Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2013, 20:08   #166

Re: New Grib Presentation

HI Folks thanks ever so muchfo rthe latest update...

Just trying the new grip feature in beta 3.3.420. I love the solution to slow loading of the grib file. loads and runz my zygrib downloaded zip files just fine.

Looks really good the world around when I am using my merged into one directory version of the CM93 R2 Chart the beta version of the program is extremely fast and stable!
RonSouthworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 11:54   #167

Boat: Koopmans, 33 ft cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSouthworth View Post
HI Folks thanks ever so muchfo rthe latest update...

Just trying the new grip feature in beta 3.3.420.
Is there any reason you use the beta instead of the more recent stable release 3.2.0?
Zoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 12:38   #168

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Rick , Sean

Shortly because I have just a phone connexion
1) about the video step option :
The word dangerous is may be a too strong word bur weather forecast is a security aspect of sailing
The fact is when a file as a x hours step and the user select a shorter one, we just show him data who do not exist . Imagine if a map would show sounding calculated from interpolation on the known points? .
I think , (at least for me) that a sailor want to see right data and would prefere interpret by himself if there is no.
I do not know a grib tool who do that (without a warning)
If we forget this and look at the logical , when the interpolate option is not selected, it make no sens to have different step than in the file. In this case the default should be the file step and the slices per hour option desabled
1) slider and play stop button on the first line is already done ,will commit as soon as I will have a connexion
3) the combobox update in the updatetrackingcontrols function : will discuss this later i do not understand ,for me is useless , the conbobox is perfectly updated in any case.May be i miss something?
In addition this update has not the same format

Jean pierre
Ptizef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 13:17   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoef View Post
Is there any reason you use the beta instead of the more recent stable release 3.2.0?
I am using the beta version (under UBUNTU 12.10) mainly just to be able to test the software, hopefully to be a help for the developers and when and as I have time. I am looking at developing some code for calculating bearings and course under sail and sail trim performance. I used to do a lot of c code writing in the mid 80's working on SGP4 modelling software (tracking objects in low and high earth orbits) so to do this sort of stuff you need to be able to perform a lot of trigonometric functions. Stuff to keep my grey matter challenged.
RonSouthworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 15:25   #170

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jean:
Quote:
Video Step -In this case the default should be the file step and the slices per hour option desabled
- I think I agree with you about having the grib open defaulted to the above. Makes good sense. Also it would not be bad to have a small popup or message explain what is happening when slices is turned on. Is there an easy way to show that slices are on when running a grib? (Maybe a '||' showing in red? and when you hover is says slices are on.)

Rick:
Quote:
video step = file step as Jean suggests, but after I change it to interpolate, say 1 hour, I would prefer that it stay at that setting, unless I change it.
Jean:
Quote:
1) slider and play stop button on the first line is already done ,will commit as soon as I will have a connexion
Great
Jean:
Quote:
3) the combobox update in the updatetrackingcontrols function : will discuss this later i do not understand ,for me is useless , the conbobox is perfectly updated in any case.May be i miss something?
Jean do not understand what "combobox update in the updatetrackingcontrols function" and am going to have to look at the program to understand.
  1. I have looked at the program, and I think you are refering to the 'Grib Settings' where there is Playback settings and Display settings.
  2. The Display settings have a Dropdown box which selects each of the Data Types (Wind, Gust, Pressure, Wave, Current, Cloud cover, Precipatation, Air Temp, Sea Temp)
  3. When a Data Type is selected the settings for that data type show below and can be changed whereupon they are saved (either in a matrix array or back to the ini file, I don't know)
  4. Each Data Type has its own unique set of settings which are saved.
  5. Jean maybe you will explain this for us, what is it and why is it usless? Thanks.

Sean:
Quote:
Another thought: maybe precipitation and cloud cover maps could optionally be transparent as part of the map. This would allow them to work with other overlays better, and also give a better display.

An option for setting the transparency of the overlay is a good plan, but I think it can only work with opengl.
Sean makes some interesting points. The reason I would like the transparent control is in Windows, the overlay for seatemp, currents, etc, is a little dark so you cannot see the chart or wind arrows underneath.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 17:55   #171

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSouthworth View Post
I am looking at developing some code for calculating bearings and course under sail and sail trim performance.
This is probably more relevant to the weather routing plugin:
https://github.com/seandepagnier/weather_routing_pi
See Boat.cpp and BoatPlan.cpp. There is infinite work to be done. Please continue discussion in that thread.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 18:08   #172

This might be a potential enhancement to grib downloads? Or should it be in weatherfax?
Re: New IAC Fleetcode Plugin for OpenCPN
by CBorchardt
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...cpn-71242.html
Old 04-05-2013, 19:19   #173

Reinstall the possibility to manage mail parameters
Jean Pierre (merged 7 hrs ago)

No milestone
No one is assigned

When clicking on the "mail" button in the main grib dialog, the write/send dialog is open allowing to set the different request parameters.
-Changing the model will enable/disable the different parameters according to this model.
At the bottom the mail is displayed as it will be sent. Each time a parameters is changed the mail is re-written.
There are three buttons
"cancel" to exit without action off course
"save" to save the setting and exit
"send" to send the mail . we stay in the dialog . the mail is replaced by a message (in red) and the button "send" disappear .
If a parameters is changed , the button comes back allowing to send a new mail
There are two messages : one if succeed and one if not .
All the error messages coming from the mail functions if there are failures are directed to the log file.
attached two shots

Jean Pierre

Old 04-05-2013, 19:21   #174

Download Windows Plugin files from Plugin Threads (List) Post #23
Old 05-05-2013, 01:04   #175

Tried latest grib plugin today. Pitzef, Great, work and sorry you had to redo some stuff. Thanks for the play/pause icons. Only thing is, it is difficult to make some changes when you edit GribUIDialogBase directly since this is a generated file. Would it be possible to use wxformbuilder instead? Otherwise if you do not wish to use this tool for say the email dialog, then that logic should be in a separate file so that the generated files can be regenerated. Putting the timeline slider on the same row is a good idea to conserve screen space, however it currently needs to expand the slider when the combo box is already wide enough. I need to regenerate the files to do this.
Old 05-05-2013, 14:35   #176

Boat: Amel Sharki

wxFormBuilder although available for several platforms does not generate correct code for any platform and especially not for wxWidgets 2.9.x as needed e.g. for Mac OS X. So please be carefull when using wxFormBuilder.
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 15:55   #177

I have used wxformbuilder with wx-2.9 without any issues. What is the specific problem you had?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40   #178

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
I have used wxformbuilder with wx-2.9 without any issues. What is the specific problem you had?
At least the Mac OS X version of wxFormBuilder generates wrong code for Sizers e.g. Compiling your code generated by your *.fbp files have to be corrected by hand to avoid plenty of Asserts.
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47   #179

Boat: Phantom 19

Gerhard...
Thank you, but would you mind posting an example or a link to such? Don't know how Sean, but I'm still no smarter from knowing just that that it's "wrong".

Many thanks

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 14:59   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
At least the Mac OS X version of wxFormBuilder generates wrong code for Sizers e.g. Compiling your code generated by your *.fbp files have to be corrected by hand to avoid plenty of Asserts.
This sounds like a bug in wxformbuilder, so I would rather we fix that program.