Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-12-2014, 11:03   #1711
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vagabond 47
Re: Feature Requests

Gerhard,
thank you for the hint plugin is of 6/2014. Sure it will solve the problem but looking at the bunch of plugins.... yesd a good idea... I'm on the way to make an own for radio and weather communictions. easy to program a plugin but the problem is.... too much plugins to check and a lot of good function should be in the basic codes options.

Again thanks for the hint

willi
moseriw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 13:13   #1712

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Regarding the need for an alarm on loss of gps, Sean has created Watchdog plugin for just this purpose. Please try it. It will check for ant nmea signal including gps position. And many other necessary alarms.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 13:17   #1713

For item #2 get Watchdog plugin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 17-12-2014, 07:07   #1714

Hello, I wonder if it's possible to make a guidance plugin? Possibly when entering a zone a picture, video or text pops up?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Tommylun89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 07:39   #1715

Boat: Najad 34

Hi
This is to contribute to the discussion of a possible support for transverse Mercator raster charts.
Apart from the rather new charts privately produced for cruising areas also Swedish chart authorities has since long time used that projection for small scales. It's mostly specials for harbours etc and are made in the scale 30000 or less. These charts are often in Gauss projection and OCPN report them to be Transverse Mercator.
I haven't checked how many of these chart are available for the Swedish coast but my very quick guess is around 50.
While using WinXP it's not a problem to view them but as discussed before they are not quilted and therefore only the background chart is seen around. See pic.
Of course it's a challenge to mix these charts with "normal" rasters but since the size is very seldom more then one NM the extension error will have low impact?

The good thing with this beta is that the new zoom level slider allows me to adjust when a shift to the Gauss chart shall occur. By using a low value, for me -3, it's possible to avoid the background chart appearance as much as possible. That's a great improvement!

This post shall not be seen as prioritized task but more as a contribution to any further discussions in this issue. But if someone get the idea to code it I would support that very much.

Thanks
Håkan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gauss chart.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	93791  
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10   #1716

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Sounds. We have 1 bell, 2 bells, 3 bells... 8 bells. Why not just have 1 bell, or maybe 1 and 2, and use code to repeat?
I am seriously missing the traditional way of playing the bells, i.e. increasing the double bells by 1 every hour, up to 4 doubles at 0, 4, 8, 12... etc. The current beta just seems to strike a single at half or a double at full-hour, so one still needs to look at the watch when waking up early...

Also, the Spitfire would not taste so good anymore at "The Eight Bells" pub in Dover...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8bells_Dover_S.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	94811   Click image for larger version

Name:	8bells_inside_S.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	94812  

PjotrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:39   #1717
Formerly: Capt Wraun

Boat: Corbin39 CC Cutter Rig

Sorry if this has been said before but how about more options for instrument display. My new Maretron sensors offer data that no other program (other than the expensive N2KView program) will display. Paricularly, I'm having trouble finding a program that will display water temp from the dst110 and Atmospheric pressure, Air temperature and Relative humidity from the wso100. Given the growth in technology in this department, there are most likely other data sets from other sensors that are being missed as well.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:58   #1718

Boat: Phantom 19

SRN...
OpenCPN has no direct support for NMEA2000, you have to convert the data to NME0183.
If you do so, please capture the message stream using the VDR plugin, if possible get some documentation for the messages in it not being handled, and open a feature request in the tracker linked from the openpn.org homepage.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 17:02   #1719
Marine Service Provider

PjotrC...

Hmmm....
On my linux system, Bells work fine.
I just heard 8 bells, at 2000 local, coming from a test system running unattended. 3.3.2503 build.

What is your environment?
Anyone else not hearing bells?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:08   #1720

Dave, yes I have also noticed bells problem on windows XP and 7. Just now at 10:00 only got "ding ding" on each machine. Thanks, Ian.
dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:08   #1721

Re: bells...

Win7 and Vista here. Both strike just one single or double.

Moreover, on my Vista the double bell sound is mutilated (cut short?) since the bells count change. Other alarm sounds are OK. On Win7 the double bell sound itself is OK.

Thanks for listening...
Old 06-01-2015, 04:10   #1722

Quote:
Originally Posted by PjotrC View Post
on my Vista the double bell sound is mutilated (cut short?) since the bells count change
The double bells sound plays OK if selected and tested via AIS alarm, just somehow mutilated by the clockwork mechanism ...
Old 06-01-2015, 09:27   #1723
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Forgive me if this is old news, but the audio subsystems in WindowsNT changed, when XP was replaced by Vista. So Vista, Win7, and later versions often do not treat audio the same way that XP and earlier versions did.

I'm not aware of all the details but among them, the newer systems allow for separate audio streams, each with a different mute/volume, and "better than CD" 24-bit audio as well.

FWIW.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 13:00   #1724
Marine Service Provider

Feature Requests: Seabed mapping plugin.

Today GPS navigation is pretty acurate and a lot of boats also has decent echo sounders. It would be great to have a plugin capable of doing seabed mapping from GPS and echosounder data and display these data in realtime with the possibility and to upload and share these data with other users. This could also include 3D animation of the collected data in realtime.

There is an commercial application doing this for the profesional market called OLEX Olex: Main Page who is really nice, but this application is far to expensive for the average pleasure sailor since it is aimed at the professional marke - they also have a large userbase sharing seabed mapping done with that application, see this link for areas with shared seabed maps: http://www.olex.no/dybdekart_e.html
A plugin that will do the same on opencpn do not seem to be to complicated and if the collected data can be shared with others like Openseamap OpenSeaMap: Startseite it will also gain other opensource projects . To be able to get a large userbase fast, it will be important that the plugin will work with all kinds of chart types used by Opencpn so that you can collect seabottom profiles whatever chart type you use that is supported by Opencpn.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 16:11   #1725

Read
https://github.com/nohal/survey_pi
You will see some familiar things.