Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2016, 08:11   #1

Boat: 1995 Seaward 25
New computer, new installation, new issue with OpenCPN

Hello all! I have been using OpenCPN for about 3 or 4 years now and transitioned through about 3 TabletPC's and program updates over that time. My latest (HP Elite X2 1012) just replaced a broken one of the same model. Before it got busticated I had just downloaded all of the Army Corps of Engineers charts for the inland waterways of the Great Loop.

When I got my new one about a week ago I started installing all my usual stuff to get it ready to go for work and such and, of course, installed OpenCPN as well. I pointed it to my directory with all my Vector and Raster charts as usual and then I unzipped all the inland waterways I had downloaded into a directory I called iENC and linked to it as well.

The good news is that I have access to all of the stuff just like before including the new inland waterways. Pretty slick actually! The weird stuff is that my display of vector charts is now covered with a watermark that looks like small ovals with a "U" in them. The raster charts are fine.

I searched the manual without luck. I searched the forums here without luck. I did an internet wide search and found nothing. Now my brain is playing tricks on me...were these here before and I just did not notice them? I don't think so and all the screen shots in the documentation do not show this situation.

Issue with my video card? Issue with my charts? Issue with my installation or configuration? Any clue what the "U" may indicate?
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 08:37   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: New computer, new installation, new issue with OpenCPN

In Options under Vector charts you have enabled "chart information objects" and under object types "Quality of survey" checked. Uncheck the latter.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 09:36   #3

Boat: 1995 Seaward 25
Re: New computer, new installation, new issue with OpenCPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
In Options under Vector charts you have enabled "chart information objects" and under object types "Quality of survey" checked. Uncheck the latter.
Thank you!

Actually under the Display Category I had checked "All" which may be the same thing as Mariner's Standard with all items selected. I changed to Mariner's Standard and unchecked the Quality of Data and *poof*, the U is gone!
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, installation, opencpn