Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 12:54   #511

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hubert,
For non-opengl I am using the default wxWidgets wxPENSTYLE's (wxPENSTYLE_SOLID, wxPENSTYLE_DOT, wxPENSTYLE_LONG_DASH, etc), so if they are too small, that is the implementation in the underlying widgets. For opengl I specify the stipple to use (same as OCPN does). I am not sure if I can detect 'high res' and therefore increase the size of the dots and dashes. We would need the underlying PPI (pixels per inch)/DPI. Does standard OCPN display these types of objects OK on the high res screen?

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Jon,

no difference here between OpenGL On/Off.

With the line styles you got me wrong: this works correctly. Just for distinguishing between solid and dotted one have to zoom in a lot. With a standard zoom one does not see any difference. Case of the hi-res...

Hubert
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 13:10   #512
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon,

I think that's not an issue - will try to check tomorrow with other OCPN objects.

When one is using a hi-res display these are observations that come along.

Smaller screens with hi-res have all this burdens or surprises - Dave will know from the Android zoo.

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 14:21   #513

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
two point boundary looks like a line but it is still a polygon with an inside and outside, just the inside has zero width.
Quote:
Crossing this line could be implemented in much the same way as the rollover popup box, but cause some other action. But you would just know that you are about to cross the line, but not really from the 'good' side to the 'bad' side or from the 'bad' side to the 'good' side. This is what Boundaries are for as you can definitely mark the 'good' and 'bad' sides.
I think a boundary with "area" is the answer for a Blockade line a la qtVlm. I'm happy with that.

Quote:
Now that Paths and Points are working OK creating new tools is not that difficult. Its just a matter of figuring out what you want to do and what facilities are needed. The actual code for implementation of the latest tools was quite small, but the supporting code, i.e. dialog boxes, persistence, etc. are quite a bit bigger (all the new attributes need setting by the user and storing and recovering from the ini and xml files). You may have noticed the general preferences dialog is getting quite big!
A great deal of work Jon, ..and its showing! Nice the have confidence about the underlying code, so other tools can be built as recognized/needed!
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 14:49   #514

Jon:

DID HAVE THIS
[Settings/Watchdog]
Enabled=1

DID NOT FIND THIS
[Settings/Watchdog/Alarms/Boundary]
Enabled=1

DID NOT FIND THIS
[PlugIns/libwatchdog_pi.so]
bEnabled=1

Quote:
You should also check that you have a WatchdogConfiguration.xml file that contains something like:
my watchdog config.xml (part of it)
Quote:
<Alarm Type="Boundary" Mode="Anchor" TimeMinutes="20" Distance="3" BoundaryGUID="323f0000-dca5-431c-b213-ae2d378d0000" Enabled="1" GraphicsEnabled="0" Sound="1" SoundFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN 4.1.1108\sounds\2bells.wav" Command="0" CommandFile="" MessageBox="0" Repeat="1" RepeatSeconds="5" AutoReset="0" />
So now have tried it and the Anchor stays in the boundary and deadman is not working.

I am going to uninstall both plugins, load ocpn, check plugins, close and the reinstall both plugins.

Jon, why has my opencpn.ini not had these? Could it happen to someone else?
Is it related to testing for something?
Old 03-12-2015, 15:01   #515

Rick,
Part of the fun of being on the beta program is that things change and move location. I think you are suffering from changes that are not fully reflected in your ini file settings. Try disabling the plugin, remove ALL the plugin settings then restart and re-enable the plugin. Hopefully that should then reset everything to the 'new' defaults and it should then start working. The OD plugin has defaults for everything, they may not be the best, but it should always set itself up correctly. You should have seen this with one of the latest changes where I move the settings to the correct place (I had it in the wrong place for some time, but something Sean said got me looking and caused the change).

I know that Sean recently changed the settings to be in the correct place (I think I made a mistake in the early days of playing with Watchdog and put some stuff in the wrong location), so you may have an issue with that change.

Jon
Old 03-12-2015, 15:27   #516

Jon,
I just got the alarms working! Horray. Your suggestions were a help. I uninstalled both plugins using the uninstall for the plugin. Opened O, closed O, checked Opencpn.ini and removed everything associated with Ocpn_Draw and Watchdog. The loaded O again and closed. Then installed the two plugins fresh - after I recompiled watchdog using the very most recent opencpn.lib.

