Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2017, 04:57   #1

Boat: 10.50 mètres
O461 with "Options/Plugins" empty and grey ?

Hello Dave, hello All,

Here in France, I note several users of O461 who, after new installation, say that "Options / Plugins" displays a gray and empty page.

I obviously have no explanation for them. The only thing we advise is to uninstall OpenCPN and reinstall it. It seems that it works.

Would anyone have an explanation for the multiplication of this kind of problem?

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 05:59   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: O461 with "Options/Plugins" empty and grey ?

Some german report the same (for Windows). Often they have an older version installed and also 4.6.1.
I told them to deinstall all and then install only 4.6.1 which works. Obviously the Windows installer of OpenCPN has a fault.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 06:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Dave, hello All,

Here in France, I note several users of O461 who, after new installation, say that "Options / Plugins" displays a gray and empty page.

I obviously have no explanation for them. The only thing we advise is to uninstall OpenCPN and reinstall it. It seems that it works.

Would anyone have an explanation for the multiplication of this kind of problem?

Gilletarom.
Hi,
A copy of opencpn.conf (or is it .ini on windows?) before and after reinstall would do.

It's unlikely uninstall removes everything like opencpn directory if not empty, stuff in windows registry and so on, so maybe not enough testing on truly new system or again some nasty locale issue ( é è somewhere in path name) .
did-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 06:11   #4

Boat: Valiant 42

If possible get a copy of files opencpn.ini (or .conf on unix variants) & opencpn.log. There will be something there that tells why plugins do not load.

The installer has not changed in a very long time I think. It may be caused by some anti-virus tool or maybe some machine policy setting. It's hard to diagnose without some log files.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plug