Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2012, 05:23   #46
Registered User
 
plang732's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brussels/Belgium
Boat: One off, sailboat 44'
Posts: 6
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

> 49. Rework Canvas popup menu for better organization.
> 49. New Popup context menu structure, grouping items into sub-menus to > avoid screen crowding. Comments welcome.

Hi Dave,

Nice work !

Dialogs
Just a comment. To avoid the vertical scroll bar into the "AIS Targets" Tab. It should possible to put the "Rollover" and "CPA/TCPA Alerts" groups at the same latitude... in front of each other.

Button bar
I suggest to improve the order of the buttons of the button bar, by sorting them on a logical way, as you did for the settings dialogs. Here under is a suggestion, with notes...

I do not know if it is possible to sort the plugins between the others.

Regards
Pierre

(note: easy to find as it is the first)
Drop MOB Marker (Ctrl-Space)

(note: Zoom and Scale)
Zoom In (+)
Zoom Out (-)
Shift to Large Scale Chart (F7)
Shift to Smaller Scale Chart (F8)

(note: Look and Feel)
Show ENC Text (F7)
Show AIS Targets
Show Currents
Show Tides
Change Color Scheme (F5)

(note: navigation, routes & Tracks)
Auto Follow (F2)
Toggle Tracking
Create Route
Route Manager

(note: others)
Print Chart
Options
About OpenCPN

(plugins)
Plugin Dashboard
Plugin GRIB
__________________

__________________
plang732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 06:02   #47
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
opencpn crashes on win when auto-creating a rhumb line
Maybe you mean when creating a Route, using Great Circle routing? I found a problem there, related to Undo. This has been fixed.
__________________

__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 06:16   #48
Registered User

Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Africa
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Legende 41
Posts: 52
Send a message via Skype™ to jean_pfoumf
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

For Mac,
I've copied the Uidata folder from the 3.1.814 Windows version into SharedSupport and now I can start O 3.1.915.
But seems to have a lot of problems.
__________________
jean_pfoumf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 07:42   #49
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxtr View Post
All repeated once again and the result did not change: I could not start the program.
So the strange thing is that you are not getting any opencpn.ini file in c:\ProgramData\opencpn

I am somewhat suspicious that your Turkish operating system is causing that to fail... As far as I know 3.0.2 runs OK in Turkish, and we have not really changed the handling of locales in this beta.

Can you run v3.0.2 on this system?
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 07:47   #50
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_pfoumf View Post
For Mac,
I've copied the Uidata folder from the 3.1.814 Windows version into SharedSupport and now I can start O 3.1.915.
But seems to have a lot of problems.
Could you please enter those problem into OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist ? (Against the 3.1.x Beta Project, specifying Mac platform)

The Mac developers are gone for a few days from this forum and the best way to make sure we don't loose them is to create a Flyspray entries for the problems.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 08:33   #51
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Istanbul
Boat: Steel, Regina, Holland, 8.70
Posts: 95
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
So the strange thing is that you are not getting any opencpn.ini file in c:\ProgramData\opencpn

I am somewhat suspicious that your Turkish operating system is causing that to fail... As far as I know 3.0.2 runs OK in Turkish, and we have not really changed the handling of locales in this beta.

Can you run v3.0.2 on this system?
Yes, v3.0.2 working very well, v3.1.814 too.

Program crushes when I try to open toolbox.

I dont why, when or how but once I received an eror message alike "styles could not find" ?..
__________________
boraxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 09:05   #52
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 134
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by plang732 View Post
>Button bar
I suggest to improve the order of the buttons of the button bar, by sorting them on a logical way, as you did for the settings dialogs. Here under is a suggestion, with notes...

I do not know if it is possible to sort the plugins between the others.

Regards
Pierre

(note: easy to find as it is the first)
Drop MOB Marker (Ctrl-Space)

(note: Zoom and Scale)
Zoom In (+)
Zoom Out (-)
Shift to Large Scale Chart (F7)
Shift to Smaller Scale Chart (F8)

(note: Look and Feel)
Show ENC Text (F7)
Show AIS Targets
Show Currents
Show Tides
Change Color Scheme (F5)

(note: navigation, routes & Tracks)
Auto Follow (F2)
Toggle Tracking
Create Route
Route Manager

(note: others)
Print Chart
Options
About OpenCPN

(plugins)
Plugin Dashboard
Plugin GRIB
!!! Very good idea !!!
__________________
kubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 09:20   #53
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfreddie View Post
Thomas:
Would you be willing to share your secrets with me for building the Mac OS version of OpenCPN? The instructions on the O web page do not work for me.

Thanks,
Freddie
I'm not at all involved in the Mac build. It's all done by "bdbcat". I just uploaded his package.

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 09:33   #54
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
I'm glad a lot of you seem to like the new UI! Thanks.

I can reproduce the move. Most interesting effect, well spotted!!!
Could maybe be a rounding error in the conversion between double and deg/min string...
Jesper, Happy and all

I cannot repeat the "mark jump". It may have something to do with the fact that I'm using a 64 bit system, so a possible rounding error will not be the same.

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 10:04   #55
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxtr View Post
Yes, v3.0.2 working very well, v3.1.814 too.
Program crushes when I try to open toolbox.
I dont why, when or how but once I received an eror message alike "styles could not find" ?..
If you get as far as trying to open the Options window then OpenCPN is running and you must have an opencpn.ini file, right??? (you said before that it was not created)

Anyway, the actual crash problem could be a little bit hard to find without a debugger. Would you be willing to try running a special opencpn.exe which has more extensive debugging code in it? If you are, please PM me with your email address.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 10:07   #56
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Boat: Journeyman
Posts: 705
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I cannot repeat the "mark jump". It may have something to do with the fact that I'm using a 64 bit system, so a possible rounding error will not be the same.
Or maybe you have a normal desktop mouse with no jitter
The cause was not rounding, it was very small drag events in the event queue. A fix is in master.
__________________
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 10:41   #57
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Jesper

I saw your post about the drag event to late......

When adding or deleting a chart directory, the changes are processed twice if first clicking "Apply" and then "OK", once for each button.

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:08   #58
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

I renamed my opencpn.conf file, to test what a new install is like.

When clicking OK in the dialog that tells me to install charts I get a crash!

Click image for larger version

Name:	915-crash.png
Views:	92
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	46687

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:11   #59
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Istanbul
Boat: Steel, Regina, Holland, 8.70
Posts: 95
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
...Would you be willing to try running a special opencpn.exe which has more extensive debugging code in it? If you are, please PM me with your email address.
Please send to:

boraxtr@yahoo.com
__________________
boraxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:12   #60
Senior Cruiser
 
sinbad7's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ubatuba,SP,Brazil (Ex Norway)
Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Posts: 2,717
Images: 57
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.915 Released

Hi all..

Has any resolution been found to the total crashing of OCPN when accessing the Toolbox button? I see I am not the only one..

I am running Win 7 starter edition.

Tore
__________________

__________________
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
sinbad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opencpn

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:58.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.