I then tried the Watchdog plugin and quickly found that Boundary Inclusion, Boundary Points/Ring and Boundry exclude and boundary point/ring exclude all work and send an alarm.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn.ini.doc (52.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-12-2015, 15:39   #517

Opencpn Win Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass

Most current version from Jon

ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.577-ov4.1.1108-win32

Found in 4.1.1108 PI Win directory.

Recompiled with the most current opencpn.lib
Use the uninstallocpn_draw icon and then reinstall this version please.
Old 03-12-2015, 17:01   #518

Just a little about Boundaries and Alarms.

Alarms can be set on Boundaries and Boundary Points with Rings.
Both of these types can be set for Inclusive, Exclusive or Neither
You can use Inclusive as an anchor containment, for example.

After some experimenting it appears that any boundary or boundary point with ring of any type (Inclusive, Exclusive or Neither) can serve as an Exclusive alarm.

The inclusive setting is more discerning and with contain an anchor, however the other kinds of boundaries will not. (WHOOPS - I was wrong, it does not matter if an Exclusive Boundary Point with Ring Or an Exclusive Boundary is used as if it were an Inclusive type, the alarm will still work in that way. - Is this what you want Jon?
Old 03-12-2015, 17:34   #519

Rick,
OD does not really care. The messages that OD will respond to are:
FindPointInAnyBoundary:
This looks at all boundaries to see if the supplied Lat/lon is inside one.
Will respond with"
"GUID" of the boundary if found or a zero length string if not found.
"Found" set to TRUE or FALSE.

FindPointInBoundary:
This looks for a specific boundary based on the GUID supplied.
Will respond with:
"Found" set to TRUE or FALSE
"BoundaryObjectType set to "Boundary" or "Boundary Point"
"BoundaryType" set to "Exclusion", "Inclusion" or "Neither"

It is up to the message sender, i.e. Watchdog, to interpret the results as it see fit. Currently the Watchdog plugin does not do anything with the extra information. I suppose we now need to think, what should we do with the information to make the Watchdog plugin user experience better?

I have added the BoundaryObjectType and BoundaryType to the 'FindPointInAnyBoundary' message.

Jon
Old 04-12-2015, 06:09   #520

Jon, Would you be able to give RooieDirk some pointers about making Toolbar Icons work? Also rotating toolbar icons or even the popup version we are using now?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1978239
Old 04-12-2015, 11:10   #521

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"

I have got Watchdog & Boundary working now

Maybe (well, probably) it's just a dumb idea, but I have set Morse-code YYY (Yankee = "My anchor is dragging") as sound for anchorwatch-alarm and Morse-code UUU (Uniform = "You are running into danger") as the sound for Boundary and Land-fall-alarm. You can generate these sounds yourself dead-simple on this website Morse Code Translator (just type whatever you want, adjust pitch and speed to your liking and save as .wav-files in /OpenCPN/sounds).

As already said: just a dumb idea but maybe useful for people who want something else than "2 bells" (and I for myself are thick enough to react to a "2bells-alarm" with "Ah, another half hour gone, doesn't time fly when you are having fun...)

Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:43   #522

Boat: Najad 34

Roel..
Thanks for the nice link. ... -- .. .-.. .
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:46   #523
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Roel,

one more from us
.-.. ..- --.. -.--

to memorize one's boat's name as morse
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:47   #524

Boat: Dufour 35

I'm trying to get the draw plugin to work with 4.1.11.08 + latest git.
I get this log message
Quote:
13:22:51 WET: PlugInManager: Loading PlugIn: /usr/local/lib/opencpn/libocpn_draw_pi.so
13:22:51 WET: Error: /usr/local/lib/opencpn/libocpn_draw_pi.so: undefined symbol: _Z23PlugInNormalizeViewportP15PlugIn_ViewPort
13:22:51 WET: PlugInManager: Cannot load library: /usr/local/lib/opencpn/libocpn_draw_pi.so
I have obviously missed something...?

/Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:19   #525

Thomas, I don't know linux that well, but in Windows, using ocpn_draw and watchdog while in development, I had to completely uninstall those plugins and reinstall the new ones, otherwise I was left with old stuff improperly configured in opencpn.ini and I had several problems, like watchdog boundary alarm did not work and also the lines in inclusive boundaries did not work, etc.

I don't know if you can click the uninstall[plugin].exe as we can in Windows, but I would suggest trying the linux version as a first step.

PS I had been lazy and just installing over the top of the old plugin. Not a good idea while in development.