First, let me start this by saying that during neither my testing today, or my testing yesterday was I drinking or otherwise mentally impaired!
The reason I asked about the 3 checksum characters was that I only see them in the Route sentence, not the waypoint sentences and didn't see any reference to them in the Furuno
I started testing the 5 waypoint route I used yesterday that worked with the route manager but didn't work when right clicking on the route. I included a screen
capture of the success and failure, but they appear to be identical.
I then tried the 11 waypoint route I used yesterday. Much to surprise, it worked fine today. As did any other route I tried up to a maximum of 24 waypoints. And even more surprising, both of these routes upload fine using the right click on the route. (Yes, I'm also starting to think I'm losing my mind!)
Thinking I must have done something wrong, I went back and tried the 5 waypoint route again. I can send it from route manager, but not right clicking. I created another route with 5 waypoints. I can also send this one via the route manager, but not right clicking. And again with this route, the NMEA
screens appear identical.
I added a 6th waypoint to this route and tried uploading again with right click, it failed. I added 5 more waypoints to the same route giving it 11 and tried again. It uploaded with 11 waypoints using the right click. I've included a screen
capture showing both the 6 waypoint failure and the 11 waypoint success on the same screen.
I'm completely stumped. I can find no obvious pattern to why one works and another fails. I also included a screen print of the 24 that succeeds. Unless your checksum routine uses a date function or lunar position as part of the algorithm, I don't think it's the checksums. I think it must be a hardware
issue on my computer. I don't know what else it could be.
Yesterday, after posting
my message, I saved off the opencpn
directory, removed all versions and reinstalled 2107 as a completely clean install and the results were the same as I posted yesterday. I powered off and rebooted the computer multiple times during yesterdays tests and it made no difference. Also powered the GPS
off and on multiple times to make sure there wasn't something residual sitting around somewhere. No difference. I restored my saved configuration directory, reinstalled 2118 and tried again yesterday with the same results. Today I try it to get you screen captures, and some of it works!
I think I'll go get a cold beer
and start looking for a new motherboard.