Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2016, 04:57   #1021

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

With a line EBL:
1. I created a EBL line. I place the mouse on the line. For one rollover image

It is noted that the word "Boat" is listed. Yet this word is translated in the language file.
(Note also that "End" is not in french but it is translate in file language)

2. I moved the start of the line and then I hang up the line to the boat. For rollover, we see that now it's the word "Bateau" that appears (this is good)

3. Of the rollover, it reads "Depuis : 021 ° à : 221 °". This is the translation of "From: 021° to 221°". The French translation is strange and must not I touch translation "From" as that of "To" because these two items appear in many language files (Core and plugins).

I'd rather "Vers 221°", that is the translation of "Towards 221°", leaving it to the user subtract 180° ( or to add 180°) himself if he wants the opposite direction.

It would be nice if NAV could give us his opinion on this point.

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-30-EBL_From-To.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	117959   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-30-EBL_From-X_To-End._2jpg.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	117960  

Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 05:44   #1022
NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
3. Of the rollover, it reads "Depuis : 021 ° à : 221 °". This is the translation of "From: 021° to 221°". The French translation is strange and must not I touch translation "From" as that of "To" because these two items appear in many language files (Core and plugins).

I'd rather "Vers 221°", that is the translation of "Towards 221°", leaving it to the user subtract 180° ( or to add 180°) himself if he wants the opposite direction.

"From:" and "To:" in Dutch is literal "Van:" en "Naar:". I didn't use these translations, but instead "Richting:" (direction) and "Omgekeerd:" (reverse). So far, these displayed correctly in Dutch (I didn't notice any 'noise' from translations in other plugins or in the core).
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 05:47   #1023
NAV

Quote:
It is noted that the word "Boat" is listed. Yet this word is translated in the language file.
Same thing happens on my side for the string "Centre on boat lat/lon".
Old 30-01-2016, 05:53   #1024
NAV

Quote:
"End" is a name you can change in "Properties of EBL Point". Same applies to "Start" for the start point of an EBL, when this is not the ship.

For "Boat" this is also possible, but in this case via "Properties EBL", and then clicking on the first point in the list.
Old 30-01-2016, 06:19   #1025

Boat: Van der Stadt Samoa 48

I have just tried to make a route from Granada to Bonaire in the Caribien. I Have made an exclusion zone of the coast of Venezuela in order to avoid pirates.
Wetherrouting do not take this exclusion zone into account when planning the route.

I have the latest updates from http://www.tgp-architects.com/Ocpn/ft2.php. 4.1.1317 PI Win.

Regards
Taarnskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 06:36   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
"End" is a name you can change in "Properties of EBL Point". Same applies to "Start" for the start point of an EBL, when this is not the ship.
For "Boat" this is also possible, but in this case via "Properties EBL", and then clicking on the first point in the list.
Yes, I can change manually. But it is strange that this word is not in french, since it is tranlated. Perhaps, this is the same kind of problem as for "Yes" and "No" . Why not?
Old 30-01-2016, 06:39   #1027

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Taarnskov:
Quote:
Wetherrouting do not take this exclusion zone into account when planning the route.
Nice idea. WD is the first to use Jon's ODraw boundary. - Baby steps.
Please write "Feature Request" for "pi - Weather_Routing" in the Tracker.
Take care where you sail and good luck!
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 06:55   #1028

Hello Jongough,

I installed your latest version of O and the latest version of OD (631) on my tablet. This works quite correctly.

BUT
When I want to access the contextual menu for a "Text point" or "Boundary point" or "EBL point" or "DR point," with my finger, the result, nine times out of ten (approximately), "is not "the right context menu. Mostly, it is the "general context menu" that appears and not what I expect. Sometimes, this is not the shortcut menu that appears, but the version "rollover". It takes a lot of patience.

I compared with access to the context menu of a waypoint of a route. I can much more easily appear to see the context menu of a waypoint (about 8 times out of ten, I have what I want).

This requires an adjustment on the associated surface about an OD point for touchscreens (??)

I note that for waypoint, I first slug it with my finger, which has the effect of select it. After that, I put my finger on the waypoint to right-click and the context menu opens smoothly. But it is not necessary to "slug it" first.

