Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2016, 15:33   #991

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Gilletarom,
In OCPN Options the 'Display' panel has a 'General' tab. The translation of this 'General' should be the same as the OD 'General' tab. How is the OCPN tab translated?

Jon
I'll try to explain:

A long time ago, more than two years ago, the "General" tab of O options was not named "General". And then, the translation in french was "Options propres à l'utilisateur."

Two years ago, when Pavel started using the Crowdin, he himself entered the old French translation in Crowdin. And I had not changed anything. I do not know when the word "General" has replaced the old English item. But it is a fact, now, this tab is called "General" in English.

Today I made a change to the French translation in the language file O, I simplified a bit. I put "Options de l'utilisateur".

But I consider to be "General" because it poses obviously too many problems with translations plugins (not only with OCPN Draw).

Obviously, this will change the habits of all French users. Moreover, Yoruk will update its tutorial in Plaisance-practique. And I will also update the "shoreline.fr" tutorial. Pfuuu, this will take work ... Pfuuuuu ...

B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 15:43   #992

hello Jongough,
Quote:
Gilletarom,
So are you asking for a 'Link' are the same as a waypoint?
Jon
In fact, I personally do not ask. But it is possible to put in OpenCON marks. And I'm pretty sure that other users upon request. So I anticipated.

That said, given the current state of things, do not waste time doing this. You must first solve small bugs we discover, so that your plugin is ready together with the release of 4.2.

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 24-01-2016, 22:54   #993

Boat: Richter 42

Hi,
I have uploaded SVG versions of OCPN 1317, OD 630 for both windows and linux. You will find there here:
OCPN:
Linux deb:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0p9jdpu8x...4-svg.deb?dl=0
Windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3838qrysf...e-svg.exe?dl=0

OD:
Linux deb:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iozutqlb55...4-svg.deb?dl=0
Linux rpm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/457jes6se6...4-svg.rpm?dl=0
Windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nhjyo6d9e...win32.exe?dl=0

Regards
Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 01:26   #994

hello Jongough,
Quote:
Hi,
I have uploaded SVG versions of OCPN 1317, OD 630 for both windows and linux. You will find there here:
OCPN:
... Windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3838qrysf...e-svg.exe?dl=0
OD:
... Windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nhjyo6d9e...win32.exe?dl=0
Jon
Hello, Ok for the OCPN 1317 version. It run correctly.

BUT,

The windows version of OCPC Draw-pi-0.4.630 do not run correctly. Impossible to install it.

Furthermore, I will try to update the language file in the French Crowdin.
Old 25-01-2016, 01:51   #995

Hello Jongough,

I updated the Crowdin. This goes very quickly. Simply use the command "Upload", in Crowdin, and send the language file up to date we have in our PC.

After that, I download the result and I am content to use the older version of the "OCPN Draw". I did not observe any rough abnormalities.

I am now waiting an update on the installation of the latest version of OCPN Draw file (patch 630). And I will again test.
Old 25-01-2016, 10:06   #996
NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
The windows version of OCPC Draw-pi-0.4.630 do not run correctly. Impossible to install it.

Furthermore, I will try to update the language file in the French Crowdin.
I could install the OCPN Draw 630 Windows version without problems (but I am still using the previous OpenCPN version).

I also updated the Dutch language file of Draw in CrowdIn without problems.
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 11:49   #997

Gilletarom,
I have just installed the 630 patch OK and I downloaded the one from Dropbox and installed that. Can you give me any details or messages about the installation that failed for you?

When I login to Crowdin I do not see the option to upload anything. I can download the files but that is all. I have sent a message to Pavel to request the POT file be updated, but he is suffering poor internet access at the moment and it may be difficult for him to update this file, certainly at the frequency it is currently changing.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I updated the Crowdin. This goes very quickly. Simply use the command "Upload", in Crowdin, and send the language file up to date we have in our PC.

After that, I download the result and I am content to use the older version of the "OCPN Draw". I did not observe any rough abnormalities.

I am now waiting an update on the installation of the latest version of OCPN Draw file (patch 630). And I will again test.
Old 25-01-2016, 12:17   #998

Hello Jongough,

For a translator who wants to download, at home, all language files, ie that of OpenCPN and those of all the splugins, in all languages, look at the image 1

For a translator who wants to download at home the last translation of language OCPNDRAW file, or upload from home a ".po" language file in its own language, look at the image 2 and the image 3.

But in your case, you do not act as a translator. You are the person who makes the pot file. Being a translator, I do not know what to do at home to upload the file to the pot Crowdin.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-25-Download_all_files.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	117623   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-25-Download_Upload_OCPN_Draw.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	117624  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-25-Download_Upload_OCPN_Draw_2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	117625  
Old 25-01-2016, 12:51   #999

hello Jongough,

This morning, impossible to install your plugin. I try twice. In each cas, I have a window that I never see which explain that is was impossible to install the sofware. And this evening, I try one another, and no problem ... So I do not explain this.

