Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2017, 03:50   #1

Issues / Bugs with OpenCPN since 4.0.0

Hello,

I had OpenCPN running on a Raspberry PI B+, then Raspberry PI 2 and now on a Raspberry PI 3. Since the 2nd model I have the 7" DSI (official) Display attached.

I write this post, because it seems that noone is using OpenCPN on a PI, just with a touch interface.

It seems that the only usable version is 4.2.0. even it has this touch-panning bug.
It happens sometimes if you touch the screen and want to move the map around. Sometimes the center of the map jumps to the previous mouse pointer position. This makes it impossible to slide the map around because once you touch the screen and the map is moved without sliding. After 5..10 times it's suddently possible to slide the map around correctly. I can confirm this with:
- raspbian wheezy and jessy
- on the RPI 2 and 3
- on the "official" 7" DSI Display and a 11" touch HDMI Display
This issue is also independent from the settings in the OpenCPN options

Next Issue happening in OpenCPN 4.4.0.
In the hotbar the buttons did not work all times. I had the idea that they are kinda pulled and you have to touch them in the right moment.

This Issue became much worse in 4.6.0. Here the hotbar seems to work perfectly at first, but suddenly stops working completely. Interesting: If you click on the hotbar using a normal mouse, then it works. It just does not work by touching on the screen?

I tested this with and without OpenGL, using several memory settings - this problem does not change at all. So I guess those are bugs in OpenCPN?
kutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn