Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 00:24   #691

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hello Jongough,

I just checked the translations of the item in the language file of your plugin. I took the opportunity to correct some erroneous translations and a few spelling mistakes in french version.

I have a doubt about the various ways to call the points that appear in the items. Please forward to apologize to bother you about it.

I saw "WPT", "OD point," "OCPN point" and "waypoint". Is there inconsistency could be avoided by using a single name or in some cases, although it is a route waypoint or mark established by the user OpenCPN?

Best regards. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:00   #692

Hello Jongough,

Some items are not present in the file language. So they stay in english when I use OD :

After we right click on a boundery point, in the context menu :
- Boundery point
- Move boundary point
- Copy point GUID

After we right click on the leg between two boundery points, in the context menu :
- Boundary
- Move boundery
- Insert boundery point

When I try to delete an boundary, a window is opened that ask to me if I want to really delete the boundary :
- OpenCPN Boundary Delete
- Are you shure you want to delete this boundary ?
- Yes
- No

When I try to delete a boundary point (OD), a window is opened that ask to me if I want really delete the OD :
- OCPN Draw Delete Boundary Point
- Are you shure you want to delete this boundary Point?
- Yes
- No

In the toolbar :
- Draw toolbar
- Create boundary
- Create boundary point
- Create text point
- Create EBL
- Create DR

And many other, items by example in the window properties of a Text point.

Best regards. Gilletarom
Old 09-01-2016, 02:39   #693

Hello,

PC Lenovo U41, W 8.1. O 411301.

Strange mismatch visible in this window : Properties boundary point.

But, sometime only. Sometime, all is Ok, sometime no. See screen copy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-09-O_Draw_Mismath_display.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	116418  
Old 09-01-2016, 03:06   #694
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jongough,

I just checked the translations of the item in the language file of your plugin. I took the opportunity to correct some erroneous translations and a few spelling mistakes in french version.

I have a doubt about the various ways to call the points that appear in the items. Please forward to apologize to bother you about it.

I saw "WPT", "OD point," "OCPN point" and "waypoint". Is there inconsistency could be avoided by using a single name or in some cases, although it is a route waypoint or mark established by the user OpenCPN?

Best regards. Gilletarom.
trying to resume:

OpenCPN core navigation objects - tracks, waypoints (WPT), markers and as a special case the MOB marker - are stored in the navobj.xml file in the OCPN program data directory together with their back-up history navobj.xml.1, navobj.xml.2,...

These are OCPN points in difference to those created in the draw-plugin, the OD points.

OD points or OD objects like boundaries, text markers, EBLs or DR are stored in a different file named ODnavobj.xml which resides in a plug-in data subdirectory of the OCPN program data directory.
ODnavobj.xml does not have back-ups.

Both user created objects - OPCN points and OD points - are described in the same way as GPX entities.

The core nav objects are managed by the Route & Mark tool while the OD (OpencpnDraw) objects are using their own OCPN Draw manger

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:24   #695

Hello Jongough,

I had not imagined that the relative page to this plugin is already so well written. It allowed me this morning to understand many things. Thank you to whoever wrote.

It is in the English translation of the French activity that I became aware that the items as they are currently written in the language file, were not toujouurs also adapted as necessary. Now I think the language file in the crowdin wrong.

Jongough, please, make an update of the language file in the crowdin. I bet that some of my questions will disappear automatically.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:12   #696

Hello Jongough,

Lenovo U41, W8.1. No touch screen. With mouse.

I choice to display every time your little tool bar in OD preferences choice.

1° Then I click on the left icon of your tool bar.
The mouse pointer turn to pencil.
If I click on the chart area, the chart area is centered on this point. And it is impossible to create a boudary point.
For create a boundary point it is necessary to click on the right icon of OD on the icon bar OpenCPN.

Is this is normal ?

2° Idem if I click first in the second icon of your toolbar. same question ?

3° If I choice to click first on the third icon, it necessary to click twice on the left icon of your plugin in icon bar of OpenCPN. Then it is possible to create a text point. ????
Old 09-01-2016, 10:02   #697

Hello,

Not very important. Just to said.

1° OD preferences : I change from always display your little tool bar to never display this tool bar.
But, your little tool bar do not desappear immédiateley. It is necessary to click on the right icon of your plugin to not see your tool bar.

Then, I stop O and I re-run O

2° OD preferences : I change from never display to display always your tool bar. Same issue. The tool bar do not appear immediately.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:53   #698

Boat: Richter 42

Gilletarom,
I know it may be a bit confusing at first, but you soon get used to it and it is documented in the manual. The issue is that this is a plugin and not in the mainline, therefore I cannot add anything to the normal right click popup like 'Route Creating' does. So I have to create my own method of doing this. I could create a popup, but all it would have would be 'End Boundary' which would be an extra click. If there are more items that should be on that popup the I will create one.

You need to right click on both a Point and any Path (Boundary, EBL, DR, etc.) to gain access to the move item. I thought this easier to do and it avoids unforeseen movements of the objects, if this is not the case I can look at implementing the same way that OCPN does it. I find opening a properties box to move a point OK, but not intuitive. I dare not have move without doing this as on a rolling boat it would be too easy to move a point by accident when scrolling/centreing.

