Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 15:04   #721

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Håkan,
To use SVG you will need the latest build assist package from sourceforge. You will also need to ensure that OCPN_USE_SVG is set as an option in cmake so that the code is included. Then you will be using SVG in OCPN. You then need to make sure you have set OD_USE_SVG in cmake for OD and then rebuild.

If you are using SVG you should notice that the icons are slightly different, particularly the boundary icon in the toolbars. It will have diamond points rather than round points and, currently, is filled with blue rather than a red cross hatch.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 18:15   #722

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon,
I think it needs a file.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\package.vcxproj" (default target) (1)
->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (
2) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target
) (4) ->
(Link target) ->
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'WXSVG.lib' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-
plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 19:45   #723

Rick,
The file is created by the OCPN compile with OCPN_USE_SVG set ON. You should see it say in the CMAKE part that "SVG support enabled..." . If you get this you will then find WXSVG.lib in "windows_build_directory/xxx/WXSVG.lib" where xxx is 'Debug' or 'Release' and copy it to your OD windows build directory. You will also need to copy "buildwin/gtk/cairo.lib" and "buildwin/expat-2.1.0/expat.lib" to OD windows build directory.

I have updated the Readme.md in the git to try and say this, but it may not be overly clear. This is the joy of dealing with a major new type within OCPN. I know why it is needed, just it is taking a bit of time to get it working.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon,
I think it needs a file.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\package.vcxproj" (default target) (1)
->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (
2) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj" (default target
) (4) ->
(Link target) ->
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'WXSVG.lib' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\o-
plugin\j-ocpn_draw_pi\build\ocpn_draw_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)
Old 10-01-2016, 21:33   #724

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
SVG_USE are default set in both OCPN and OD and there is now no problem to built in either case.

Thanks
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 21:37   #725

Hi,
I have just put up patch 605 which includes the code for scaling SVG icons. Currently there will be no scaling unless you modify the code as there needs to be a new API in the mainline (I have submitted the pull request for that) so that it can be determined what the GUI scaling factor is. I am still a little bit in the dark about how this works as it needs a flag, b_responsive, set to do the scaling, but I cannot find the code that sets it except in the Android version. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Anyway, if you want to see the scaling in action you will need to change line 163 in ODicons.cpp. Change this to 2.0 or 3.0 and you will see the OD Toolbar displaying the bigger icons.

I have tried it under linux and windows 7 and it seems to work.

Regards
Jon
Old 11-01-2016, 03:18   #726

Jon, You are a wizard! Unfortunately I did not think readme, got out of habit. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:58   #727

Gilletarom,
This is fixed in patch 607.

Regards
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello,

Not very important. Just to said.

1° OD preferences : I change from always display your little tool bar to never display this tool bar.
But, your little tool bar do not desappear immédiateley. It is necessary to click on the right icon of your plugin to not see your tool bar.

Then, I stop O and I re-run O

2° OD preferences : I change from never display to display always your tool bar. Same issue. The tool bar do not appear immediately.
Old 11-01-2016, 13:22   #728

Jon
Win10 VS2013
I built ver 606 without errors but it won't load in OCPN and again got the run time log note:
Code:
21:13:08: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\ocpn_draw_pi.dll' (error 126:
So I traced commits:
Code:
35928a415e62c25307b636f2d13abeb3123508a9 = ver 604 - Runs OK
0935c9795deb175c499a665dcf71882d81270067 = Update to handle SVG icons and allow sc....Error 126
8519872b5adf0a5866dc1f48b3ce26e9002f14ab = ver 605 - Error 126
Commit: "Update to handle SVG........." seems to be the cause.
And - yes all libs are there And the ver 606 Installer copied 19 SVGs to \plugins\ocpn_draw_pi\data

Håkan
Old 11-01-2016, 15:32   #729

Håkan,
I have just put up patch 608 which 'may' fix your issue under windows. I 'think' the issue may have been with not allowing scaling of png icons. However, this is only a guess as the message you provided is only the first part showing there was an error. If this patch does not fix the error can you include the full error message, there should be other information saying which module had the problem and possibly which variable/object was missing.

Regards
Jon
Old 11-01-2016, 23:55   #730

Jon
No, sorry ver 608 isn't better. Ver 604 still works fine but 608 won't load into OCPN.
The only error I receive is from OCPN log file:
21:13:08: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\ocpn_draw_pi.dll' (error 126: "The module could not be found")

To be able to trace more errors I suppose I've to debug the plugin but the only way I know to do that is to have it inside OCPN repository. Or is there a method to debug OCPN and trace a plugin built outside the repository?

Jon, if you don't find it I can of course rearrange my repositories and debug, not a big problem. Please advice.

Håkan
Old 12-01-2016, 03:48   #731

What did I do wrong?

On my Linux machine (Mint Rosa since this morning) I installed OD and Watchdog while OpenCPN 4.1.1301 was closed. I opened OpenCPN 4.1.1301 and found Watchdog 1.4002 in my list at "Tools/Options/Plugins" but OD did not show up there.

What's next to do?

Aart
Aart K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:24   #732

Hakan,
In standalone ODraw can't we do
cmake T v120_xp ..
cmake build . --config debug

Then copy the dll and data dir into your opencpn git in the proper places?
Then start MS VS and debug the plugin?

Of course I'm just talking I was going to compile this, but after seeing your note, I'm going back to documentation.
Old 12-01-2016, 13:05   #733

Rick
I'm not sure but for that I also need all OCPN debug libraries in OD and then run OCPN in debug to see what mishmash OCPN sees when trying to load OD. It seems more convenient to have OD within OCPN repro then. I may await Jon's advise.
Happy writing. It's a important job you're performing with that.

Håkan
Old 12-01-2016, 13:30   #734

Håkan,
I test by building both OCPN and OD in their own directories then copy the ocpn_draw_pi.dll to the OCPN build/plugin directory. You will also need to copy the png & svg files to 'plugins/ocpn_draw_pi/data'. All you have to do then is run the opencpn.exe file under the IDE and it should all work, including the debugging IF you have built both OCPN & OD in debug mode.

If you are not sure where things are being looked for try starting OPCN then look in the log file. OCPN will tell you where it is looking for plugins and if OD loads it will tell you where it is looking for its information.

I am currently trying to get a windows build of the latest patches to check what is going wrong with your installation.

Jon
Old 12-01-2016, 15:53   #735

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Jongough,

Here not a bug. Just not large enough Column. And more not enough large, if we use waypoint icon with name very long as the waypoint icon that exist in some private list of icon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-13-Options_Text_Point.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	116625  
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote