Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2017, 07:42   #1

Boat: Seaward 22
How do you un-install OpenCPN from an iMac?

I tried to follow Flyspray's instructions on adding something to tracker. The problem I am having is finding the elusive "Tracker button", it's not in the browser and it's not on OpenCPN. (This is from my Tide data issues).

Latest issue is with the Routes and Mark Manager. I can't get the spreadsheet to open when I select a route (this is a new development). I have un-installed (moved OpenCPN to the trash) and re-installed multiple times. I finally just deleted all of my routes and then uploaded them from a file I have on desktop that I used to upload to Garmin Basecamp to upload to my Etrex20 (which worked). The waypoints are displayed on the chart but the Routes and Waypoints Manager will not open the route spreadsheet.

What is the best way to do a clean un-install of OpenCPN?

Thanks.
Seaward22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 07:57   #2

Boat: Seaward 22
Re: How do you un-install OpenCPN from an iMac?

Finally got the Routes & Waypoint Manager to work. I clicked on properties which displayed the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will now open from just clicking on the route (which is how it used to work).

Still would like to do a clean un-install.
Seaward22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 09:57   #3

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: How do you un-install OpenCPN from an iMac?

Reinstalling a software is something for Windows people. If a software doesn't work correct with a Mac then reinstalling doesn't help.

Also it doesn't help to write bug descriptions into the Tracker. The bugs are still there and will not be fixed. There are several hundred bug descriptions without any actions already.

OpenCPN un-installs on a Mac like any other software: Simply move it to trash. However OpenCPN left behind some files in the users Preferences folders. To also delete such files use the AppCleaner.app. It is free and do the job.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn