Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2012, 13:36   #16

Re: GPSD not working - OSX

Dave,

I got the cmake and make sorted out and just had a quick look at the nmea.cpp around line 457 above:

dlerror -> dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libgps.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /opt/local/lib/libgps.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture <-

The lib in question is...
/opt/local/lib/libgps.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

Peter
baerentp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 14:53   #17
Marine Service Provider

Peter....

OK, good snooping.
I have no idea how this 32/64 lib stuff works on Mac. I suppose the standard GPSD library as supplied is 64 bit. What about us poor 32 bit apps?

Anyone?
Dave
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 02:20   #18

Boat: Amel Sharki

Peter,

I suppose you have installed gpsd the wrong way. At least when I read your description how you have done it.
Use MacPorts with the command "sudo port install gpsd +universal" after you have deinstalled your former attemps.
So you get an universal libgps for 32bit and for 64bit. The word universal is a little bit misleading for people new to OS X. Before Leopard it means the program is usable for PPC and Intel and after Leopard it means the program is usable for Intel 32bit (i386) and Intel 64bit (x86_64). Rosetta does not exist anymore.

A word to Dave:
It is also misleading when you use in your code ifdefs for wxWidgets 2.9 but in later updates and new implementations forget about this.
In wxWidgets 2.9 the OpenGL behavior has changed as mentoined in the docs:
"Notice that versions of wxWidgets previous to 2.9 used to implicitly create a wxGLContext inside wxGLCanvas itself. This is still supported in the current version but is deprecated now and will be removed in the future, please update your code to create the rendering contexts explicitly."

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 02:25   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Peter....

OK, good snooping.
I have no idea how this 32/64 lib stuff works on Mac. I suppose the standard GPSD library as supplied is 64 bit. What about us poor 32 bit apps?

Anyone?
Dave
You poor 32 bit'ers need to go looking for more bits to add :-)

Ok - a workaround is to build the gpsd for i386 architecture on the OSX 10.7.

Thanks for your help in getting me on the right track...

Peter
Old 17-07-2012, 02:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Peter,

I suppose you have installed gpsd the wrong way. At least when I read your description how you have done it.
Use MacPorts with the command "sudo port install gpsd +universal" after you have deinstalled your former attemps.
So you get an universal libgps for 32bit and for 64bit. The word universal is a little bit misleading for people new to OS X. Before Leopard it means the program is usable for PPC and Intel and after Leopard it means the program is usable for Intel 32bit (i386) and Intel 64bit (x86_64). Rosetta does not exist anymore.

A word to Dave:
It is also misleading when you use in your code ifdefs for wxWidgets 2.9 but in later updates and new implementations forget about this.
In wxWidgets 2.9 the OpenGL behavior has changed as mentoined in the docs:
"Notice that versions of wxWidgets previous to 2.9 used to implicitly create a wxGLContext inside wxGLCanvas itself. This is still supported in the current version but is deprecated now and will be removed in the future, please update your code to create the rendering contexts explicitly."

Gerhard
Gerhard,

You are so right - I did not use macports for gpsd... big mistake :-)

Thanks - Peter
Old 17-07-2012, 15:42   #21
Marine Service Provider

Gerhard....

As I read that note, the current implementation will work on 2.9, though deprecated.
Do you find that to be the case?

We will need to update the implementation for wxWidgets 3.0, presumably.

So, all in good time.

Thanks for the reminder.
Dave
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote