Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2016, 12:15   #1

Boat: Kadey-Krogen 39
Open Captain Bug--or other?

This is about my fourth installation of Open Captain Stable Release 4.4.0 on my 2009 Windows 7 Home Premium/Service Pack 1 machine. I did it by the book--I even disconnected the internet cable as advised by OC.

Still always the same problem. I want to go across Florida via the Okeechobee Waterway. Cannot get OC to show the Waterway with an ENC (vector) chart. It just won't show up on the land portion of Florida. Part of it shows in the Ft. Meyers Inlet area, but only the basic 'brown land' shows in the Florida peninsula part. No waterway. The green chart outline for the waterway shows on the brown basic land, but no waterway when I zoom in closer. I also installed (both were done via the 'Chart Downloader') the Gulf of Mexico ENC chart and it works fine, as does other charts I've installed. I even tried the NOAA Raster Chart of the same name (again via Chart Downloader) and sections of the Waterway would show up, but not the whole Waterway. again. I have also hooked up my GPS puck to OC and not, no difference. The boat icon shows up when I hook up the GPS puck (GlobalSat BU-353S4), so that's working too.

Would some of you fellow OC users please install the Florida State "Okeechobee Waterway St.Lucie Inlet to Fort Myers; Lake Okeechobee" ENC chart using the OC Chart Downloader on your copy (OC 4.4.0) of OC and tell me if the Waterway shows up?

Is this a bug in OC, a ghost in the machine, or is it my misunderstanding somehow of OC? At least knowing that would be helpful, thanks. I have copies of my OC Config and Log files, but not sure how to post them here if requested.

In frustration--we're going to FL soon,
Wil
Caribdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 12:28   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: Open Captain Bug--or other?

This is the forum for the OpenCPN software.
I'm afraid nobody knows what Open Captain is which you have mentioned in your message.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 12:49   #3

Thanks Gerhard, my newness at this is showing. I am using OpenCPN Stable Release 4.4.0. I thought both names referred to the same software. I will use the noun OpenCPN in the future.
Old 25-10-2016, 12:53   #4

I will re-post this question as "OpenCPN Bug--or other?".

Tags
captain