After this, I try your plugin. I create many boundary, text points, EBL line. I change icon, I change icon of text point in the general properties, I work around EBL, with two EBL, I change init point of an EBL, etc ... . All was was not completely Ok. the first text point that I create and I change icon, the text that I have entered in this text point was not disply by rollover. So I destroy this text point. And I continue the test.

BUT :

at a moment, crash . But before this crash, some context menu that I opened for change something in text point were not full.
Old 25-01-2016, 13:20   #1000

hello Jongough,

I try another. But before, i destroy opencpn.ini, each navobject file in O and also the navobject files in OCPN Draw. I destroy also senc file in O and all that I can destroy. Then I run O.

I create a text point without problem and the rollover run correctly.

I create an EBL line and I open the window properties of this EBL and I check the checkbox "Show Path Direction Arrow".

I see that no arrow appear on the EBL. Is it normal ?
It seems to me that in the window properties, the item "Show EBL Direction Arrow" should be present instead of "Show Path Direction Arrow" ???
Old 25-01-2016, 13:55   #1001

hello Jongough,

Pfuuuu . I try another to create an EBL Line. And I check the arrow checkbox. And this time, the arrow appear ...

I watch these functions:

For the tests below, I made manual movements of the boat and I also moved the boat using a VDR file. In these cases:

Just after the creation of the line:
- If I move the boat, the line moves, parrallèlement to herself and remains attached to the boat.
- If I check the box which sets the end of the line, the line moves remaining attached to the boat and turning around the end point.

If I created a new starting point of the line (the boat is not attached to the line):
- With the fixed end point or the end point free to move, the line does not move if I move the boat.

If I click on the command "Place the init line on the coordinates of the boat. The starting point just under the boat but when the boat is moving, the line does not move.

If I click on the command "Center on the boat", the line has become attached to the boat and moves with the boat. If set endpoint, the line revolves around him. If free end point, the line moves parallel to itself.

All this is it what you expected?

best regards. Gilletarom.
Old 25-01-2016, 14:09   #1002

Jongough,

I create a DR. With 2 miles length with points spaced by 0.5 mile. Then I open the window properties of this DR and I try to change the length. This is teorically possible. But when I replace 2 by 1.000, this do not change the length of the DR.

if I re-open the window properties, the legth is 2 miles. So the change is no stored.

Is it normal for you ?
Old 25-01-2016, 14:26   #1003

Jongough,

I just update the french file language on Crowdin. Here the same join.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn-ocpn-draw_2016-01-25_Crowdin_B.zip.doc (16.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 25-01-2016, 14:26   #1004

Gilletarom,
I will have to make the total length field in the DR properties panel read only, i.e. no update. If you want to change the DR you need to select 'Update initial conditions' from the right click menu. This will display the dialog asking for the parameters of the DR. If you change the length here it should be correct when you click OK.

Jon
Quote:
Jongough,

I create a DR. With 2 miles length with points spaced by 0.5 mile. Then I open the window properties of this DR and I try to change the length. This is teorically possible. But when I replace 2 by 1.000, this do not change the length of the DR.

if I re-open the window properties, the legth is 2 miles. So the change is no stored.

Is it normal for you ?
Old 25-01-2016, 14:37   #1005

Gilletarom,
Yes, this is the way it works. Once you have detached the EBL it is really just a bearing line that is fixed. It only becomes an EBL when you re-attach it to the boat.

The main thing at the moment is to get the basics (?) working OK, then changing or providing extra facilities should not be too difficult. We just need to start recording change requests in flyspray so that I don't loose track. This thread is getting fairly long now and finding stuff in it does take time.

Jon

Quote:
hello Jongough,

Pfuuuu . I try another to create an EBL Line. And I check the arrow checkbox. And this time, the arrow appear ...

I watch these functions:

For the tests below, I made manual movements of the boat and I also moved the boat using a VDR file. In these cases:

Just after the creation of the line:
- If I move the boat, the line moves, parrallèlement to herself and remains attached to the boat.
- If I check the box which sets the end of the line, the line moves remaining attached to the boat and turning around the end point.

If I created a new starting point of the line (the boat is not attached to the line):
- With the fixed end point or the end point free to move, the line does not move if I move the boat.

If I click on the command "Place the init line on the coordinates of the boat. The starting point just under the boat but when the boat is moving, the line does not move.

If I click on the command "Center on the boat", the line has become attached to the boat and moves with the boat. If set endpoint, the line revolves around him. If free end point, the line moves parallel to itself.

All this is it what you expected?

best regards. Gilletarom.