Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2012, 09:46   #1
Marine Service Provider

OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.714 Released

Ahoy, OpenCPN'ers...

Here we go again

OpenCPN Version 3.1 Beta Build 714 will soon be available for download from opencpn.org.

Monitor the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....

Source is available now on github at:
https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN
Branch: beta31_stable

Changelog
1. Manual Merge from 3.0.2
2. Implement UI Theme support with Traditional and two new themes. Thanks, Jesperwe!
3. Allow user selection of status bar font. jesperwe.
4. Show total route length in route rollover popup. jesperwe
5. Implement "copy-to-clipboard" from Route Properties and Tracks dialogs. jesperwe
6. Allow edit of waypoints in Route Properties dialog. jesperwe
7. Add dynamic menu for AIS targets to show/hide CPA line. Thanks tom-r
8. Add CPA/TCPA to AIS Target List Thank tom-r

Release Beta 3.1.714

Notes:
2-6. I'll let jesperwe decribe this major update.
7-8. Similar for tom-r, please.

We are planning an incremental 3.2 Release sometime in the fall, subject to development and testing progress. 3.2 will contain many of the most often requested Features discussed in the recent 3.2 planning thread on the Forum.

Thanks for your continued testing support!

Good Luck
Dave
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 11:00   #2

Boat: Journeyman
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.714 Released

UI Styles: There is a page in the documentation wiki at http://opencpn.org/ocpn/ui-styles
I believe this is of particular interest to those who have been asking for the possibility to create a touch friendly interface.

For developers who have not been part in the pre beta testing, note that this commit brings very large refactorings with it. It also establishes a uniform coding style across most source files, more on that in http://opencpn.org/ocpn/code-style

Status Bar font:
Allows selecting a user defined font for the status bar. Done in the sae place as all the other fonts, except the tab in the settings window has been renamed to "User Interface" (Used to be "Etc/Fonts"). Hopefully we'll see some more improvements in the settings window in this beta series... Note that the status bar font is treated in the same manner as the ENC text font: What you select is a template, it can still grow or shrink from that depending on window size. But I did try to limit it so it should be big enough to read and not super large either, as it could become in 3.0.

Total Route Length
: Does what it says on the tin...

Copy to clipboard
: For routes, in the Route Properties window, you can click RMB and select "Copy all as text". This will copy all route information plus the waypoints to the clipboard as a tab separated text. Works great to paste into your favorite Office application (text editor or spreadsheet). Then you can style and print it as you like. For tracks, it is also available from the context meny and will copy all the track properties text. Good for documentation and printing.

Route editing
: Two new features in the Route Properties window. Both are available from the context menu (RMB click). You can go straight to the waypoint properties window for a selected waypoint. And you can remove a waypont from the route. I know you're gonna ask about adding an existing, but that is much harder to code. We'll see if I get around to it.
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 12:23   #3

Boat: Phantom 19

Howdy all...
The Windows package is ready for download.
I'm traveling and without access to my Linux machines at home, so anybody waiting for an update to the PPA for all the various older *buntu flavors will have to wait until Monday.

@JesperWe, this one is probably for you - W7, Intel HD graphics (drivers as upto date as I can force the Thinkpad), OpenGL off - there are artifacts of the desktop bellow the GPS status window. Much better with GL turned on (in that case the GPS status indicator looks to be "pulsing" a little during resizing the window, but then OK)

Pavel
Attached Images

nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 12:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
@JesperWe, this one is probably for you - W7, Intel HD graphics (drivers as upto date as I can force the Thinkpad), OpenGL off - there are artifacts of the desktop bellow the GPS status window.
Pavel
I hate that. I think it is a driver/wxW combo bug. I think if you size the window down and move it around the screen, you will find the artifacts disappear with some window positions and reappear with others.
Old 14-07-2012, 13:28   #5

Boat: Medusa 25

Just a quick question about opencpn if someone could help? I am just back from my first ever trip and opencpn has worked flawlessly.

I just went to open it then and a message came up saying opencpn has stopped working check online for a solution or close program.

I have tried to find a solution but it still wont work. Is it possible to get my tracks/routes from the program before a reinstall?

Thanks Tilly
tillybobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 13:29   #6

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

No icon displayed (but space present) for the AIS Radar plugin although it can be activated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image001.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	43431  
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 13:36   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillybobs View Post
Is it possible to get my tracks/routes from the program before a reinstall?
Yes it is: Move all files called navobj.xml.X from C:\ProgramData\opencpn to somewhere safe. Copy them back after reinstall.

( BTW, Next time you post, please try to put the post in the appropriate thread or start a new one. This thread is about the 3.1.714 beta and should preferably be kept to that. )
Old 14-07-2012, 13:42   #8

Boat: Medusa 25

Thank you JesperWe I will do that in future.
tillybobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 13:50   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
No icon displayed (but space present) for the AIS Radar plugin although it can be activated
Hmm... Who does the AIS Radar PI? I wonder how it sets its icon...
Old 14-07-2012, 14:01   #10

Boat: 10.50 mètres

hello,

Quote:
Howdy all...
W7, Intel HD graphics (drivers as upto date as I can force the Thinkpad), OpenGL off - there are artifacts of the desktop bellow the GPS status window. Much better with GL turned on (in that case the GPS status indicator looks to be "pulsing" a little during resizing the window, but then OK)

Pavel
ASUS 1001 HA XP SP3, OpenCPN 3.1.1714 :
I confirm the presence of the artifact at the top right of the screen with OpenGL Off. It disappears with OpenGL On.
Attached Images

Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 14:36   #11

Boat: Oneoff

Getting a Crash here after some time running
Running on gentoo.
3.02 runs fine
Code:
/ocpn3.1b/OpenCPN/build$ opencpn 

Error opening coefficient file

(opencpn:9846): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed

(opencpn:9846): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed

Segmentation fault
dirk@laptop:~/development/ocpn3.1b/OpenCPN/build$
Code looks to run fine for abt 20 minutes, then chrashes without touching anything.
Logfile shows nothing special.
Dirk
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 16:18   #12

Concerning the tool bar, I prefer the traditional in color that the narrow in black (version 3.1.714). This could be nice on a small screen but not usefull on a 15 in. Fortunately you can change it. For the rest it seems OK.
Bye and thanks.
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 17:58   #13

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
Hmm... Who does the AIS Radar PI? I wonder how it sets its icon...
Jesper...
I have no direct contact with the author and don't know if he's observing this forum, but I did the build for 3.0 from the code at https://github.com/nohal/radar_pi - Will have a look what's going on there as time allows as I've seen the same behavior with some other plugin in development I have tested lately. None of mine shows this problem, so it's not looking as a general problem in the core.

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 22:24   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
Concerning the tool bar, I prefer the traditional in color that the narrow in black (version 3.1.714). This could be nice on a small screen but not usefull on a 15 in. Fortunately you can change it. For the rest it seems OK.
Bye and thanks.
The "Narrow in black" actually has LARGER buttons than the traditional
(The traditional has more margins, but they are not clickable...)
Old 15-07-2012, 01:25   #15

Quote:
there are artifacts of the desktop bellow the GPS status window.
Turns out that was not so hard to fix after all, there was a bit of code in the chart drawing I wasn't aware of, that tried to be clever

Tags
opencpn