Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2014, 06:59   #1

Boat: Sabre 42
Grib Display Control Panel??

I've tried searching this forum, but couldn't find an answer, so here goes: I'm using opencpn 3.3.2 on a dell pc. I've enabled the grib plugin, but when I click on it on the tool bar, the grib display control panel only shows my grib file directory. There is no "smart and compact dialog" as per the users manual. So, I can see my grib files on my computer, but I have no way of accessing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ChicagoKestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 07:50   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Grib Display Control Panel??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoKestrel View Post
I've tried searching this forum, but couldn't find an answer, so here goes: I'm using opencpn 3.3.2 on a dell pc. I've enabled the grib plugin, but when I click on it on the tool bar, the grib display control panel only shows my grib file directory. There is no "smart and compact dialog" as per the users manual. So, I can see my grib files on my computer, but I have no way of accessing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ChicagoKestrel...
I'm not sure I understand you, maybe you can post a screenshot of your problem? - But first make sure that you are reading the 3.2 (there was no 3.3.2, so I suppose you use the stable 3.2.2 release) manual bundled with your installation and not the one online at opencpn.org, which describes the latest beta version where the grib plugin is heavily modified.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 08:16   #3

Boat: Sabre 42
Re: Grib Display Control Panel??

Thanks! Yes, you're right. I was reading the online manual on my mac while playing with opencpn on the pc. The manual that was bundled with this version does look like what I see. However, where it says "Click on the ">" in front of the grib file" I do not see the > symbol. However, you have put me in the right direction, thanks.
ChicagoKestrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, rib