Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 12-10-2016, 02:21   #16

Re: OpenCPN 4.2 with the Navico Radar pluggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Peter
Matt can of course have a point but....
I've the same scanner type and connected in the same way so this is based on my own experiences;
There are quit significant differences between BR24Radar_pi version 1.32 and 2.1. Not less in the methods they establish the radar IP connection. So, while switching between the two versions you would try to have the radar scanner switched off. And before power the radar on after version 2.1 installation, you're using the setup program aren't you, stop and restart OCPN one or two times while BR24radar_pi is activated.
Good luck and we hope your radar scanner is not broken.
Håkan

I was closing OPCN each time and using the setup but not restarting the radar or rebooting the PC.

I am pretty remote at the moment and it seems to be working with v1.32 now. I will thoroughly test it taking into account your comments and report when I am back in civilisation.

I have reported the symptoms to the supplier in case of a manufacturing fault, but I am not somewhere this can be tested currently.

Thanks Peter

Tags
enc, navico, opencpn, plug, radar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules