Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 07:08   #526
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 8,098
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

UUU & YYY sounds. Nice idea.
Have uploaded these to

Opencpn Win Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass
Found in "Sounds" directory.

Have also added a "Tip:" to Watchdog documentation here.
This documentation needs some attention!
Sean has improved this plugin significantly, now we need documentation.
Any interested users willing to take this on?

It is not difficult to register here. Then login here.

Create screenshots and upload to your opencpn.org "Files"
Left column click on your account]
Top of page "View" "Edit" "Track" "File Browser"
Then under "Navigation" scroll down to your user name and click on it.
Now you can upload your screenshots - not bigger than 800 x 600

Then find the page and put it into "Edit" mode.
Use the tinyxml interface to create/edit text
Insert your uploaded screenshots into the page.


__________________

__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:02   #527
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Thomas,
Can you tell me what patch level of the OD plugin you are at? You will find this in the CMakeList.txt at line 19 in the root folder of the plugin. Also, what commit are you up to in the OCPN git? I have 9657cd1 which was commited on the 4/12/2015.

I know this issue did occur a little while ago when the plugin api changed, but I have just pulled the latest commit (the one above) and I do not get the issue you are having.

If you are using pre-built versions of the OD plugin things may not work with later commits of OCPN as the beta is still changing. If you are building your own versions you need to make sure you are running what you think you are. Very easy when the plugin loads I know as for OD the patch level is reported in the properties dialog in the About tab. For OCPN it is a little more difficult as there are multiple patches within each beta 'release'.

As Rick says, if it still fails, check that the ini/conf files are up to date. Most of the time it will work, but occasionally the old ini/conf files and the navobj.xml and ODnavobj.xml files contain 'invalid' information for the current build and need to be cleaned out.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I'm trying to get the draw plugin to work with 4.1.11.08 + latest git.
I get this log message


I have obviously missed something...?

/Thomas
__________________

__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:56   #528
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 8,098
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,
Frode Lynum has made a request.

Are you interested in creating a new type of Guard Zone Boundary?
I could be used as an AIS alert in Watchdog. Any AIS signal inside the zone would alarm. It would be defined by inner + outer range + two ebl. http://willkamp.com/opencpn/flyspray...p?getfile=1514

FS#1881 - AIS Alarm - Proximity alert - Guard Zone vs CPA target range
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:35   #529
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,195
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Thomas,
Can you tell me what patch level of the OD plugin you are at? You will find this in the CMakeList.txt at line 19 in the root folder of the plugin. Also, what commit are you up to in the OCPN git? I have 9657cd1 which was commited on the 4/12/2015.

I know this issue did occur a little while ago when the plugin api changed, but I have just pulled the latest commit (the one above) and I do not get the issue you are having.

If you are using pre-built versions of the OD plugin things may not work with later commits of OCPN as the beta is still changing. If you are building your own versions you need to make sure you are running what you think you are. Very easy when the plugin loads I know as for OD the patch level is reported in the properties dialog in the About tab. For OCPN it is a little more difficult as there are multiple patches within each beta 'release'.

As Rick says, if it still fails, check that the ini/conf files are up to date. Most of the time it will work, but occasionally the old ini/conf files and the navobj.xml and ODnavobj.xml files contain 'invalid' information for the current build and need to be cleaned out.

Jon
Rick & Jon

I used Pavels PPA package when I had the error message.
After compiling and installing from source, all is well, so Jon was spot on.

Thanks

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:08   #530
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Den Helder, the Netherlands
Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"
Posts: 103
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
UUU & YYY sounds. Nice idea.
Have uploaded these to

Opencpn Win Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass
Found in "Sounds" directory.

Have also added a "Tip:" to Watchdog documentation here.
This documentation needs some attention!
Sean has improved this plugin significantly, now we need documentation.
Any interested users willing to take this on?

It is not difficult to register here. Then login here.

Create screenshots and upload to your opencpn.org "Files"
Left column click on your account]
Top of page "View" "Edit" "Track" "File Browser"
Then under "Navigation" scroll down to your user name and click on it.
Now you can upload your screenshots - not bigger than 800 x 600

Then find the page and put it into "Edit" mode.
Use the tinyxml interface to create/edit text
Insert your uploaded screenshots into the page.


If you like the idea of dedicated sounds for different alarms, I have been fooling around trying to make some more "Warnings". I only hope the Dutch accent is not too bad.

NOTE: rename files from ".doc" to ".wav"!

I will see what I can do documentation-wise. But don't expect anything within the next 48 hours.

Roel
Attached Files
File Type: doc Warning Anchor.doc (174.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: doc Warning Boundary.doc (360.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: doc Warning Collision.doc (157.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: doc Warning Landfall.doc (226.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: doc Warning Speed.doc (202.0 KB, 9 views)
__________________
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:15   #531
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Rick,
I think it can be done, will just have to think how to structure it as it seems to be two EBL/VRM's with a boundary fill and line extension. If the interaction is via the JSON message then any plugin/mainline code could access the information. Then either watchdog or the AIS in mainline could use it to do the alarm.

It will take a few days to percolate into the grey matter. I will let you know. Looking at the flyspray request there is only one vote for this feature. Is there more interest in it than that?

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon,
Frode Lynum has made a request.

Are you interested in creating a new type of Guard Zone Boundary?
I could be used as an AIS alert in Watchdog. Any AIS signal inside the zone would alarm. It would be defined by inner + outer range + two ebl. http://willkamp.com/opencpn/flyspray...p?getfile=1514

FS#1881 - AIS Alarm - Proximity alert - Guard Zone vs CPA target range
__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 15:24   #532
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 8,098
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,
I will add my vote, and if you look at the flyspray you will see that there are a number of requests and interest around this particular feature.

Tracker sorted by Summary with AIS at the top.
FS#1587 Proximity alert Steve B, Marco, Rick
FS#1881 AIS Alarm - Marco, Frode, Rick

-At first I thought CPA would fill the bill, but Marco has convinced me. I am sure there are others users would would like to see it and also Vesper has a "Guard alarm".

Others should register their thoughts too, so that we don't have Jon programming something that is unneeded.
Marco please voice your thoughts here too!
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 20:28   #533
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Here are some questions re the Guard Zone (GZ) concept.

  • Should the GZ be centred on the boat or a lat/lon?
  • Should the centre point be movable or only fixed?
  • If they are centred on the boat, should they move if the boat moves?
  • If they are not centred on the boat should the centre be allowed to move?
  • What is the life time of a GZ, session, permanent, other?
  • Should the GZ be filled or outlined or neither?
  • What is the shape of a GZ? A sector of a torus, square, other?
  • What other attributes does a GZ need, i.e. text display, highlighted lines, opaque backgrounds?
As the OD plugin is for drawing only, who is going to write the code to check whether an AIS object has entered the GZ? Will this be done in the Watchdog plugin, or in the mainline? If in the mainline, i.e. AIS code base, will Dave be happy tying mainline code to a plugin?

I am sure there are plenty of other questions that need to be asked to make a worthwhile GZ, but the above should give me enough to see if I can build one.

Jon
__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:31   #534
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 1,813
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon
VS2013: Today's fetch of OCPN and O-Draw... Build error....
And yes, I used opencpn.lib made from OCPN build before I built O-Draw..
The new font handler didn't find its way through windows I think:

