Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2012, 09:28   #31
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Maybe restricting the translation collaborators to just the language part of the repo.
AFAIK you can't do that on Github. It's an all or nothing thing.
__________________

__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:55   #32
Registered User
 
HappySeagull's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.C.,Canada
Boat: 29'
Posts: 2,395
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Moving Marks FIXED!
Bouncing around like that or (and wherever else you all are) - no wonder it wasn't noticed...
__________________

__________________
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 11:59   #33
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 65
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
Yeah that was the problem I was trying to fix, but I was a little to fast...

A proper fix has been committed.
Nice. Just pulled and rebuild and I can confirm it's working. I also closed the issue I opened for this.

Coding question: why did you not use a vector<int> with linear search instead of a map<int, int>?
__________________
nkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 12:13   #34
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiesel View Post
Nice. Just pulled and rebuild and I can confirm it's working. I also closed the issue I opened for this.

Coding question: why did you not use a vector<int> with linear search instead of a map<int, int>?
Well, first I thought I could get away without the searches, and then I realized each ListBox->Append() was changing an unknown number of already stored xRefs, so then I fixed that, and at that point a map would have made more sense but it's only 50 items or so, and then I was too lazy to redo the whole thing because it was already working (And there would still b linerar searches on a map in SetInitialSettings because of the changing xrefs when ->Appending())

And even better would be to use a custom sort function on ps52plib->pOBJLArray with an extended OBJLElement. But I always end up thinking for 2 hours before I get the pointers to pointers typecasting correct when writing those, so I opted out of that too.

And by the way, we use OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist for issue reporting, better to work there than Github because very few notices what you enter there.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 12:27   #35
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 65
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
Well, first I thought I could get away without the searches, and then I realized each ListBox->Append() was changing an unknown number of already stored xRefs, so then I fixed that, and at that point a map would have made more sense but it's only 50 items or so, and then I was too lazy to redo the whole thing because it was already working (And there would still b linerar searches on a map in SetInitialSettings because of the changing xrefs when ->Appending())

And even better would be to use a custom sort function on ps52plib->pOBJLArray with an extended OBJLElement. But I always end up thinking for 2 hours before I get the pointers to pointers typecasting correct when writing those, so I opted out of that too.
Fair enough. BTW: why are you using wxLB_SINGLE instead of wxLB_MULTIPLE when creating ps57CtlListBox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
And by the way, we use OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist for issue reporting, better to work there than Github because very few notices what you enter there.
Will use that in the future.

</nk>
__________________
nkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 12:32   #36
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiesel View Post
Fair enough. BTW: why are you using wxLB_SINGLE instead of wxLB_MULTIPLE when creating ps57CtlListBox?
It was single since before, and it makes no difference whatsoever since we don't use selections from this control. We only use the Checked attribute.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 19:25   #37
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 9,320
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

34° 25.5' S 57° 20.6' W on Google Earth looks well protected from all appearances. Sorry about the weather.

Downloaded 3.1.919 but needed to use "git reset --hard origin/master" again to get it to download the new version, then git fetch. The Options seemed to work fine. Zoom in and out seemed to require more CPU (just an impression).
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 07:53   #38
Registered User
 
HotRod's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SW Norway
Boat: Nidelv 28, 28ft
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to HotRod Send a message via Skype™ to HotRod
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Have anyone looked at the "Mariners Standard" part... I see that it has been simplified and understandable...
However it does not seem to add up on several switches...
E.g. Berth switches on/off highlight cities...?
This should also be translatable...
__________________
Best Regards
OpenCPN Norge - Norwegian OpenCPN community
Frode
HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 08:07   #39
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Have anyone looked at the "Mariners Standard" part... I see that it has been simplified and understandable...
However it does not seem to add up on several switches...
E.g. Berth switches on/off highlight cities...?
This should also be translatable...
This is the problem reported by nkiesel above. Already has a fix committed, but just didn't make it into the beta.

For this beta release you will have to do with Select All, and then using the hot-keys to turn stuff on and off.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 12:14   #40
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 65
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Any plans on merging one or more of the pull requests before releasing 3.2? I'm naturally mostly interested in my little "A for anchor" hotkey.
__________________
nkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 13:23   #41
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiesel View Post
Any plans on merging one or more of the pull requests before releasing 3.2? I'm naturally mostly interested in my little "A for anchor" hotkey.
There will be more betas before 3.2. I've poked Dave about your commit too.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 15:46   #42
Senior Cruiser
 
sinbad7's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ubatuba,SP,Brazil (Ex Norway)
Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Posts: 2,717
Images: 57
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Strange behavior connected to GPS.

OpenCpn is connected to GPS via COM:4 and data is arriving as can be seen from the attachment. Still,my ´ownship´(a car) is not changing color or making any movements???

I used the GPS in my Galaxy via the ExtGPS app in previous OpenCPN versions without problems.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

Tore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_57 Sep. 22 18.33.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	46907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-22-18-34-58.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	46908  

__________________
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
sinbad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 02:29   #43
Registered User
 
Rik-lu's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Boat: HR40
Posts: 196
Images: 2
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Hi developers,
may I remind you on:

FS#246 - Search function for objects (e.g., islands) for CM93

in one of the next versions please.


Thanks for the great job you have done !
__________________
Hi from Rik
Rik-lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 17:19   #44
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,878
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

Hello testers...

O Version 3.1.919 has some trouble with NVC and BSB4 PlugIns. Actually, the problem has existed since 3.1.915. Symptom: immediate crash on chart database update referencing BSB4 or NVC charts, as the case may be.

Anyway, the solution is understood and available in github master for next Beta.

Dave
__________________
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 10:09   #45
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 9,320
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.919 Released

I just did a git fetch and it seemed to download some new files, then from Win7 MSVS C++2010 "build solution". Version 3.1.919
1. Seems faster on pan and zoom for some reason.
2. One small thing though, under Options the popup window still shows no icons for Display, Connections, Charts, Ships, User Interface, Plugins. Should I download or add something?
3. Plugins - there appear to be no plugins, may I just add the ones from 3.0.2? Or should I download source from somewhere and compile the plugins?
Thanks.
__________________

__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opencpn

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.