Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2016, 16:28   #736

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jongough,

it seem to me that EBL = Estimated bearing line. If I undestand that I read on opencpn.org, you said that EBL is "Electronic bearing line".

Is it ? B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 16:48   #737

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
EBL = Electronic Bearing Line
VRM = Variable Range Marker

These are in one tool as it seemed to make sense. The bearing line always starts at the boat when drawn but can be moved away if needed by 'editing' it, i.e. right click 'Move start point', etc.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 23:11   #738

Hi,
I have just put up patch 610 which includes scalable icons in the toolbar. On git you will also find two windows install files, one for OCPN 1301 and one for the 610 OD.
https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...leases/tag/610
The OCPN includes the latest API changes and a couple that make the toolbars and chart objects scalable on all (I hope) devices using the 'Options/User Interface' scale sliders. The pulls are up on OCPN for this just waiting to be incorporated. I have included this here so that it can be trialled by windows users.

For me the installs work. I do know that some have had missing files and we are trying to track down these. Give these a go and let me know what happens.

Regards
Jon
Old 13-01-2016, 00:45   #739

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
My builds still not worked so I did some tests.
I've downloaded your binaries.

- Neither your binary nor my build of OD_610 is working in my OCPN fetched and built today.
- Both your binary and my build of OD_610 is working in your OCPN. Although with strange OD-icons, see pict. (I use Journeyman toolbar)

Somethings differs here!
I deleted my OpenCPN\build\ directory and rebuilt it.
Now both yours and mine OD_610 is working in my OCPN!

So - a lesson: Rebuild your ...\OpenCPN\build\ after major source changes. Still a question - why? But I don't have the patience to investigate now.

Using either of yours or mine binaries the Journeyman icons are strange. See picture 1.

Thanks
Håkan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OD_icons.PNG
Views:	155
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	116633   Click image for larger version

Name:	OD_icon_Trad.PNG
Views:	121
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	116635  

Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 01:55   #740

Håkan,
I find that each time I update my OCPN the only safe way to run it is to re-run the cmake .. from the build directory. Linux is a little more tolerant than windows so I get away with it sometimes. But my windows builds I have to run cmake .. then clean and build of the project. I was having issues with 'Release' builds running from VS2013, it kept complaining that it could not find bits, then it found two of them... So I was creating the package and installing that.

I am glad it has worked, at least with traditional icons for you now. I have not done any testing with other icon sets, Dave and myself have only just got SVG scaling working for plugins. It is still a bit of a work in progress so will need to accept that it may not always work in all occasions, but we are getting there. Another day or so.

Have you tried the traditional icon set and scaled them? Have you tried it on a high res system?

Jon
Old 13-01-2016, 02:13   #741
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon,

tool bar icons scale nicely on my hi-res screen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-01-13 11_16_38-OpenCPN 4.1.1301-OD610.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	116636  
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 02:36   #742

Hello Jongough,

What happens to you if you leave plugin preferences by clicking the red cross in the top right of the window? ---> Save changes? ---> No saving changes?
It would be better if the red cross was made inactive. This could prevent mistakes from distracted users.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 13-01-2016, 03:05   #743
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Preferences/property window (OD610.W8.1, Dell XPS13 hi-res)

- version is not updated in PI Preferences
- Property window will stay always on top, even when the focus is on another program
- Icon drop down menu: mismatch of font size and menu size
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-01-13 11_59_19-OD610-Properties.png
Views:	162
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	116637  
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 08:59   #744

Boat: 29'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aart K. View Post
What did I do wrong?

On my Linux machine (Mint Rosa since this morning) I installed OD and Watchdog while OpenCPN 4.1.1301 was closed. I opened OpenCPN 4.1.1301 and found Watchdog 1.4002 in my list at "Tools/Options/Plugins" but OD did not show up there.

What's next to do?

