Happy Seagull, thanks, found Toolbox/Etc/ "Lock all waypoints unless a waypoint property dialogue is present." - I do not know if this will prove to be cumbersome but will try it.
- I would have expected "waypoint/mark" location locking to be a property of each waypoint/mark, and still think it should be so. Also why wouldn't waypoint locking appear under Route
Manager / Properties, perhaps as a lock/unlock for each mark, just like the eye/no eye in the Route
- It appears that the dialogue box for Mark/Waypoint right mouse click which has a check box to show names, is not accessible from Route Properties dialogue box. It seems to me that individual waypoints listed in Route Properties should when clicked, pop up the Mark Properties dialogue.
- Also it makes sense that the user be able to select a number of waypoints from the Route Properties dialogue to be able check the "Show name" box.
Would still like Range and Bearing tools, which create RBL notations on the chart, more fully featured than "measure"
Have found mouse highlight Mark, right click, select "Mark/Waypoint properties".
Would like the properties to be expanded to include:
1. Range rings - user selected distance in NM, feet, meters, etc
2. Range ring color - user select
3. Range ring weight - 1,2,3 etc
4. User selection to turn it into an alarm
(like the anchor
alarm) but with a selection of "None, inside, or outside"
Then would like a button for "New/Add Mark" which would utilize the new mark properties for Range and add an Arrow and line for bearing. The range and bearing arrow should be adjustable visually from the chart by hover and left mouse button, same for the location of the RBL, I think.
I appreciate the more direct nature of the interface, and perhaps this is a philosophical aspect of software
interface design that I should not get into.
However there are some features that would be very useful.