(Note that i choice the value 5 for the two sliders in "Options/User interface" in my tablet. I suppose that the situation would be different if the tablet was a low resolution of 1048 X 768. But she kind high definition 2500 X 1920, with 10 point touch)
Old 30-01-2016, 06:57   #1029

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
There's no longer a ".gitignore" file present in your source. I think it was there before? Any special reason for that?
Thanks/Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 08:44   #1030

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon, build errors.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\package.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (4) ->(Link target) ->
ODPoint.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "float __cdecl GetOCPNChartScaleFactor_Plugin(void)" (?GetOCPNChartScaleFactor_Plugin@@YAMXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall ODPoint:raw(class ODDC &,class wxPoint *)" (?Draw@ODPoint@@UAEXAAVODDC@@PAVwxPoint@@@Z)
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\Release\ocpn_draw_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
2 Error(s)
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 14:29   #1031

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
I think I have fixed these with patch 636.

Regards
Jon
Quote:
Hello Jongough,

1° Here a "Boundary point". In french "Borne". The name of this point is "Blabla".

In English, we have "Boundary point: Name: Blabla" and in French, of course, "Borne: Nom :Blabla"

Too long. I thing that Just "Borne : Blabla" is enough when rollover.

2° Same idea with a text point when rollover.

3° Here a text point. You can se that the first word of this text point is hard to read because the name of the text point is at the same place.

jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 14:32   #1032

Rick,
The missing function is a new API, so you either do not have a version of OCPN with it in (try 1329) or you have not copied the lib file from your build of OCPN to OD before trying to build it.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon, build errors.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\package.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (4) ->(Link target) ->
ODPoint.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "float __cdecl GetOCPNChartScaleFactor_Plugin(void)" (?GetOCPNChartScaleFactor_Plugin@@YAMXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall ODPoint:raw(class ODDC &,class wxPoint *)" (?Draw@ODPoint@@UAEXAAVODDC@@PAVwxPoint@@@Z)
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\Release\ocpn_draw_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
2 Error(s)
Old 30-01-2016, 15:06   #1033

Gilletarom,
I think I have the fixed the rollover name issue with patch 637.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

With a line EBL:
1. I created a EBL line. I place the mouse on the line. For one rollover image

2. I moved the start of the line and then I hang up the line to the boat. For rollover, we see that now it's the word "Bateau" that appears (this is good)

Old 30-01-2016, 15:22   #1034

Håkan,
I don't think I ever had one. I just add/remove files to/from the git repository as needed. I do this by hand to make sure I have, hopefully, only what is needed.

Is there a need for one of these to make the repository work for you?

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Jon
There's no longer a ".gitignore" file present in your source. I think it was there before? Any special reason for that?
Thanks/Håkan
Old 30-01-2016, 16:13   #1035

Gilletrarom,
OCPN knows if it is a touch interface or not, but currently plugins do not. I have created a pull request to provide this information to plugins. Then I can adjust to sensitivity used to determine if you have selected an item, just the same as OCPN does. If this pull gets into the mainline I will add the requisite code to OD.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I installed your latest version of O and the latest version of OD (631) on my tablet. This works quite correctly.

BUT
When I want to access the contextual menu for a "Text point" or "Boundary point" or "EBL point" or "DR point," with my finger, the result, nine times out of ten (approximately), "is not "the right context menu. Mostly, it is the "general context menu" that appears and not what I expect. Sometimes, this is not the shortcut menu that appears, but the version "rollover". It takes a lot of patience.

I compared with access to the context menu of a waypoint of a route. I can much more easily appear to see the context menu of a waypoint (about 8 times out of ten, I have what I want).

This requires an adjustment on the associated surface about an OD point for touchscreens (??)

I note that for waypoint, I first slug it with my finger, which has the effect of select it. After that, I put my finger on the waypoint to right-click and the context menu opens smoothly. But it is not necessary to "slug it" first.

(Note that i choice the value 5 for the two sliders in "Options/User interface" in my tablet. I suppose that the situation would be different if the tablet was a low resolution of 1048 X 768. But she kind high definition 2500 X 1920, with 10 point touch)