Aart
Aart, it may be paths. check your logfile (you will need root priveleges to find and get into /.opencpn folder) -certainly I am struggling with these! Things seem to install to wrong places and O can't find em...

from my logfile in case it helps...
08:51:30 PST: PlugInManager searching for PlugIns in location /usr/local/lib/opencpn
08:51:30 PST: PlugInManager: Loading PlugIn: /usr/local/lib/opencpn/libocpn_draw_pi.so
08:51:30 PST: ocpn_draw_pi data location: /usr/local/share/opencpn/plugins/ocpn_draw_pi/data/
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 10:36   #745

Jongough,

Boundary. With 2 points only. here copy screen;
First point (001) is up, right.
End point, second point (002) is below, left.
But, you can see that it is write "Leg : From 002 to 001.

Is it normal ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Boundary_Ligne_de_contrainte_1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	116651  
Old 13-01-2016, 11:39   #746

Gilletarom,
The 'Close Window' icon in the preferences is the same as pressing cancel, so no changes will be saved. As far as I know, and please correct me, this is standard behaviour for windows & Linux and I think Mac. The only time changes are saved is if 'OK' or 'Apply' is clicked.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

What happens to you if you leave plugin preferences by clicking the red cross in the top right of the window? ---> Save changes? ---> No saving changes?
It would be better if the red cross was made inactive. This could prevent mistakes from distracted users.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 13-01-2016, 12:07   #747

Aart,
If this is the first time you have tried the plugin you need to go to 'options/PlugIns' and select OD and enable it. If you have used it before it still may be worth checking that it is enabled. If it is enabled but does not show up then there is an issue.

At the moment OCPN and OD are changing quite a bit under the covers to provide things like SVG scalable icons. OCPN only has new version numbers at 'major' points, but the code is still changing. At the moment it is quite likely that the version of OCPN and OD you are using is incompatible, but you can confirm this by looking in the log file which you can find the location of by clicking on the 'Help' button (the one that looks like a book or a question mark) and on the first page, the 'About' page it will give you its location. If you go to the end of the log and then work back until you find where OD is loaded (look for 'libocpn_draw_pi.so') you will see any errors that occurred whilst trying to load it. If there appear to be items missing then you probably have a non-compatible version of OCPN for your version of OD.

I have put up a compatible Ubuntu set here:
https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...leases/tag/610

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aart K. View Post
What did I do wrong?

On my Linux machine (Mint Rosa since this morning) I installed OD and Watchdog while OpenCPN 4.1.1301 was closed. I opened OpenCPN 4.1.1301 and found Watchdog 1.4002 in my list at "Tools/Options/Plugins" but OD did not show up there.

What's next to do?

Aart
Old 13-01-2016, 13:23   #748

Can you check the about tab in the OD preferences, it should say patch 610, this always reflects the patch level you are running.

Patch 611 fixes the issue of properties panels staying on top of others.

Patch 612 is another attempt to get windows to play nicely with drop down lists.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Preferences/property window (OD610.W8.1, Dell XPS13 hi-res)

- version is not updated in PI Preferences
- Property window will stay always on top, even when the focus is on another program
- Icon drop down menu: mismatch of font size and menu size
Old 13-01-2016, 13:37   #749

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
re: "Have you tried the traditional icon set and scaled them? Have you tried it on a high res system?"
I've tried with the Traditional menu bar and changed the scale. From 0 to +5 icons growth, but no changes between -5 and 0 and they really need to be smaller than 0 size.
My screen resolution is; 1366 x 768 (Win10)

BTW, the right mouse click tools bar menu is gone in Traditional style. I mean the menu to choose OCPN icons in the bar. I'll mention it also in thread 4.1.1301.
(In Journeyman the right click menu is functional.)
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 13:52   #750

Gilletarom,
You have come across a 'feature'. Remember, a boundary is a closed path, so the drawn line starts at point 1, goes to point 2 then back to point 1. This make more sense when you have 3 points as it then forms a triangle and it all makes sense. I will have a look and see if I can get the search process to find the first line, i.e. 1 to 2, and return that.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Jongough,

Boundary. With 2 points only. here copy screen;
First point (001) is up, right.
End point, second point (002) is below, left.
But, you can see that it is write "Leg : From 002 to 001.

Is it normal ?