Note that to perform the tests tonight, I made sure to completely uninstall the previous installation
of O42 and all plugins before installing version opencpn_4.2.0_7da6c5c-correct-fault-dcmode which is in the Thingie.
I used the Major Version 0, Minor 4, 651 patch, ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.651-ov4.2-win32 which is also in Thingie.
I have not tried to use mode "Course Up" since my other tests showed that there was a bug in OpenCPN
. So I tried everything in "North up".
I created an EBL fixed direction hanging on the boat
. The launch my VDR file. The boat
is moving and the line moves always staying in the same direction. So everything is Ok.
I delete the first line EBL
a GPX file with EBL 3 lines:
- A fixed direction line (gray)
- A line fixed angle starboard (green), 0.20 Nm length and angle: 50 °,
- A line to fixed side larboard angle (red), length 0.20 Nm and -50 ° angle.
I have verified that the lines of the gpx file had really these properties.
Note that the three lines do not hang on to the boat.
It clings to the boat, it is necessary that the boat moves. Just for example, manually move the boat and 3 lines are to be attached to the boat.
With my three line test #2, having hang the 3 lines to the boat, I start reading the VDR file.
The boat ahead and the gray line below the boat normally, but immediately:
- The line EBL red portside disappears
- The green line EBL is to port and becomes very long.
See two screenshots showing the properties of both EBL which have been modified at length after stopping the VDR plugin.
Note that now, there is no problem with the OpenCPN Icons bar. This is good.
test n° 4:
I try also with an other VDR file. In this case, the problem is not the same. The EBL lines with fix angle are Ok, but the angle from thr boat and the red EBL line is not the same that the angle from the boat and the green line. But normaly, the two angle are 50°.
What difference betwen the two VDR files ?
- The one : When it run, the speed of the boat is not 0.
- The second file : When the it run, the speed of the boat is 0 and it stay 0 for a long moment before that the boat move.