Version 4.1.602 Beta will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
1. Implement configurable waypoint range rings (FS#1560)
2. Implement configurable NMEA
Talker ID (FS#1557)
3. Harmonize autopilot
APB and XTE precision settings to be the same always.
4. Improve 2-bells audio file. (FS#1673)
5. Correct to disable selectability of hidden AIS
6. Grib: Add Fixed spacing option for arrows and numbers.
7. Grib: Correct data interpolation error at 180 E/W longitude.
8. Grib: Improve email
request dialog to allow requests crossing 180 E/W longitude.
9. Correct dialog text for magnetic variation sense. (FS#1694)
10. Add extended AIS
Aton rendering according to IEC6228_Ed2.
11. Make initial page selection on options dialog more consistent in GTK.
12. Correct ENC
UWTROC, OBSTRN,WRECKS visibility in Base and Standard modes. (FS#1717)
13. Correct uninitialized member
causing crash on DSC
message with incorrect checksum(FS#1697)
14. Correct to ignore DSC
messages with "Unspecified" position (FS#1711)
15. Correct VERCCL and VERCOP height decode and rendering on ENCs (FS#1704) Thanks TransmitterDan
16. Correct to ignore invisible marks on selection/query (FS#1670)
17. Correct keyboard accelerator logic for WXOSX (FS#1698/1655)
18. Correct RouteProperties dialog to "Stay on top" for WXOSX build (FS#1698)
19. Correct help launcher on wxWidgets 3.x. (FS#1702)
20. Correct uninitialized variables (FS#1679)
21. Correct for "GD=" missing datum in KAP chart header. (FS#1683)
22. Correct depth
unit display for BSB charts
with KNP/...UN=METRIC (FS#1654)
23. Correct cm93 failure to show some soundings on keyboard pan (FS#1689)
24. Correct automatic route
creation properties on MOB
25. Improve toolbar tooltip placement for right-located toolbar. (FS#1657)
26. Correct datum initialization for quilted non-WGS84 charts
in OpenGL mode. (FS#????)
27. Correct occasional linux
focus loss (FS#1684)
28. Preserve visibility attributes for GPX files originating from OpenCPN (FS#1667)
29. Improve formatting of S57 object attributes as decoded (FS#1713)
30. Correct ENC
SENC file creation math for ARMHF systems.
31. Implement quilting of skewed raster charts in OpenGL mode.
32. Implement manual/timed automatic toolbar hiding option.
33. Update Windows build tool to VS2103
34. Update Windows wxWidgets version to wx3.0.2
35. Implement automatic reload of updated PlugIns by visiting options->Plugins screen
36. Improve GUI for GRIB PlugIn, better fitting the small screen
37. Correct duplicate routepoint delete logic, (FS#1743)
38. Correct for inadvertent waypoint dragging on double-click (FS#1748)
39. Correct route
line width in selected and activated modes. (FS#1735)
40. Correct ownship predictor rendering when ownship is off-screen (FS#1754)
This rather large change list represents the major percentage of the outstanding Flyspray tasks against O4.
There are also a few functional improvements, to wit:
31. Quilting for skewed raster charts in OpenGL mode is now standard behaviour.
34. Update wxWidgets to version 3.02, for increased performance and stability.
36. Improved GUI for GRIB overlays. For more, see https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/pull/270
xx. Extended PlugIn API enabling some new PlugIn concepts under developement and to be seen shortly.
We are aiming to release OCPN 4.2 sometime in late summer. We should consider this Release to be a "maintenance" Release, with a few new features for spice. As such, our Beta test program should focus on regression testing of your favorite stress tests and daily use cases.
Please check and clear your Flysray tasks. Probably some will be so old that they will have been forgotten by the originator, but please try. I will manually clear the leftovers in a couple of weeks if we hear no further problems.
I have opened a new Flyspray tracker Project
for OCPN 4.1.x Beta series. Please use this tracker for new issues found on the OCPN mainline beta release for PC. The Android Beta series has its own tracker....
OpenCPN::Tracker OpenCPN 4.1.x Beta: Tasklist
Thanks, and good luck testing.