I have not even looked at the touch interface yet, I only just got the plugin working on the PI, and am still trying to make sure that that works OK. I will have a look at Android devices soon, I hope, to see what changes are needed for touch. I don't have a surface and am very unlikely to get another windows machine as I use linux or android and the only windows I have came on the boat PC and that is now running linux as windows kept loosing its COM ports.

To do some of the stuff you are suggesting would probably require further API changes, so perhaps post OCPN 4.2 it may be possible.

Could you put your suggestions up on flyspray against OD so that they don't get lost?

Thanks
Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

Just a first test on my Lenovo PC. W8.1.

I managed to create an area surrounded by red line and checkered red. I understood that to stop creating this area, it was necessary to make a simple right click. In other words, the right click does not open a context menu. It is not in the habits of OpenCPN. I also realized that to move a point defining an area, you must right-click to open a context menu. It's confusing.

I would prefer that it works like route building tool with the same operating mode. Especially since we are facing, as a user of OpenCPN, two modes of operation for the routes creations and routes changes: One for non-touch screens and one for touch screens.

Harmonization between all these modes would be good. Remember that many software users are far from being "gifted" to manipulate screen (Touch screen or not).

This is a topic that should be discussed with Dave.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:15   #699

Hubert,
The number of backups of the ODnavobj.xml file is user selectable from the first tab in the options/Plugins/OCPN_Draw/Preferences panel. This works exactly the same as OCPN does, i.e. new versions are written and older versions are move down the list until they drop off the end. They are all stored in the same location under ...../ocpn_draw_pi/data

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
t.....

OD points or OD objects like boundaries, text markers, EBLs or DR are stored in a different file named ODnavobj.xml which resides in a plug-in data subdirectory of the OCPN program data directory.
ODnavobj.xml does not have back-ups.

Hubert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OD Preferences dialog.png
Views:	90
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	116433  
Old 09-01-2016, 12:20   #700

Gilletarom,
I have not even looked at the languages file, Pavel did this for me back in April/May 2015. I am affraid that I only speak Australian, British a bit of USA English and can read a little bit of French. So when things are not correct I appreciate being informed. You mention 'crowdin', I have seen it mentioned in other threads a bit, but have not followed it up. How do I submit things to crowdin (or even get there) so that the language files will be more up to date (there have been many changes since Pavel did the initial work)?

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

I had not imagined that the relative page to this plugin is already so well written. It allowed me this morning to understand many things. Thank you to whoever wrote.

It is in the English translation of the French activity that I became aware that the items as they are currently written in the language file, were not toujouurs also adapted as necessary. Now I think the language file in the crowdin wrong.

Jongough, please, make an update of the language file in the crowdin. I bet that some of my questions will disappear automatically.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:21   #701
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon,

did not see that in my data sets ...
So in line with main. Perfect.

The rest of the resume is ok from your side?

Hubert

Btw.: send you some mails - received or in the trash?
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:37   #702

Hubert,
I believe the resume works for crash and non-crash conditions. I did put up a fix as multiple moves of a boundary point did not come back after a 'crash', this was in patch 596.

Jon

PS. Yes I did and have replied.
Old 09-01-2016, 16:01   #703

Hello Jongough,

1° It is necessary that you ask Pavel about Crowdin.

2° Here join two file :
Boundary_2.svg and Boundary_3.svg (Delete ".doc" )

Can you use these two files ?
Attached Files
File Type: doc boundary_2.svg.doc (128.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: doc boundary_3.svg.doc (133.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-01-2016, 23:10   #704

Gilletarom,
I have gone through the code and tried to remove these anomalies. Hopefully, when the language files are updated, they should then display in native language.

Do you know that you don't have to have the 'Confirm Delete' dialog shown. There is a setting in preferences that will turn that off.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

Some items are not present in the file language. So they stay in english when I use OD :

After we right click on a boundery point, in the context menu :
- Boundery point
- Move boundary point
- Copy point GUID

After we right click on the leg between two boundery points, in the context menu :
- Boundary
- Move boundery
- Insert boundery point

When I try to delete an boundary, a window is opened that ask to me if I want to really delete the boundary :
- OpenCPN Boundary Delete
- Are you shure you want to delete this boundary ?
- Yes
- No

When I try to delete a boundary point (OD), a window is opened that ask to me if I want really delete the OD :
- OCPN Draw Delete Boundary Point
- Are you shure you want to delete this boundary Point?
- Yes
- No

In the toolbar :
- Draw toolbar
- Create boundary
- Create boundary point
- Create text point
- Create EBL
- Create DR

And many other, items by example in the window properties of a Text point.

Best regards. Gilletarom
Old 09-01-2016, 23:14   #705

Gilletarom,
I think (fingers crossed) that I have SVG icons now working. I can now look at how to scale them to make them more visible on high resolution screens. I may have to put in a slider the same as the user interface one as I don't think my plugin can access the global value.

If you build the patch 602 and make sure you have SVG turned on, either by making sure OD_USE_SVG=ON in the CMAKE configuration or by setting it explicitly with '-DOD_USE_SVG=ON', you should see the 'new' icons in use. They are slightly different to the originals. I am not sure they are better but I will be able to scale them when needed.

Jon

Quote:
Hello Jongough,

1° It is necessary that you ask Pavel about Crowdin.

2° Here join two file :
Boundary_2.svg and Boundary_3.svg (Delete ".doc" )

Can you use these two files ?