Xinutop-nav OS 4.0 is a Linux marine
specialised disribution, including standard and lite applications from the Xfce family
, and marine
- geBabbel: transfert and convert datas to and from many GPS
- Hamfax: receive and display fax meteo from SSB radio
, via soundcard or TNC.
, tides, grib files, GPS
interface and others datas navigation
- PolarCOM: Virtual instrumentation, from NMEA
- Xtide: numeric and graphical display tides, worldwide coverage.
- zyGrib: download and display meteo files grib downloaded from internet
- Advanced users can find on http://marinux.pk973.org
how to mix and split NMEA
datas to and from any source.
This release is made with care of simplicity, weight, efficiency, and can run from several devices (HDD, USB, Flash) on a wide variety of i386 compliant computers
, and specially for low power
processors. The system image has a size of ~ 330Mo and the occupation memory after the first boot is about 100Mo.
It is based on (X)Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" including the lrd scripts from Gauvain Pocentek for Linutop OS 4.0 and borrow:
- the same robust architecture (squashfs filesystem, no write access).
- the persistent mode, allowing to keep datas in live mode.
- the restore mode, allowing to restore exactly the original system.
In this release, Linutop software
are quoted, but I am not employee by this company. However, I believe in the future of lite, simple and power-efficient computing, and for me, Linutop has the best hard and soft approach. See at www.linutop.com
2010 Free Software
Foundation, Inc. License
GPL version 3 or later [ The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) ]
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
beta software, tested with Ubuntu 10.4, use it as your own risks !
Webcom Kourou 2012
(hosted by www.linutop.com
OTHERS (Muplex, OSD_Depth)
Muplex - OSD_Depth