Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2012, 06:49   #31
Marine Service Provider

Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.714 Released

Folks...

Ooops, forgot about po-update....

Thanks, j
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 06:56   #32
Marine Service Provider

Hey there..

Just a reminder:
If you are building from github source, and have a bug to report, we must know whether you built from branch beta31_stable, or branch master. They will have the same version identifier, namely 3.1.714. Branch master, however, is the working sandbox. It is not alleged to run, may not even build right, and could eat all the cheese in your house...

Thanks
Dave
Old 15-07-2012, 07:45   #33

Boat: Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Just a reminder:
If you are building from github source, and have a bug to report, we must know whether you built from branch beta31_stable, or branch master. They will have the same version identifier, namely 3.1.714.
Hmm... On that subject: Should we commit fixes to the beta branch instead? I just went with the master branch out of habit, since you've been assembling the release branches before.

(New features obviously should go on master first, but fixes to beta bugs/regressions could go either way as I see it...)
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 08:02   #34
Marine Service Provider

Jesper, and everyone else...

My preference is:
0. Keep beta30_stable stable, as it were. It is the latest official Beta release.

1. accumulate incremental fixes in master. The only real reason to push fixes to master often is so that the developers can avoid merge hassles.

2. keep a changelog file (I do that)
3. tag Flyspray fixes as "solution pending" when a fix is done and alpha tested.
4. Release a new beta312_stable when "enough" has been fixed/implemented.
5. Update Flyspray tasks with "Implemented in current beta"

I make no promises that issues flying by on the Forum thread will be noticed or fixed. Usually they are, but Flyspray is the best practice. Trackable and concise.

We need to run a fairly tight ship, since we have an unknown number of testers, with unknown skills, and more than 100,000 installed field copies, (or at least unique downloads).

Thanks
Dave
Old 15-07-2012, 11:47   #35

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello Jesper,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
It seems no one thought about running the pot-update and po-update this time. I have done it and committed to the master branch.
For over two years, I try to do as quickly as possible translation in French. We should not see any other motive than the. This also helps to make these translations available to the French sailors who want to test OpenCPN. Among them: Sailor54, Ptizef and others that provide dynamic, and "customer service", for free, for OpenCPN in our country.

But you can do like with the previous version. Wait until the last beta to include, finally, the new French mo file in the software.

Best regards

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 12:41   #36

Boat: Oneoff

GD Jesper,
pls find her my gdb output
grjes Dirk
Code:
Reading symbols from /home/dirk/development/ocpn3.1b/OpenCPN/build/opencpn...done.                                                                                
(gdb) run                                                                                                                                                         
Starting program: /home/dirk/development/ocpn3.1b/OpenCPN/build/opencpn                                                                                           
warning: Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior's thread library, thread debugging will not be available.                                                  
Error opening coefficient file
[New LWP 11306]
[LWP 11306 exited]
(opencpn:11298): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed
(opencpn:11298): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x082292a2 in ocpnStyle::Style::BuildPluginIcon (this=0x849bc10, bm=0xbfffe6b4, iconType=0) at /home/dirk/development/ocpn3.1b/OpenCPN/src/styles.cpp:298
298             if( ! bm || ! bm->IsOk() ) return wxNullBitmap;
(gdb)
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 13:12   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooiedirk View Post
GD Jesper,
pls find her my gdb output
grjes Dirk
Code:
298             if( ! bm || ! bm->IsOk() ) return wxNullBitmap;
OK, I thought the compiler was supposed to be smart enough to not do the second condition if the first one was true, but obviously that is not the case. Thanks for catching that one!

It seems like you have some plugin that does something funny with its icon after a while. Would it be possible for you to replace that line in styles.cpp with:

Code:
if( ! bm ) return wxNullBitmap;
if( ! bm->IsOk() ) return wxNullBitmap;
...and make and test again?
Old 15-07-2012, 13:27   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
But you can do like with the previous version. Wait until the last beta to include, finally, the new French mo file in the software.
I think it's great that you try to be quick with translations! I try to do the same for Swedish, even though we have less skilled beta testers in Sweden than in France... I think Dave just forgot the .pot step when he tagged the release this time. That's human, after all
Old 15-07-2012, 13:35   #39

Hello Jesper and Dave (Or Dave and Jesper ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
I think it's great that you try to be quick with translations! I try to do the same for Swedish, even though we have less skilled beta testers in Sweden than in France... I think Dave just forgot the .pot step when he tagged the release this time. That's human, after all
Obviously, I understand an oversight.

Best regards

Gilletarom.
Old 15-07-2012, 13:43   #40

Hello,

I launched OpenCPN, using my new .po file and my new .mo french file

1° I see that the item "Status bar" is present twice in the User interface. One in english, one in french.

2° I triy to change the font in "Status Bar". After validating I started the plugin "VDR" to test, using a test file which usually works well.

A black box appeared in the toolbar instead of the icon of the plug-in WMM.

See two join screen copy
See my log file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-15_Crash_Black_rectangle_1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	43461   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-15_Crash_Black_rectangle_2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	43462  

Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn.log.doc (33.6 KB, 52 views)
Old 15-07-2012, 14:14   #41

Boat: Oneoff

GD Jesper,
Changed the code as you said but no change.
Removed the WMM plugin, as you mentioned funny icon behaviour, and this plugin is indeed update the icon picture 'life'. After deleting wmm.so it looks to be okay.
Dirk
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 14:35   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello,

I launched OpenCPN, using my new .po file and my new .mo french file

1° I see that the item "Status bar" is present twice in the User interface. One in english, one in french.

2° I triy to change the font in "Status Bar". After validating I started the plugin "VDR" to test, using a test file which usually works well.

A black box appeared in the toolbar instead of the icon of the plug-in WMM.

I'm not able to reproduce the doubled items in the font menu. What happens if you do the following:

- Close OCPN
- Remove everything in the [Settings/GTKFonts] part of your ~/.opencpn/opencpn.conf file.
- Restart OCPN

You still see double StatusBar entries? If you don't, try changing to another language and back again to the original and see if you get the doubles.

On the plugin icons: More work is obviously needed in this area, I haven't tested all different plugins. VDR seems like a good candidate for next one.
Old 15-07-2012, 14:39   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooiedirk View Post
GD Jesper,
Changed the code as you said but no change.
Removed the WMM plugin, as you mentioned funny icon behaviour, and this plugin is indeed update the icon picture 'life'. After deleting wmm.so it looks to be okay.
OK, thanks. Pavel actually reported his plugins worked OK with the new code before, but I guess we need more testing . That's for tomorrow though...
Old 15-07-2012, 15:30   #44

Boat: Phantom 19

Jesper...
WMM is the only plugin so far that updates it's icon while it's running (and there's gps position available)... I have not tested this part against 3.1 beta at all yet, so this one can be the case.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 15:30   #45

Boat: Hylas 44

routeman.h will not compile. styles.h is required.

Code:
 229     void ProcessIcons( ocpnStyle::Style* style );
ChuckSK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opencpn