Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 16:29   #151

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OCPN Draw 1.4 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by did-g View Post
Ok it's compiled against wx 3.1 but O 4.8.2 is using wx 3.0, I have to figure out why, thanks
Didier...
If you have both on your system, cherry-pick https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_dra...e2c67df8211d60 and use "-DWXWIDGETS_FORCE_VERSION=3.0" to use wx3.0 for the build. Works fine for me with 3.0 and 3.1 both in /usr/local.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:49   #152

Is there a possibility to import KML or GPX data for marked regions? I asked that question, because there is a lot of information available for buoys and there prices for croatia, which I would like to import into opencpn (see Anchorages in Croatia: Map Download).

I tried the standard GPX import, but that creates routes and waypoints instead of areas, that I would like to mark.

Thanks for information (and sorry if this is a stupid question :-)).

br,
Gernot
Jobe_grz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 23:26   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe_grz View Post
Is there a possibility to import KML or GPX data for marked regions? I asked that question, because there is a lot of information available for buoys and there prices for croatia, which I would like to import into opencpn (see Anchorages in Croatia: Map Download).

I tried the standard GPX import, but that creates routes and waypoints instead of areas, that I would like to mark.

Thanks for information (and sorry if this is a stupid question :-)).

br,
Gernot
Think you should add this in the tracker as a feature request, or even add it to FS#2357 - Change the behaviour of waypoints part of a layer
Another option may be is to get it added to the Squiddio plugin
skipperearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 18:18   #154

Boat: Van de Stadt Norman 41
Send a message via Skype™ to daga

The link to the manual gave me 'This topic does not exist yet'.
Dave.
daga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 12:55   #155

I did manage to make opcn_draw to work. My mistake by not installing it correctly.. I had installed it into the plugin folder..Still learning..I'm good now..Thanks
Red2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 15:08   #156

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Kevinh, Perhaps ptulp Peter Tulip will do it for you.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 15:25   #157

You can pm him ptulp
Old 02-05-2018, 06:04   #158

Boat: Lagoon 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by did-g View Post
Ok it's compiled against wx 3.1 but O 4.8.2 is using wx 3.0, I have to figure out why, thanks
Has this issue been sorted yet?

I updated to Opencpn 4.8.4 on my Mac and installed ocpn_draw-Plugin_1.5.4.pkg. It still does not work. The only version that works is ocpn_draw-Plugin_1.4.4.pkg.
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:04   #159

Kevinh, Isn't opencpn v4.8.4 supposed to be using wxwidgets 3.0.2?
Old 17-05-2018, 16:40   #160

Boat: Beneteau 430
Re: OCPN Draw

Can someone advise how I can edit the GPS location of a Boundary point. I have downloaded the Ocpn Draw plugin but unable to edit the position or icon of the boundary point.
Thanks
marathon lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 18:10   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathon lady View Post
Can someone advise how I can edit the GPS location of a Boundary point. I have downloaded the Ocpn Draw plugin but unable to edit the position or icon of the boundary point.
Thanks

The manual will cover this https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...ty:odraw1.4_pi

but briefly, when in Draw Manager with Boundary selected move cursor over a boundary point and right click, then pick properties. You can change the lat long there. (PS: Sorry you just want the lat long. I guess a copy lat/long would be nice.)

Also you can right click, pick Move Boundary point. It is quite intuitive and consistent once you get familiar with it.
Old 17-05-2018, 19:24   #162

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried to change the lat and long but when I click on the existing lat or long the cursor is not displayed in the lat/long box. It will allow me to change the Icon am I doing something wrong.
Russell
Old 18-05-2018, 05:57   #163

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response, I have tried to change the lat and long but when I click on the existing lat or long the cursor is not displayed in the lat/long box. It will allow me to change the Icon am I doing something wrong.
Russell

Russell, I am sorry. You are absolutely right, you cannot change the lat/long fields. They are not editable. You will have to use the right-click "Move Boundary Point" selection.

What are you trying to do exactly?
Is there a feature that you would like to see implemented?

Suggestion:

1. Cut and Paste Waypoint Interoperability: I would like to be able Right-click and pick Copy Lat/Long (to clipboard) in Decimal Degrees and be able to paste the Lat/long into any format (or always have the waypoint recieve Decimal Degrees format and convert it automatically to the format that the plugin or opencpn is using.

2. Make right-click on boundary points > Properties Lat/long editable and allow pasting of lat/long (Decimal Degrees) from clipboard.
Old 20-05-2018, 16:01   #164

Hi, thanks for your response.
On the NE coast of Australia the government has set up no fishing areas called green zones, these zones carry very high fines if you are caught fishing in them.
I want to create a Draw layer that will display these zones. The government provides low res maps that show the Lat and Long of the boundary of the zones.
The government has now announced that the green zones are under review and the boundaries could change.
Being able to edit the lat and long of the draw points will enable easy editing and more accurate position of the boundaries, Once complete I have been asked to share the layer with other users so it must be accurate.
Russell
Old 20-05-2018, 17:04   #165

Boat: EX prawn trawler 14m

Quote:
Hi, thanks for your response.
On the NE coast of Australia the government has set up no fishing areas called green zones, these zones carry very high fines if you are caught fishing in them.
I want to create a Draw layer that will display these zones. The government provides low res maps that show the Lat and Long of the boundary of the zones.
The government has now announced that the green zones are under review and the boundaries could change.
Being able to edit the lat and long of the draw points will enable easy editing and more accurate position of the boundaries, Once complete I have been asked to share the layer with other users so it must be accurate.
Russell
Russell
Have a look at post 5 in this thread.
Jongough the author had been looking to implement excel bulk up load for this purpose.
I vaguely remember skimming over this later in this thread, but as I haven't updated to latest Draw version I cannot confirm.
I would also like to be able to share end results of these green zones.
As Brisvagas is my base the bottom end of QLD is ready for sharing with you once I get back to the salt water where my computers are.
Please PM me and we can discuss further.
Redog
redog is offline   Reply With Quote