Version 4.1.925 Beta will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
41. Improve RouteManagerDialog sizing and rotation behavior. (FS#1757, FS#1755)
42. Correct DC mode HPGL vector symbol rendering with wxGraphicsContext active.
43. Correct quilt operations on highly zoomed skewed quilt regions.
44. Correct shutdown process to avoid accessing PlugIn chart orphans.
45. Correct AIS
target age logic when DST is active (FS#1809).
46. Correct rotated clip region calculation when using depth-buffer clipping. (FS#1801)
47. Fix Grib Particle Looping (FS#1794)
48. Correct XML Changes file handling on crash restart and point dragging. (FS#1824, FS#1785)
49. Correct console canvas
location for alternate compass
50. Correct OpenGL options "accelerated panning" initial value.
51. Implement greatly improved mipmap generation algorithm using SSE intrinsics where available.
52. Improve cm93 zoom logic to show more detail where desired, especially small islands in a big sea.
53. Correct chart group logic for similar chart file location prefix. (FS#1060)
54. Improve OpenGL raster cache build time by optimizing progress dialog updating. Thanks, did-g.
55. Add filter string control to NMEA
debug window. Thanks Sean.
56. Add support for mingw compiler on Windows.
57. Correct rendering of TSS arrows in DC mode (FS#1858)
58. Correct CenterView dialog text edit control behaviour on Windows (FS#1765)
59. Correct textual description for AIS
Target Status 11 and 12 (FS#1848)
60. Correct waypoint icon selector dropdown size on MSW (FS#1815)
61. Correct initialization of UserIcons ownship preference. (FS#1769)
Lots of internal plumbing
changes on this Release, to support enhanced performance and some new type/classes of PlugIns coming. I expect you will notice the performance improvements, especially in OpenGL mode.
Also please note the default inclusion of chart downloader and WMM PlugIns, courtesy of nohal. I find that once your chart directory structure is set up compatibly, the chart downloader is incredibly convenient. No reason to navigate with out-of-date NOAA charts
This Release makes a fairly good dent in the Flyspray task list for 4.1.x. Please check your tasks and request closure if satisfied.
Also, please think hard about the Production Release 4.2, which we plan for before end-of-year. Any particular features which you feel extra passionate about should be brought to the table now for consideration, while we have some runway left.
Thanks for your continued support.