Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 28-12-2017, 01:22   #76

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: OCPN Draw 1.4 available

Jon,

Since this morning, with the version compiled by Hakkan, I have things really abnormal with the boudary.

I create a boundary. I open the properties window of this boundary. I change the color of the grid. I validate with "Ok", which closes the properties window of this boundary.
After that, the grid color on the OpenCPN screen did not change. I tried with several boundary. Same phenomenon. Inner grid or outside grid, it's the same.

BUT:

After that, I go to the "Options / Plugins / Draw", open the Draw preferences, and I display the "Boundary" tab, then, without doing anything more, immediately, I close the preferences. So, by magic, the boundary grid color changes ... Pfuuuuu

Old 28-12-2017, 11:57   #77

Boat: Najad 34

Win10 ODraw 1.4.42
I can confirm Gilltarom's observations in all parts.
Håkan

Old 29-12-2017, 23:01   #78

Boat: Richter 42

Hi Gilletarom,
I have found the issue and created a new patch 1.4.44 which fixes the issue. It was introduced when I changed OD to handle the colour schemes that OCPN does (RGB, Day, Dusk and Night). I have checked that it does restore the correct colours over a crash as well. I have checked on Linux and Windows 10. Unfortunately I am still not in a position to create a windows installable (still don't know what is wrong as there is no debug information available).

Regards
Jon
Old 30-12-2017, 01:36   #79

Boat: Najad 34

Jon..
Ver 1.4.44 fixed the color change issue. Thanks.

A installation package here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ft6jy6qty...win32.exe?dl=1

Håkan
Old 30-12-2017, 13:03   #80

Boat: Richter 42

Hi Håkan,
Have put it up as a pre-release in git.

I think I have found the issue, it is to do with using VC 2017. Not only do you need to modify a few files in wxWidgets to get it to understand VC 2017, but you need to have the following DLL's in the ocpn root directory:
MSVCP140.dll
VCRUNTIME140.DLL

And you need to have:
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll

all of which are in the vc_redist.x86.exe install package. If the redist package is installed it is all OK, but I suspect that for OCPN we would have to also put these in the root of the OCPN install.

So, I will see if I can get VC 2017 to pretend to be VC 2013 when generating DLL's and exe's so that this is not needed. But, as to the future.....

Regards
Jon
Old 30-12-2017, 14:46   #81

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Jon..
Ver 1.4.44 fixed the color change issue. Thanks.
A installation package here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ft6jy6qty...win32.exe?dl=1
Håkan
Hakkan :Thank.

Jongough : No, there is still a bug.

When I started OpenCPN, all the marks were visible around the boundary.
So I spent a long time masking the marks of my many boundaries. Then, I closed OpenCPN.

When I open OpenCPN again, all terminals are visible again .... Pfuuuuuu .... Nightmare.
Old 31-12-2017, 08:01   #82

hello Jongough,
I complete my tests. I have a large stock of boundary. half of these boundaries are nameless, the other half are named.

I've noticed that for some recently made boundary, the marks are not displayed, even if I close OpenCPN and open OpenCPN again.
But, for older boundary, with no names, the marks are displayed.

Also : If I open a recent boundary with no name, and give it a name, then if I close OpenCPN and open OpenCPN again, the marks for that boundary are displayed.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:36   #83

Hello Jongough,

First, Happy New Year.

Second:
I am currently cleaning up my installation of OpenCPN. Various crash occurred. Explicitable probably with the various updates of Weather-routing and Draw. So, I delete them.

I observe that :
- the file relating to Draw, in "Program data / opencpn" is not deleted by the software of uninstallation of Draw.
- les réglages relatifs à Draw, dans le fichier "opencpn.ini" ne sont pas supprimés.

This makes it easier to crash when installing a new version of Draw. OpenCPN alpha users can not be asked to know how to properly clean the installation. And beta testers often have to be lazy to properly clean the installation.

It is not surprising that some "re-installation" leads to discontent among alpha users. There has been quite a bit since version 4.6.1 and version 4.8.

So, it WOULD BE NICE if the uninstall software for Draw was updated.

B.R. Gilletarom.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:44   #84

Oups, Sorry.

You have to replace, here before :
"- les réglages relatifs à Draw, dans le fichier "opencpn.ini" ne sont pas supprimés."
by :
"- the settings related to Draw, in the file "opencpn.ini" are not deleted."
Old 01-01-2018, 03:05   #85

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Oups, Sorry.