Err descr. from Error handler:
Code:
Error    1    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl OCPNMessageBox(class wxWindow *,class wxString const &,class wxString const &,int,int,int,int)" 
(?OCPNMessageBox@@YAHPAVwxWindow@@ABVwxString@@1HHHH@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall 
ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl::OnPathPropMenuSelected(class wxCommandEvent &)" 
(?OnPathPropMenuSelected@ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl@@AAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)    C:\Builds\OCPN\ocpn_draw_pi\build\ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl.obj    ocpn_draw_pi
The same error from build output:
Code:
5>     Creating library C:/Builds/OCPN/ocpn_draw_pi/build/Release/ocpn_draw_pi.lib and object C:/Builds/OCPN/ocpn_draw_pi/build/Release/ocpn_draw_pi.exp
5>ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl OCPNMessageBox(class wxWindow *,class wxString const &,class wxString const &,int,int,int,int)" (?OCPNMessageBox@@YAHPAVwxWindow@@ABVwxString@@1HHHH@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl::OnPathPropMenuSelected(class wxCommandEvent &)" (?OnPathPropMenuSelected@ODPathPropertiesDialogImpl@@AAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)
5>C:\Builds\OCPN\ocpn_draw_pi\build\Release\ocpn_draw_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Håkan
__________________
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:58   #535
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 8,098
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Opencpn Beta File Thingie
Have move UUU & YYY sounds to the Directory Watchdog Warnings
Have also added a new zip file with the Voice Warnings above.
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:35   #536
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Håkan,
Patch 564 fixes the windows compile/linker error. It also provides for Point rollover information popups. Currently it just shows the type of point you are over, is there any other useful information that could be added?

Jon
__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:42   #537
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 2,505
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,

remember that touch screens don't have rollovers but just long-right-click/pen/finger-down contextual menus. So an identifying roll over should be ok.

Hubert
__________________
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 13:10   #538
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hubert,
The rollovers in OD mimic the ones in mainline OCPN. Originally I only implemented the rollover for paths, but when updating the documentation I was using Text Points with no icon and thought putting a rollover in for them as well would be useful in finding such points to allow right clicking/double clicking to get to their properties.

I have a tablet, andriod, and have OCPN on that, but I have yet to compile the plugin for that (I don't know how to yet). When I do get a version working on andriod I will test the rollovers and see what can be done.

Jon
__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 14:52   #539
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 1,813
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Håkan,
Patch 564 fixes the windows compile/linker error. It also provides for Point rollover information popups. Currently it just shows the type of point you are over, is there any other useful information that could be added?

Jon
Jon
Thanks, the Win linker error is fixed and it builds fine.

The loading of the font size items in the UI font editor works fine. I've so far got the OD_point..... and the OD_Pathleng...
A strange observation is that they are sorted in different locations in the list every time I open the UI interface. (Connected to the issue below????)

For the point rollover I've a possible tricky issue:
This test is for a boundary with four points, see pict.
The rollover normally shows a four rows popup. But sometimes it's only one row, the first, and then OCPN hangs (Black canvas but no crash). I can't give you a repeatable pattern apart from that the first time I roll over a point it's always correct. The next or third or fourth... reads only one row and O hangs.
It's not a specific but a random point.

Can I make some more test and narrow it to a repeatable pattern?

Håkan
Attached Images
 
__________________
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 15:18   #540
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Boat: Richter 42
Posts: 858
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Håkan,
I am not sure why the font items list is in a different order each restart. I did notice that but had not chased it down. I have just submitted a patch to sort this choice box alphabetically so that it is consistent.

I have tried under windows without opengl and not had the issue you have with the black screen or single line popups for paths. I cannot test opengl easily as my virtualbox seems to have an issue and starts to draw in the wrong z order and I find it difficult to get back to the MSVC enviornment (I can only see bits of it and using the mouse is fraught with picking the wrong items!). If you can find a way to reproduce the error it would be very helpful.

Jon
__________________

__________________
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rookie questions - boundary circles; exporting options; GPX files fredgmeyer OpenCPN 5 23-05-2014 22:22
Buoys out in Boundary Bay, BC Carogan Liveaboard's Forum 0 27-08-2012 06:41
For Sale: Cascade Designs Seal Line Boundary 70 Dry Bag thesparrow Classifieds Archive 0 14-03-2011 15:27
Current draw and insulation of portable fridges troppo Plumbing Systems and Fixtures 6 06-03-2011 09:00
amperage draw for Garmin radar and MFD janders Marine Electronics 8 16-12-2008 17:00


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:12.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.