Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 11:08   #31

Boat: Tartan 30 - Bluegrass
Send a message via Yahoo to Psyches Send a message via Skype™ to Psyches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsurfer View Post
I have copied the file 'routemanagerdialog.patch' to the root dir of my local opencpn files. And that's the place/ location from which I open the file.
But it seems that the path information is "not recognized/ ignored" or gets "lost" somehow, somewhere ...?
Because (as I wrote already) it makes no difference where I put the files. The path shown in the patch window is always the same (/cvsroot/opencpn/....).
Ok, you can copy the .patch file there but that doesn't really matter - you could also refer to it in another directory like I do.

What does matter is the current directory in your command window / shell when you run the patch command. The path shown "/cvsroot/opencpn/opencpn/..." is not very relevant for you: it's the cvs path of the "remote" file. It will not match your local file path, but is mappable to it. If this doesn't make sense...just ignore it.

Quote:
Sorry, but how to use a "dir" command on Windows?
And yes, all the Makefile.xxx files are in the same directory.
You have to start a cmd.exe Windows command processor "shell" and cd to your opencpn cvs checkout root. You can issue a "dir" command from the cmd.exe command prompt. You have to run the patch command from the shell. Hope this makes sense, I had hoped it'd be obvious.

Quote:
BTW: I do not understand what Anders means by writing
?
Those instructions are for building opencpn on linux. For win dev you can just use the .vcproj

Quote:
One word about the batch file. Without using patch.exe this way only an empty DOS window opens on my PC and nothing else happens (no matter what you type in the window).
But I don't think that the 3 lines of code in this file make things unclear.
Not sure what you mean. You have to run patch.exe from a command prompt (or, ok, you could setup a shortcut, carefully specify the start directory and command line, set the window to stay around after program termination, etc, but that's more complicated).

The batch file is fine, but adds an extra measure of complexity. There was no output from the patch.exe in Jean Pierre's post, which shows something basic is wrong.
Psyches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I'm not on win and can't give specific advice, but....
The screen-dump in post #25 looks very much like the "problem" I had first time on Linux.
Patch is asking for which file to patch. I this situation I simply answered : "src/routmanagerdialog.cpp". This is the last file in the error . In my case patch accepted this and continued. This happened a few more times. Once patch finished, compilation worked as expected.
So, just try to answer the questions patch comes up with and if that is successful, compile as you normally do
Worth a try!
Thomas, thanks - yes that's another alternative; rather than positioning yourself to the right start location, you could just type the path to each of the files.

I just cd-ed to the root and issued the command, and patch did all the work...well, it worked after I figured out where to get patch from, and solved the win/unix line-end incompatibilities
Old 10-02-2010, 12:47   #33

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Hi Mark , Gunther
That's OK I succeed !
In fact I had to de-activate the user control of vista to run patch.exe
Then I've compiled successfully cvs with route manager
Nevertheless I've still two warnings :
LINK : warning LNK4075: ' /INCREMENTAL' ignoré à cause de la specification '/OPT:ICF'
.. not applied due to ..
warning PRJ0018 : Les variables d'environnement suivantes sont introuvables :
$(WXWIN)
... following Environment variables not found ... $(WXWIN)

I don't know if it has an impact on opencpn because there is a problem with the route manager
I'll post on Beta Test / Technical what happens If some one want I post the .exe file , it must be by mail , after compression , it's still too big

Thanks for your help
Jean Pierre
Ptizef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 17:29   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptizef View Post
Hi Mark , Gunther
That's OK I succeed !
In fact I had to de-activate the user control of vista to run patch.exe
Then I've compiled successfully cvs with route manager
Nevertheless I've still two warnings :
LINK : warning LNK4075: ' /INCREMENTAL' ignoré à cause de la specification '/OPT:ICF'
.. not applied due to ..
warning PRJ0018 : Les variables d'environnement suivantes sont introuvables :
$(WXWIN)
... following Environment variables not found ... $(WXWIN)

I don't know if it has an impact on opencpn because there is a problem with the route manager
I'll post on Beta Test / Technical what happens If some one want I post the .exe file , it must be by mail , after compression , it's still too big

Thanks for your help
Jean Pierre
Good, Jean Pierre; you can ignore the linker warning. The env variable issue would only occur if you followed Totobeloeil's suggestions for improving my .vcproj (see here). If that's the case you'll need to supply that environment variable before starting VSE2008 - any of the ways of setting an env var will work.

