Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-02-2014, 02:45   #1576

Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
David Flater over at Xtide does an excellent job of publishing yearly updates of US tidal data. They contain

You will find the latest file here: ftp://ftp.flaterco.com/xtide/harmoni...8-free.tar.bz2. The file harmonics-dwf-20131228-free.tcd is direct usable in OpenCPN as is.

Why not expand your coverage to include the rest of the UKHO charts for OpenCPN, recently released by VMH ?

Thomas
Thanks for the reference.

There may be a misunderstanding. The VisitMyHarbour plugin will show tidal diamond information on charts throughout the UK/Irish Sea. Irish Sea coverage is not as good because of limitations of OpenCPN standard port information. Dover is the reference port for tidal diamonds in areas distant from the English Channel. There are 15 other OpenCPN 'standard' ports with tidal diamond information linked to them as well, usually for a particular area.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tidalcurrent2.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	76362   Click image for larger version

Name:	tidalcurrent1.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	76363  

Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 20:26   #1577

how to add my data HARMONIC.IDX tidal currents?
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 02:18   #1578

Baikal,

OpenCPN HARMONIC.IDX does not contain tidal currents for the UK, only the USA.

Mike
Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:13   #1579

Boat: Oneoff
input multiplexer

Hoi everybody,

I'm working on a AIS programmer plugin, and now I find that if a nmea sentence is send to the AIS for say setting the voyage data ($xxVSD), the AIS is replying with a $AIVSD sentence to confirm the new settings.
O is then echoing this sentence back to the AIS, witch will set the values and reply again etc etc.
Now is it obviously possible to make a filter to overcome this, but I was considering that it might be easier to add a checkbox to prevent sending echo's back to the talker when checked.
This could also prevent a lot off unneeded nmea traffic.
WKR
Dirk
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 19:45   #1580

Hi David! I have two questions about the program: 1 - is it possible to increase the width of the line HDG? How to change the line color? Thank you for making this program, I am working on the river fleet in Krasnoyarsk on the Yenisei, the program can be very useful for navigation! Thanks in advance for your answers. Regards Andrew Veremei! Sorry for bad english translate using a translation: Banghead:
Andrey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 09:46   #1581

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey24 View Post
Hi David! I have two questions about the program: 1 - is it possible to increase the width of the line HDG? How to change the line color? Thank you for making this program, I am working on the river fleet in Krasnoyarsk on the Yenisei, the program can be very useful for navigation! Thanks in advance for your answers. Regards Andrew Veremei! Sorry for bad english translate using a translation: Banghead:
Have a look in the wiki, Setting Options | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Quote:
The width of the COG Predictor can be adjusted in the opencpn.ini configuration file. Find the line below and adjust the value.
OwnshipCOGPredictorWidth=3
Warning: Don't edit to the opencpn.ini (opencpn.conf) file when OpenCPN is running.
This feature works with the latest 3.3 beta release.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 06:09   #1582

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Hi,

I was wondering if a field for average daily cruising hours could be added to the route manager.
On a coastal trip one might just want to sail during daylight or on a holiday just for a few hours.

So that feature would ease up rough planning of a cruise. That should be not to complicated to add, no?

What do you think?

Cheerio,

Franziska
Old 25-03-2014, 10:15   #1583

By the way alternative or complementary to the above wish, how about the chance to group routes?
On longer trips that would be very helpful!
Old 25-03-2014, 10:43   #1584

I'll let the developers give you a qualified answer, but don't forget that O's use of the gpx file format, which has become a de facto standard among many chartplotters and handheld GPSs, facilitates the easy transfer of routes, tracks, and waypoints to/from these devices. If new features were added that deviate from this standard, some of that compatibility may be lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
By the way alternative or complementary to the above wish, how about the chance to group routes?
On longer trips that would be very helpful!
I already do this by simply saving certain groups of routes into the same gpx file. Then I can call them up all together by opening the one gpx file.
Quote:
I was wondering if a field for average daily cruising hours could be added to the route manager.
On a coastal trip one might just want to sail during daylight or on a holiday just for a few hours...
You can enter (and perhaps save) an average speed with each route, and this gives you an average cruising time. Doesn't this accomplish the same thing?
RhythmDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 11:07   #1585

Hi RythmDoctor,

nice nic by the way.

I did not think about the compatability issue. Maybe one can implement the grouping, but bypass this when exporting.
Well, adding a group button is a lot userfriendly then tinkering with files. No?
Still, I see your point.

Regarding the average speed and daily sailing hours. If you know your boats average speed and set that one, and you could then set average cruising hours per day on top, you could see appoximate daily trips more easily, no?

Thanks anyway, Franzi
Old 25-03-2014, 17:25   #1586

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch
Thumbs down Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Hi,

On a coastal trip one might just want to sail during daylight or on a holiday just for a few hours.

So that feature would ease up rough planning of a cruise. That should be not to complicated to add, no?

What do you think?

Cheerio,

Franziska
I think this is more 'logbook' features than encumbering the basic program with features of interest to a few.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 09:05   #1587

Boat: BENETEAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
I think this is more 'logbook' features than encumbering the basic program with features of interest to a few.

Terry
Hi,

Completely on line with that remark.

Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 05:51   #1588

Raised an issue with night mode.
FS#1355
Support GLONASS receivers
FS#1356
Old 27-03-2014, 06:03   #1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baikal View Post
Raised an issue with night mode.
FS#1355
Quote:
1. when you click on it the night mode works only with the second click. Should be Twilight > Night > Day.
Actually this is not entirely accurate. The first click does create a slight dimming effect. Subsequent clicks create additional dimming. Current design is Early Twilight > Late Twilight > Night > Day. I would prefer to keep it this way, since I have used the early twilight setting.
RhythmDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 06:34   #1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDoctor View Post
Actually this is not entirely accurate. The first click does create a slight dimming effect. Subsequent clicks create additional dimming. Current design is Early Twilight > Late Twilight > Night > Day. I would prefer to keep it this way, since I have used the early twilight setting.
Example please use early twilight with the screen!
early twilight Nowhere in ECS!

ENC on maps I do not see any action early twilight.
The main problem is the Night mode that prevents frame not completely darkening OS interface