You have to replace, here before :
"- les réglages relatifs à Draw, dans le fichier "opencpn.ini" ne sont pas supprimés."
by :
"- the settings related to Draw, in the file "opencpn.ini" are not deleted."
I don't know of any plugin or even the main program which is able to update the opencpn.ini file correctly. You have always to delete it und rebuild a new one. Even as OpenCPN is several years old now it is still a do-it-yourself software without any professional functions.

Gerhard
Old 01-01-2018, 04:50   #86

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

What about a question, do you wish to remove a ODraw user settings in Opencpn.ini?

I think Sean's weather_routing and other pi would benefit.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:31   #87

Hello Carcode,

Well, like JonGough, let me wish you a 2018 year according to your dreams.

That said, Carcode, why are you still so "hard" with OpenCPN? There must be some way to say it differently ...
That said again, Carcode, somewhere, you're right. OpenCPN is not moving fast enough or rather more quickly enough. And everyone knows, who does not advance, backs down.

But, OpenCPN remains a wonder that has made more than a future user of marine mapping software dream.

It remains to be hoped that those who are pushing it forward will be able to catch up with it.
I was lucky to be able to exchange a lot of mail with many of them. It seems to me that, after a slack period following the release of the paid version for Androïd, this "crazy gang" has taken over "poil de la bête", in other words, this "crazy band" has gone back to forward.

Gilletarom

"Poil de la bête" = ? perhaps this : "The hair of the beast" But not shure because my English is my English ! And not shure that google translator can help me.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:42   #88

Hello RGleason,
[QUOTE=rgleason;2546519]What about a question, do you wish to remove a ODraw user settings in Opencpn.ini?
RGFleason, I do not exactly understand your sentence.

I will only say that I saw many users who were victims of bugs arriving on the French forums about OpenCPN. Bugs that often result from updates, either the OpenCPN core or some plugins.
Once problems have appeared, it is not always easy to restore confidence to these users. And that's a lot of damage in the minds of other potential users.

And precisely, a large part of these bugs stem from the fact that the software for uninstalling plugins is too imperfect. They leave too much slag in the initialization file or in the specific folders of each plugin.

If we could improve that as we approach the next version of OpenCPN, that would be really good.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:44   #89

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

[QUOTE=Gilletarom;2546604]Hello RGleason,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
What about a question, do you wish to remove a ODraw user settings in Opencpn.ini?
RGFleason, I do not exactly understand your sentence.

I will only say that I saw many users who were victims of bugs arriving on the French forums about OpenCPN. Bugs that often result from updates, either the OpenCPN core or some plugins.
Once problems have appeared, it is not always easy to restore confidence to these users. And that's a lot of damage in the minds of other potential users.

And precisely, a large part of these bugs stem from the fact that the software for uninstalling plugins is too imperfect. They leave too much slag in the initialization file or in the specific folders of each plugin.

If we could improve that as we approach the next version of OpenCPN, that would be really good.
Gille, I agree. I am just suggesting that the normal UNINSTALL files generally leave untouched
1. User Directory...opencpn/plugins/plugin_name - User edited information.
2. OpenCPN.ini - User settings for the plugin

So would it be confusing to have two questions asked during the execution of the Uninstall-Plugin-name.exe?

The problem basically boils down to do you want to save your plugin users settings and directory or start fresh? There is no one answer that fits everone's situation. Currently the user settings and directory are not touched.

1. Do you want to remove the User edited support directory for the plugin? EG. [windows: c:/programdata/opencpn/plugins/plugin_name] It will be reinitialized when you install the plugin again.

2. Do you want to remove the plugin default settings [opencpn.ini file]? - They will be reintialized when you install the plugin again.

Capche?
Old 02-01-2018, 11:06   #90

[QUOTE=rgleason;2547346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello RGleason,

Gille, I agree. I am just suggesting that the normal UNINSTALL files generally leave untouched
1. User Directory...opencpn/plugins/plugin_name - User edited information.
2. OpenCPN.ini - User settings for the plugin
Capche?
I understand that several steps can be taken by users. But if I ask for such "rigor" during re-installations, it is mainly to reduce the bad re-installations among "alpha users". There is still a user screaming for help on the wire:
OpenCPN Version 4.8.0 Released - Page 14 - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
and Titaantje had asked for help before him.

So you ask :

"1. Do you want to remove the modified support for the plugin? EG. [windows: c: / programdata / opencpn / plugins / plugin_name] It will be reset when you install the plugin again."

Yes

and you ask also:
"2. Do you want to remove the default settings plugin [opencpn.ini file]? - They will be reintialized when you install the plugin again."

Yes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: