Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2015, 21:49   #181
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,

I understand that Rick would like to clone the properties of an object and not necessarily the object itself.

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 22:21   #182

Boat: Richter 42

Hubert,
I am not sure I get the distinction. If you create a new object but with all the attributes of the old object is that a copy or a clone? Either way it has all the attributes, except the GUID, of the model upon which it was based. The only way of guaranteeing moving the correct one, the clone/copy or the original/template, would be to use the OD properties panel and select which one you wanted then change the Lat and Lon.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Jon,

I understand that Rick would like to clone the properties of an object and not necessarily the object itself.

Hubert
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 22:48   #183
bcn

Jon,

take two boundaries, a triangle and a square, one have drawn but with different colors and line types. Now you want to have them look alike. So copy the properties and not the shape or spatial information.

Or several text markers. To group them visually one might want to use the same font, color, background. Cloning the styles.

In applications like Inkscape, the vector draw program for svg, this is used a lot.

Hubert
Old 23-07-2015, 22:55   #184

So, the idea is to copy some of the attributes, colour, text, icon from one point to another, but leaving the lat, lon, GUID, name?
Old 23-07-2015, 23:04   #185
bcn

Exactly - remember the "the change all icons for boundaries" you have implemented already.
Old 24-07-2015, 01:00   #186

Rick,
Patch 0460 allows you to move the whole boundary.

OpenGL fill of boundaries does not work in windows and I am still trying to work out why. The base charts all use it, but something is interfering with OD's use of it. There is something, I don't know what, that is causing the issue, look #179.

Jon
Old 24-07-2015, 01:10   #187
bcn

Jon,

drop a mail to Dave - don´t know if he reads this thread.
I can see the issue on my system as well - OpenGL OFF works and is ugly.
OpenGL on drops the filling.

Hubert
Old 25-07-2015, 21:48   #188

Hi,
I have put up patch 0461 which 'may' workaround the windows opengl not displaying filled boundaries. On one of my systems, Win 7 under VirtualBox, it does work, on the other Win 8.1 it does not.

There appears to be something wrong in windows opengl in OCPN. In my VirtualBox Win 7 if I try to display filled boundaries, they are empty, UNLESS I create a dummy filled area (in this case a star), fill it, but with an alpha of 0 (i.e. transparent so that you cannot see it), then the boundaries display filled. The dummy area, if you could see it is badly formed, i.e. it has holes in it where they should not be. Tessellation is working, just filling is not.

Jon
Old 26-07-2015, 03:59   #189

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Jon

I merged your patch more or less into watchdog.

I need a way to detect if the draw plugin is available or not so that I don't populate the boundary alarm in the list if it isn't there (otherwise it will just confuse people) what is the best way? Do you have a message I can query the draw plugin version?

Also, I tried to use the draw plugin. I cannot select a waypoint by clicking on it, they always get selected in the order they are created so I cannot delete whichever one I want to.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 04:07   #190
bcn

Right-click to select the options (delete is one) , not double-click as in the case of standard waypoints.
Old 26-07-2015, 07:11   #191
bcn

In the case of a standard waypoint I can define user designed icons placing those into the UserIcon folder so that they appear in the drop-down list for the icon.

Can this be done for the plug-in or are the icons right now "hardwired"

Hubert
Old 27-07-2015, 15:28   #192

Hi,
In the next patch I will include a message to send back the version number of the plugin. It will have the following attributes:
Major - Major version no
Minor - Minor version no
Patch - Patch level
Date - Date of last update (Major, Minor or Patch)

You will need to send a Msg with:
message id: "OCPN_DRAW_PI"
Source - your message id
Msg - "Version"
Type - "Request"
MsgID - an ID you would like returned to identify the message

Hope this will help.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Jon

I merged your patch more or less into watchdog.

I need a way to detect if the draw plugin is available or not so that I don't populate the boundary alarm in the list if it isn't there (otherwise it will just confuse people) what is the best way? Do you have a message I can query the draw plugin version?

Also, I tried to use the draw plugin. I cannot select a waypoint by clicking on it, they always get selected in the order they are created so I cannot delete whichever one I want to.
Old 27-07-2015, 18:04   #193

Hi,
I have just put up patch 0470. This contains Electronic Bearing Lines (EBL) and you can have as many as you like. Currently they use the base Boundary Point icons and Path colours. If needed I can update the properties panel to include this as a new tab, but I wanted to give you the chance to use it to see if it is worthwhile. The EBL's will persist over a restart, not sure if that was needed, but came free with using the underlying code.

There is a windows installable on git if you want to give it a go: https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...eases/tag/0470

Jon
Old 28-07-2015, 00:32   #194

Hi,
Another patch, 0472, this one adds scaling to the text point. A bit rugged, but each text point now stores its 'natural' scale, so it knows what the scale was when it was created and uses this to determine if the text should be hidden and at larger scales whether the text box itself should be hidden. Currently at twice the natural scale the text gets hidden and at 8x the natural scale the text box gets hidden. This is currently hard coded, but, if a bit more control is needed then the scale factor could be changed in the properties dialog, if people would find that useful, it just has be created.

Jon
Old 28-07-2015, 11:06   #195
bcn

EBL
- would not make it persistent over sessions. This is a tool for checking underway
- without GPS and "move boat here", drawing the EBL and afterwards moving the boat again will move the marker of the EBL in parallel. Is this intended?

Texts:
see below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-28 19_58_59-0471-OpenCPN 4.1.602.png
Views:	151
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	106243  
Attached Images