Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 07:39   #16

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 4.5.307

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Gerhard...

The ASSERT in your screenshot does not exist in the wx302 source code.

Ergo, a user or developer using the recommended build process will not see it.

Dave
I don't speak about the assert but for the wrong usage of attributes for sizers, which you always use the wrong way. And I have told you that several times already. Read the eBook!
Got it now?

Gerhard

CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:25   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitterdan View Post
Gerhard,

If you don't mind you could help me. Please clone https://.com/transmitterdan/OpenCPN and build branch DanBugFix. Tell me if you get any asserts under MacOS. I don't have a MAC to test. This branch has all updates from Dave plus my attempt to remove all asserts. I am also making this branch compatible with WX 3.1. On Windows it builds and runs against WX 3.1 with no issues.
Dan,
your link above has the word "github" missing.
As I wrote you already I have a completely different installation here (Sierra SDK, Xcode and some things like fogging charts, mipmap, compressing and so on not using). Furthermore plugins compiles here not as stand-alone but together with the main program (only one version of e.g. ocpn_plugin.h and one version for all parts of the nmea0183 files needed). And I have implemented the Sparkle framework for easy updates.
I have still some issues not cleaned yet especially showing up with static analyzer but your code shows some more issues. That are e.g.:
- line 2835 in s52plib.cpp "float ddx = pivot_x;" Code will never be executed
- line 8851 in s52plib.cpp "wxRect rScreen( 0, 0, screenw, screenh );" Code will never be executed (the line before is: "return;")
- line 1405 in mygeom.cpp "double easting, northing;" Code will never be executed
- line 9785 in chcanv.cpp "for(i=0; i<(int)sizeof(int); ++i)" Code will never be executed
- line 9803 in chcanv.cpp "for(i=0; i<(int)sizeof(unsigned short); ++i)" Code will never be executed
- line 868 in TCWin.cpp "for( int i = 0; i < 26; i++ ) {" Variable 'idx' is used uninitialized whenever 'for' loop exits because its condition is false
- line 686 in Quilt.cpp "ArrayOfInts ret;" Code will never be executed
- line 975 in ais.cpp "if(!g_bInlandEcdis){" Variable 'theta' is used uninitialized whenever 'if' condition is false
- line 2111 in toolbar.cpp "wxImage scaled_image = bmp.ConvertToImage();" Code will never be executed
All issues above results not from static analyzer and are not seen in my version of the code. The static analyzer shows more than 300 issues while my code shows still about 90 issues. Reason for the differences might be also my Xcode settings. I haven't made completely new settings for your code and because I haven't e.g. mipmap implemented the compiler doesn't finish with your code.

Gerhard

Old 09-03-2017, 13:05   #18
ejs

Boat: Able Apogee 50

Dear Gerhard,

You have no right at all to be "angry" at the developers for not fixing your bugs. You also have crossed the line of civility by calling them "ignorant and arrogant". This is an open source project, they are volunteers and you are not their project manager.

You seem to have the skills to help them, why don't you fix a few of the bugs yourself and actually help out the community? At the very least you could report the bugs into the tracking system like they have politely asked you to do several times.

Yours it the type of complaining that drives good developers away from open source projects, please take some time to consider your comments on this forum more carefully. The sailing community has benefited tremendously from this software and from the programming talent that has created it, please try to be part of the solution and stop being part of the problem.

-Eric
ejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 19:03   #19

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Dan,
your link above has the word "github" missing.

snip...
Gerhard,

Thank you for checking it. I think I have killed all the asserts in Wx 3.1 so far.

Dan
transmitterdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 23:19   #20

In Inland ECDIS mode, night mode is always turned on, even in the daytime.
I switch to the day. After rebooting CPN, the night (twilight) mode is re-enabled
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 23:57   #21

Boat: Najad 34

Baikal..
Yes, that's intentional. Seems to be requested by the InlandECDIS.
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 00:03   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Baikal..
Yes, that's intentional. Seems to be requested by the InlandECDIS.
Håkan
Can it turn on automatically when dusk sets in?
There is clearly something wrong!
Old 10-03-2017, 00:47   #23

Boat: Najad 34

Baikal..
What do you mean with "wrong"? OCPN act as it's programed to do, no bugs here.
Automatically? - Well, then OCPN must know position, date and time before launch and check in a rather huge table for sun rise and set. Compared to how often you as a barge skipper at inland freight restarts OCPN it wouldn't be worth it I think.
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:06   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Baikal..
What do you mean with "wrong"? OCPN act as it's programed to do, no bugs here.
Automatically? - Well, then OCPN must know position, date and time before launch and check in a rather huge table for sun rise and set. Compared to how often you as a barge skipper at inland freight restarts OCPN it wouldn't be worth it I think.
Håkan
This functionality is described in the specification to iECDIS?
Why not the day at the start of the program?
On a commercial iECDIS certified I did not see this so that at the start of the program it started in the night mode!

And why the parameters are not saved before going out the same day and displaying all objects instead of standard ones. If this is also conceived, then this mode is useless!
Old 10-03-2017, 01:15   #25
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Baikal,

from the InlandECDIS 2.3 standard it is mandatory to start the program in dusk mode.
No other interpretation is possible.
If there is an InlandECDIS, which starts in day mode, this would not be correct.

Starting with Standard as data presentation is mandatory as well.
And to able to return to Standard with one key stroke. "n" in the case of OCPN.

(After reading it many times in the last weeks I know the part of IECDIS 2.3 in Information Mode almost from memory)

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12   #26

Another reason to compile your own version.
The old slogan "Done from sailors for sailors" does not exists anymore.

Gerhard
Old 10-03-2017, 03:25   #27
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Gerhard,

if you refer to the InlandECDIS mode why do you complain?
Just don't switch it on.

And FYI: in the European Inland waters quite a lot of vessels do rely on OpenCPN for their daily work.
Since January, 1st in German waterways (plus the complete Rhine) they are obliged to have a system which is compliant with InlandECDIS 2.3
Now they can have one without paying 2.000+ € (plus several 100€ maintenance fees/yr) for other commercial solutions. And for the family businesses running these type of vessels this is a lot of money.

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:20   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Gerhard,

if you refer to the InlandECDIS mode why do you complain?
Just don't switch it on.

And FYI: in the European Inland waters quite a lot of vessels do rely on OpenCPN for their daily work.
Since January, 1st in German waterways (plus the complete Rhine) they are obliged to have a system which is compliant with InlandECDIS 2.3
Now they can have one without paying 2.000+ € (plus several 100€ maintenance fees/yr) for other commercial solutions. And for the family businesses running these type of vessels this is a lot of money.

Hubert
Agreed, but then there should be different versions: One for the average sailor and one for commercial use. Same as for the Android version someone could make a business?

And yes, sometimes I navigate through the canals and rivers (Med <-> Northsea) fortunately using my own version.
BTW its the same issue as the crazy fogging chart display.

Gerhard
Old 10-03-2017, 06:21   #29

Boat: Valiant 42

The InlandECDIS mode is for commercial vessels and not intended for recreational users. The mode is selectable by the user and was created at the request of several users. There is no need for multiple versions of the program.

People who do not use the publicly available program should check before criticizing because they may not know how the current version operates. Every criticism raised by Carcode is not actually seen by users who get the official beta version of the program and thus may be safely ignored.
transmitterdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21   #30

Boat: Halmatic 30

It is non existing problem. You can switch the setting InlandENC off or on. I use it switched on, because I like the simple taskbar.

And of course, it is wise to start the program in the dusk mode, to avoid damage to your night vision if O is started in the the evening or at night.

verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn