Hello hasse_A. I was able to get the radar and plugin talking about an hour ago. It's plotting nicely and I confirmed the detected objects are plotting properly.
I had to do the following:
* Cross-over cable
* Ethernet adapter switch as instructed between the radar and the computer (with it closed)
* Set the IP address of the computer to 172.16.1.1, 255.255.240.0 and no gateway
* You might have to take down the windows firewall and your antivirus firewall, but I did not have to.
* I used a USB Prolific GPS
for input and had this properly setup and receiving
* I had to enable the plugin, of course.
* A right mouse click on the screen
, especially to the side or top of the screen
will pull up a menu. Click on Garmin
Radar Control. The control will then pop-up with a host of menus of its own.
* On the top of the radar control menu, select Master
* If you see the radar standby = 2, and Tx On appear on the logs
, you know it is working and will begin to start graphing.
* I'm not sure what the proper sequence of opening and closing things, but I could reliably get it to work every time with a few opens and closes of the radar. I would love to be precise here, but I just got this working a short while ago.
Clicking on the radar control seems to do nothing. But the dot on the control will turn green just as the data starts to come over. I hope this was helpful. Thanks for working on this.