Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 15-02-2016, 03:16   #1216

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

PC W8.1. OD 0.4.658 , 2016-02-15 from thingie.

I try to add a temporarly layer. So I import a gpx file using the button "Temporaly layer" (Couche temporaire).

In this gpx file, there is 3 EBL, one fix diretion, and two fix angle with boat.

Nothing appear nor near the boat, nor on chart area, nor in other place of charts.

And you can see that 0 object of the 3 objects are listed in this temporarly layer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-15-OpenCPN 4.2.0_Temporarly_layer.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	118996  

Old 15-02-2016, 03:36   #1217

Hello JOngough,

I also note that in the "OD Points" tab, you can create a new point but that the new item can only be a "Boundary Point" while it is possible to have "Texts points" in this tab.

B.R. Gilletarom.

Old 15-02-2016, 06:17   #1218

hello Jongough,

Unless I am mistaken, permanent layers OpenCPN must be placed in a folder named "Layers" in the OpenCPN initialization file.

I tried to create a folder named "Layers" in the folder "plugins/OD" of OpenCPN initialization file.
No layer appears in the layer of OD manager.
I moved the folder to the folder "plugins/ OD" of the installation folder OpenCPN.
Same problem.

I try also same this two tests with "Layers" folder place in folder "data"

same problem.

Where should he place the permanent layers?

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 07:31   #1219

Boat: Westerly Pentland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Gerhard,
I use GCC and MS VS 2013, I do get warning messages, but I have been living with them, I have now removed the text that causes the issues on #else and #endif.

The only double code is maintained in the 'ocpnsrc' directory and I am trying to reduce the need for that by creating my on versions. The 'ocpninclude' directory is needed to provide the header files, but many of these are needed because OCPN header files include others. I would like to remove these, but I cannot without making OD susceptible to changes in OCPN.

Windows is far stricter and more difficult to make work than linux. It even has its own 'special' way of doing things in wxWidgets, hence the issues with internationalisation.

If you need to know what files are copied from OCPN look in the file named 'copy-ocpn-files' in the root directory of OD. I use this to copy all the files I need from OCPN when it changes and I need the changes to make OD work, i.e when the PlugIn API changes.

I have tried building a Mac OSX virtual machine and did have one working, but it was an old version, 10.4 I think. But without Mac hardware it is rather difficult as you need 'hacked' versions of the kernel and it never seems to work quite right.

If you find issues with the build or the run time let me know and I will try to update the code for you.

Patch 658 removes the extra text on the #else and #endif statements.

Jon
Jon,

try to use LLVM instead. It is for free for several operating systems and saves you a lot of time. Also wxFormBuilder is buggy and generates wrong code. Since wxWidgets v.3 the developers have included asserts for wrong sizer parameters generated by wxFormBuilder. But these wrong parameters have been already mentioned in wxWidgets 2.8 and before, see the wxWidgets eBook.
I have fixed the worse issues such as memory leaks for draw_pi but not all. There are still 23 issues left. The plugin is running now with Mac OS X El Capitan. I have uploaded it to Github now.
https://github.com/CarCode/Cocoa-OCP...lugins/draw_pi
Make a grep with WXOSX to see the changes.

Please keep in mind I don't compile standalone plugins to avoid double code. So I don't need to copy any OCPN core files to anywhere. I use Xcode as IDE.

Similar to other operating systems it is not good to store supplementary data into the program folder which is called "Bundle" for Mac OS X. These data should be stored into ~/Library/Preferences similar to C:\ProgramData in Windows. In my environment this data is all stored in ~/Library/Preferences/opencpn/.

Where seen I have changed the name from ocpn_draw_pi to draw_pi. It is for OCPN only what else?

So some changes I made are needed to avoid crashes but others not. Because of the differences between my OCPN version and the official one I cannot provide a compiled version for you.

Gerhard
Old 15-02-2016, 12:23   #1220

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
This is fixed in patch 659.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

PC W8.1. OD 0.4.658 , 2016-02-15 from thingie.

I try to add a temporarly layer. So I import a gpx file using the button "Temporaly layer" (Couche temporaire).

In this gpx file, there is 3 EBL, one fix diretion, and two fix angle with boat.

Nothing appear nor near the boat, nor on chart area, nor in other place of charts.

And you can see that 0 object of the 3 objects are listed in this temporarly layer.
Old 15-02-2016, 12:28   #1221

Gilletarom,
At the moment it will only create Boundary Points. I can add the ability to create Text Points, but I would like to do that in the next release. I want to try and avoid adding new functionality, I just want to fix bugs so that the plugin can be moved to production for general users.

Can you please raise a flyspray for this so it registered?

Thanks
Regards
Jon

Quote:
Hello JOngough,

I also note that in the "OD Points" tab, you can create a new point but that the new item can only be a "Boundary Point" while it is possible to have "Texts points" in this tab.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 12:30   #1222

Gilletarom,
This is new functionality to the OD PlugIn, can you please raise a flyspray for it?

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
hello Jongough,

Unless I am mistaken, permanent layers OpenCPN must be placed in a folder named "Layers" in the OpenCPN initialization file.

I tried to create a folder named "Layers" in the folder "plugins/OD" of OpenCPN initialization file.
No layer appears in the layer of OD manager.
I moved the folder to the folder "plugins/ OD" of the installation folder OpenCPN.
Same problem.

I try also same this two tests with "Layers" folder place in folder "data"

same problem.

Where should he place the permanent layers?

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 13:59   #1223

Hello Jongough,

Thank you for your prompt response. I thought, wrongly, that everything should function as the manager routes, tracks, waypoints and layers OpenCPN. I understood that by reading the manual OpenCPN 4.2. Pfuuuu .... Gilletarom is crazy!

I will put up requests in the flyspray.

About the icons that could be associated with OD, I searched in vain the pages where they were visible in the opencpn.org website. It's strange, I had seen still there a few days. I'll ask RGleason what page they are.

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 15:04   #1224

Hello Jon Gough,

Sorry to bother you.

In the "Layers" tab OD Manager, there is a "List contents" button.
But in French, translation is "---> Routes, Tracks, waypoint". This is a translation of "free" but more explicit in French a literal translation.

But in OD we have any route, track or waypoint.

So there is an item displayed problem. It would probably create a suitable item for this button and put in the pot file.

This item might be "List contents " with a space at end. And so, I can tanslate this item more appropriately.

And, there is also an other item for this button which is "Unlist contents. The french translation in O is "Annul. Routes/Traces/WP"
And, obviously, this is not good for OD.
So can you create a item "Unlist contents " with a space at end and so here also I can translate more appropriately ...

Thank by advance. B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 16:13   #1225

Gilletarom,
Oh the joys of internationalisation with wxWidgets! Patch 660 adds a space to the end of the strings, so 'List contents' is now 'List contents ', and 'Unlist contents' is now 'Unlist contents '.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Hello Jon Gough,

Sorry to bother you.

In the "Layers" tab OD Manager, there is a "List contents" button.
But in French, translation is "---> Routes, Tracks, waypoint". This is a translation of "free" but more explicit in French a literal translation.

But in OD we have any route, track or waypoint.

So there is an item displayed problem. It would probably create a suitable item for this button and put in the pot file.

This item might be "List contents " with a space at end. And so, I can tanslate this item more appropriately.

And, there is also an other item for this button which is "Unlist contents. The french translation in O is "Annul. Routes/Traces/WP"
And, obviously, this is not good for OD.
So can you create a item "Unlist contents " with a space at end and so here also I can translate more appropriately ...

Thank by advance. B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 16:25   #1226

Gilletarom,
The only other icons I know of are here:
User Icons | Official OpenCPN Homepage

I have tried some of these and they work OK.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

Thank you for your prompt response. I thought, wrongly, that everything should function as the manager routes, tracks, waypoints and layers OpenCPN. I understood that by reading the manual OpenCPN 4.2. Pfuuuu .... Gilletarom is crazy!

I will put up requests in the flyspray.

About the icons that could be associated with OD, I searched in vain the pages where they were visible in the opencpn.org website. It's strange, I had seen still there a few days. I'll ask RGleason what page they are.

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 15-02-2016, 17:27   #1227

Gerhard,
I notice that you have removed 'version.h' from ODPropertiesDialogImpl.cpp, this means that the about box in the Options/Plug ins/ocpn_draw_pi panel will not show the correct OD version and date. This may make it difficult to report problems as you will have to refer to the source code CMakeLists.txt file that is in the main repository that you have cloned/modified to provide this information. As you do not use cmake, you should create the version.h file yourself and maintain it current with the version of OD that you are using.

In ODConfig.cpp it now uses rotating changes files, so your modification on lines 284-287 is not needed.

I do not change ODPropertiesDialogDef.cpp by hand, I use wxFormBuilder. If I make the changes you have the static text and the text boxes do not line up correctly. What is the issue you are trying to fix? If you can you are better off making changes in ODPropertiesDialogImpl.cpp in the constructor so that I can include it in the baseline code.

I have created patch 661 which contains, I think, all the relevant changes you have for OSX which will still work with cmake.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Jon,

try to use LLVM instead. It is for free for several operating systems and saves you a lot of time. Also wxFormBuilder is buggy and generates wrong code. Since wxWidgets v.3 the developers have included asserts for wrong sizer parameters generated by wxFormBuilder. But these wrong parameters have been already mentioned in wxWidgets 2.8 and before, see the wxWidgets eBook.
I have fixed the worse issues such as memory leaks for draw_pi but not all. There are still 23 issues left. The plugin is running now with Mac OS X El Capitan. I have uploaded it to Github now.
https://github.com/CarCode/Cocoa-OCP...lugins/draw_pi
Make a grep with WXOSX to see the changes.

Please keep in mind I don't compile standalone plugins to avoid double code. So I don't need to copy any OCPN core files to anywhere. I use Xcode as IDE.

Similar to other operating systems it is not good to store supplementary data into the program folder which is called "Bundle" for Mac OS X. These data should be stored into ~/Library/Preferences similar to C:\ProgramData in Windows. In my environment this data is all stored in ~/Library/Preferences/opencpn/.

Where seen I have changed the name from ocpn_draw_pi to draw_pi. It is for OCPN only what else?

So some changes I made are needed to avoid crashes but others not. Because of the differences between my OCPN version and the official one I cannot provide a compiled version for you.

Gerhard
Old 15-02-2016, 23:29   #1228

Hello Jon Gough,

Thank you for change both items. And sorry again to have you bored with this problem.

Icons of S / V Revelations are those of MouseMonney! So if Dave can say that they are free of rights, so for sure free is there that they can use.

B.R. Gilletarom.

Quote:
Gilletarom,
The only other icons I know of are here: User Icons | Official OpenCPN Homepage
I have tried some of these and they work OK.
Jon
Old 16-02-2016, 00:52   #1229

Hello all Translators,

I said thank you to jongough, but I also have to apologize to you because of this, you will also be required to update your translations in crowdin when these changes appear there.

Quote:
Gilletarom,
Oh the joys of internationalisation with wxWidgets! Patch 660 adds a space to the end of the strings, so 'List contents' is now 'List contents ', and 'Unlist contents' is now 'Unlist contents '.

Regards
Jon
Old 16-02-2016, 01:48   #1230

Boat: Westerly Pentland

Quote:
Gerhard,
I notice that you have removed 'version.h' from ODPropertiesDialogImpl.cpp, this means that the about box in the Options/Plug ins/ocpn_draw_pi panel will not show the correct OD version and date. This may make it difficult to report problems as you will have to refer to the source code CMakeLists.txt file that is in the main repository that you have cloned/modified to provide this information. As you do not use cmake, you should create the version.h file yourself and maintain it current with the version of OD that you are using.

In ODConfig.cpp it now uses rotating changes files, so your modification on lines 284-287 is not needed.

I do not change ODPropertiesDialogDef.cpp by hand, I use wxFormBuilder. If I make the changes you have the static text and the text boxes do not line up correctly. What is the issue you are trying to fix? If you can you are better off making changes in ODPropertiesDialogImpl.cpp in the constructor so that I can include it in the baseline code.

I have created patch 661 which contains, I think, all the relevant changes you have for OSX which will still work with cmake.

Regards
Jon
Jon,
obviously you have understand nothing what I wrote. I don't use cmake nor gcc nor the CMakeLists.txt file. I'm using Xcode, that is the IDE for the Apple operating systems. And of course the About window shows version numbers, see attachment.

You may also not believe that wxFormBuilder generates wrong code. But consult the wxWidgets docs to see that it is sadly true.
As thumb rules for sizer flags:
- don't use horizontal alignment flags together with wxWXPAND
- don't use vertical alignment flags together with wxWXPAND
- don't use horizontal alignment flags for horizontal sizers
- don't use vertical alignment flags for vertical sizers

All versions of wxFormBuilder doesn't handle it correct.

Gerhard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	draw-about.png
Views:	66
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	119109  

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: