After various pitfalls, I finally managed to get the odroid c2 up and running with opencpn
I'm getting 30fps wtih cm93 charts
and 50fps with rasters. I am running 1280x720. This is pretty good considering accelerating panning isn't working yet.
At this moment there is no image that gives the best good gles acceleration, so apt upgrade is needed. There are lots of glitches with apt and dependencies. arm64 is relatively new.
There are lots of minor problems despite this, it works well with and without opengl. Overall the odroid c2 seems a bit new and well... problems so far
- invalid asserts in opencpn triggered
- illegal instructions in libcrypto (you can safely continue when the debugger stops here)
- keyboard and input handling so you cannot toggle quilting or soundings or.. because it toggles right back again
- rolloverwindow working now in gles, but it doesn't have the background rectangle... hmm
- sometimes if you unplug a usb device you can never plug it in again and make it work without resetting the board
I'm sure there are plenty more, but overall this is an interesting board.
It is drawing .5 amps idle and 1 amp with all 4 cores maxed out. This is at 5 volts.