Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2019, 12:17   #46

Boat: Bounty 257 Offshore Pilot
Re: Lowrance 4G Radar, HDS-Gen3 Wi-Fi, & OpenCPN

I'm pretty sure mine picked it up automatically....

I was fully prepared to go to the Connections and have to set up a Ethernet connection, but I didn't have to.

I did have to make sure I had a Connection set up to receive my Position & Heading data for Radar Overlay.

I am currently using the Built-In Wifi on the HDS Gen3. I bet this would be the same on your NSS12 EVO3.

BTW: Are you saying you have 2 regular computer style Ethernet ports on your MFD?

MRArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 12:48   #47

Boat: Najad 34

Ivanm..
Yes, try first to connect to a Ethernet port on the NSS12 EVO and see what's happening.
There is nothing to set up more than to check that RPi eth0 gets connected. If not check you have set it to automatic DHCP.
For radar_pi you've to select a 4G radar and, if needed, in O right click menu select "Show radar info" or "Control Navico 4G"
The connection tab has nothing to do with this. If there is a 4G radar on a network radar_pi will find it.

If it's not working try to connect the Ethernet cable from the radar antenna direct to RPi, instead of to the MFD, for a test.
Good luck
Håkan

Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 14:25   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRArnold View Post
I'm pretty sure mine picked it up automatically....

I was fully prepared to go to the Connections and have to set up a Ethernet connection, but I didn't have to.

I did have to make sure I had a Connection set up to receive my Position & Heading data for Radar Overlay.

I am currently using the Built-In Wifi on the HDS Gen3. I bet this would be the same on your NSS12 EVO3.

BTW: Are you saying you have 2 regular computer style Ethernet ports on your MFD?
Not regular ethernet ports but those round yellow connectors.
Ivanm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 11:27   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Ivanm..
Yes, try first to connect to a Ethernet port on the NSS12 EVO and see what's happening.
There is nothing to set up more than to check that RPi eth0 gets connected. If not check you have set it to automatic DHCP.
For radar_pi you've to select a 4G radar and, if needed, in O right click menu select "Show radar info" or "Control Navico 4G"
The connection tab has nothing to do with this. If there is a 4G radar on a network radar_pi will find it.

If it's not working try to connect the Ethernet cable from the radar antenna direct to RPi, instead of to the MFD, for a test.
Good luck
Håkan
Connected to the second ethernet connection on my MFD worked first time thanks.

Ivanm is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn, radar