Originally Posted by antonm
Well. There are few things that we need to do more. I have made several updates in svn:
2. Included "dfsg" to version number since we using stripped tarballs. I also updated the script to strip out zlib and bzip sources since it is not really needed as we use debian libs.
tarball making script:
I would not bother to remove bzip2 and zlib there, as it is done by
'rules' already and is not needed for dfsg-ness, which is the reason
for making the tarball.
+dfsg into binary package version number:
as our build will be bit-for-bit identical to one built from a non-
stripped version of the source (the only difference between the
source tarballs being unused code), I don't see a point in adding
the +dfsg to the binary package version, it clutters for no reason.
instead of putting the new tarballs in svn, the latest idea is to
put their md5sum in svn and put the tarball at
Index of /tarballs
(get_latest_from_git.sh updated with details which I hadn't checked in)
4. While patched build creates /usr/lib/opencpn-plugins directory it still install plugins to /usr/lib/opencpn and opencpn-plugins is empty. We will need to fix this.
I'll try and take care of that today.
Also I will check if docs/images are still dispersed correctly after the path renames there.