But if the build worked successfully, you don't need to do anything. And if the built opencpn.exe runs, then the build worked successfully

Mark
Old 11-02-2010, 00:08   #35

Hi Mark
I've followed faithfully your procedure . the bigger difficulties i had was for the patch :
I had to put patch.exe in window/system32 folder,the .patch in opencpn folder and de-activate that boring vista users control .
just a precision : I use winCvs to get sources
regards
Jean Pierre
Old 11-02-2010, 04:09   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptizef View Post
Hi Mark
I've followed faithfully your procedure . the bigger difficulties i had was for the patch :
I had to put patch.exe in window/system32 folder,the .patch in opencpn folder and de-activate that boring vista users control .
just a precision : I use winCvs to get sources
regards
Jean Pierre
Hi Jean Pierre, good info. Any path to success is fine. The patch process is rather "non-windows", so I haven't been surprised it's a bit more trouble for all, but it'll be useful. The .exe has to go on your path, and with no installer, you'd have to fix that yourself. Vista adds its own complexities. It's been many years since I used wincvs, but if it works, it's fine. A good thing about Windows is there's usually many choices. That's also a bad thing about Windows.

Mark
Old 19-02-2010, 15:41   #37

OpenCPN in VC++ 6

hello,

I am not a programmer, but I am trying to compile OpenCPN in Visual C++ 6 (sp6)!

After a lot of hours I found this:
Compiling Applications in Visual C++ - wxWidgets
...and it helped a lot...
zemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 00:52   #38

OpenCPN v1.3.6 unofficial build steps for Win32 Vista

zemaria,

I'm not sure VC6 is a good solution. Maybe you should try VC8 instead.

The following links could help :
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/opencpn-build-on-win32-34824.html#post393825
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post385984

Good luck !

Jean-Pascal
Totobeloeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 06:01   #39

It's working (in VC6)

Finally it's working.

With just a few warnings in the compiler about «signed and unsigned conversions»!

Where I have time to spend I just have acces to VC6.

At home I have VS 2008 express and at the school I have access to VS 2008 full, but I don't have time.

So I will continue to try in VC6.

If someone needs the project files in VC6 I can post here.
zemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 15:40   #40

.sln & .vcproj now in CVS

I've (finally!) checked in a solution and VC project file to CVS, and updated the README accordingly (removed most watcom stuff, ...).

The vcproj is basically like the unofficial ones going around, except (a) it uses relative paths for all but wxWidgets, (b) it uses the env var $(WX_BASE) to define where wxWidgets is.

I've tried it out for both Debug and Release builds, but let me know if you run into any problems.

Note that I haven't removed any watcom usage or changed makefiles anywhere, so anyone using this stuff can still do so.

Mark
Old 18-04-2010, 08:28   #41

Boat: vd Stadt 44, Ben the Boat
VC2010

Hi,

Successful transfered OpenCPN to VC2010 build 416

I got two (i'ts one) linker faults in build. If i comment out the RouteManagerDialog the build is successful. I don't understand why the compilation succeeds with another C++ compiler.

chcanv.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall RouteManagerDialog::~RouteManagerDialog(void)" (??1RouteManagerDialog@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall ChartCanvas::ShowRouteManager(void)" (?ShowRouteManager@ChartCanvas@@QAEXXZ)

chcanv.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall RouteManagerDialog::RouteManagerDialog(class wxWindow *)" (??0RouteManagerDialog@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall ChartCanvas::ShowRouteManager(void)" (?ShowRouteManager@ChartCanvas@@QAEXXZ)

Debug\opencpn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
champ8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 11:40   #42

Boat: Fantasia 35
I use VC2008/9 and have had this exact same problem. To resolve this you need to add RouteManagerDialog.cpp to the opencpn.vcproj file. In VC2008/9 I used "Add Existing Item" in the project menu to add this file.

Paul
Viking Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 12:12   #43

Thanx Paul,

That did the trick

bart
Old 30-04-2010, 13:03   #44

vcproj and 2.10 - 426

hi all

Here you can find a vcproj file which works for version 2.1.0 beta 426

Jean Pierre
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn.vcproj.doc (12.5 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-05-2010, 04:04   #45

VS2010 (ultimate)

Hi all,

Just as a note. OpenCPN doesn't work (jet) in VS2010. It compiles OK but a lot of unhandled assertions in wxwidgets

I've downloaded VS2008 express and no problems

Bart