Have been trying to get Ocpn_Draw Inclusion Boundary + Watchdog alarm to work. See 2 screenshots below, the Boundary Alarm changes to show the boat has crossed on the second screenshot, but the Watchdog Alarm is not sounding.
Also the Sound Alarm Test button is no longer available. Something is missing, perhaps Portaudio? However I find portaudio_x86.dll in the Opencpn
v4.1.1108 diirectory. --So what is the problem?
I just found that under Watchdog > Configuration >
Select Boundary > Edit >Alarm > Sound > Browse
I had to select C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN 4.1.1108\sounds\2bells.wav
Yet again! This does not seem to be a sticky setting.
I have no idea if the alarm will work now. There is no Test Alarm button.
To run this test:
1. Use Opencpn
2. Install & enable the plugins VDR, Ocpn_Draw, and Watchdog_pi versions for O4.1.x which are are available on opencpn.org and Opencpn File Thingie
3. Save the attached files Bahama-Boundaries.gpx and Boundary-Bermuda-Nmea.txt somewhere appropriate.
4. Load the attached Bahama-Boundaries.gpx file into Ocpn-Draw Manager.
5. In Opencpn go to the Bahamas
and turn on this Boundary under Draw Manager, it is maroon color.
6. Move the boat to inside the Boundary -Right click and pick move boat here.
7. Now get Watchdog running.Under Watchdog > Configuration.
8. Turn off all alarms except Boundary. If there is no Boundary, add it.
9. Then Highlight Boundary and Pick Edit. Make the following settings:
Watch Check > Boundary GUID > Pick Get Boundary GUID
11. This will only fetch the GUID if the boat is located inside the boundary.
12. If the alarm does not work later, check that the proper GUID has been entered by checking the Bahama-Boundary GUID under properties matches the GUID in Watchdog. You can also cut and paste the GUID.
13. Alarm Action > Sound checked > Browse >
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN 4.1.1108\sounds\2bells.wav (Windows users)
14. Check Repeat Alarm after 10 seconds.
15. Check Graphics enabled.
16. Click OK on Edit Alarm.
17. Under Watchdog Configuration > General Setup, Check enable alarms only if Watchdog Dialog is visible.
18. Verify "Boundary" appears with "Sound Repeat"
19. Hit OK in Watchdog Configuration.
20. Use the Nmea
file Boundary-Bermuda-Nmea.txt (RMC sentences) to propel .the boat across the boundary and set the alarm. Use the plugin VDR_pi "Play" to load the file. Drag the speed bar to the right to slow it down.
20. The alarm should work, and the Watchdog Dialog under Boundary should show "> Anchor Outside Boundary
If I could get the sound working it would be good.
Please take the doc off Bahama_Boundaries.gpx
Thanks Jon, Its is working, I can see confirmation in the Dialog!