Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 16-05-2018, 14:32   #2626

Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
I doubt that doing so would be much assistance in navigating due to the poor resolution.

Terry
We use EOSDIS to check on the sea ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	169908  
Captain_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 05:01   #2627

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

I agree with Terry, but to answer your question. Yes, learn to use Weatherfax_pi which will overlay many types of images.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Bobby View Post
Is there a way to overlay E
OSDIS satellite
images?
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 12:34   #2628

Good day all,
Will someone doing the programmation wake-up soon concerning the time zone for many countries that do not us anymore the Daylight Saving Time that has been included in the tidal part for using with the Harmonics? It is important that this be correted.
Best regards.
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 22:04   #2629

Boat: Nauticat 32

Request for Dashboard:

In Options>Plugins>Dashboard>Preferences>Appearance can there be a temperature option for ºC/ºF? We can change all the other parameters, so temp would be nice also.
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 03:08   #2630

Good idea, would you mind posting this in Tracker under Dashboard so we won't loose it?

go to opencpn.org upper menu bar to the right find Tracker. You shoulld register and then log in. Pick "pi - Dashboard" from the dropdown. Then title it and post as a Feature Request. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereus32 View Post
Request for Dashboard:

In Options>Plugins>Dashboard>Preferences>Appearance can there be a temperature option for ºC/ºF? We can change all the other parameters, so temp would be nice also.
Old 01-06-2018, 22:27   #2631

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereus32 View Post
Request for Dashboard:

I will work on this. But realize that O displays temp using the units from the instrument itself. It does not enforce any units. You should be able to change it from C to F in the instrument or sensor and O will change accordingly.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:09   #2632

P_Dub,
You've made this request quite often. Since this project is powered by a volunteer army, and since you have an interest in this, perhaps you can provide a comprehensive list of all the countries that do not use Daylight Savings time? That would be a first step, but who is going to keep track of and maintain this list? Then I guess you should add that list to your tracker Feature Request.

PHP Code:
correted 
corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
Good day all,
Will someone doing the programmation wake-up soon concerning the time zone for many countries that do not us anymore the Daylight Saving Time that has been included in the tidal part for using with the Harmonics? It is important that this be correted.
Best regards.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:38   #2633

2 times actually, you said corrected, where can we have the file.
Because, so many country are not using anymore the DST, it would be interresting to have it corrected.
Good day.

Note:- I did send to one of you the file that seems OK coming from WTides.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:15   #2634

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
2 times actually, you said corrected, where can we have the file.
Because, so many country are not using anymore the DST, it would be interresting to have it corrected.
Good day.

Note:- I did send to one of you the file that seems OK coming from WTides.
P_Dub
  1. You can use your own harmonics for years, so I'm sorry but I do not understand what your problem is shall you need other/newer dataset than the one distributed with OpenCPN.
  2. What is WTides?
  3. What exactly do you want us to do? I don not understand it from your posts calling "programmers" to do "something".

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:46   #2635

Pavel
WTides is a Windows version of XTide and I suppose you can find the same time zone data file in Xtide. The DST (Daylight saving time) is not use in many country anymore, but OpenCpn keep on using it. So is it too difficult to update the file. If so forget it.
Best regards.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51   #2636

Quote:
Pavel
WTides is a Windows version of XTide and I suppose you can find the same time zone data file in Xtide. The DST (Daylight saving time) is not use in many country anymore, but OpenCpn keep on using it. So is it too difficult to update the file. If so forget it.
Best regards.
As an expert on the subject, I suppose you are aware of what the contents of current harmonic data from XTide are (and https://www.flaterco.com/xtide/faq.html#60 explaining why). I am afraid people outside of US would not be very happy if we replaced the current default dataset with it...
If you need to use other dataset for some location you can very easily, so I still do not understand what the supposed problem you keep bringing over and over again actually is.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:19   #2637
mrm

Boat: crew on Bavaria 38 Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
[...]but who is going to keep track of and maintain this (UTC offset) list?[...]

A possible source of maintained time zone offset data could be java.util.TimeZone. A way to extract this data is shown here: https://pastebin.com/2WR8gLiJ
Don't know if it is legal to use this data outside a Java app though.
Otoh, this source should be maintained as long as Java continues to exist.
mrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 04:41   #2638

Ability to Filter AIS Targets in the AIS target list

In the AIS target list, it would be helpful to have a filter option to show/hide specific "Classes" of targets.

When viewing the list, AtoN's frequently fill the list making sorting of actual "Vessels" difficult and the list cluttered. The ability to turn off/on a filter that lets you select which Class of AIS targets to show (A, B, AtoN, Base) would be helpful.

Simple implementation: A checkbox labeled "Hide Non Vessels" which would filter out AtoN and Base Classes. (And any others that are non-vessel)

Medium implementation: A list of the various "Class"es with checkboxes to show/hide them.

Complex implementation: A method to filter based on any of the AIS data points as some users would possibly want to filter on other criteria.
MarineAdvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 04:43   #2639

Re: Ability to Filter AIS Targets in the AIS target list

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineAdvisor View Post
In the AIS target list, it would be helpful to have a filter option to show/hide specific "Classes" of targets.

When viewing the list, AtoN's frequently fill the list making sorting of actual "Vessels" difficult and the list cluttered. The ability to turn off/on a filter that lets you select which Class of AIS targets to show (A, B, AtoN, Base) would be helpful.

Simple implementation: A checkbox labeled "Hide Non Vessels" which would filter out AtoN and Base Classes. (And any others that are non-vessel)

Medium implementation: A list of the various "Class"es with checkboxes to show/hide them.

Complex implementation: A method to filter based on any of the AIS data points as some users would possibly want to filter on other criteria.
Please fill it in the tracker at https://opencpn.org/flyspray/ - Here in the forum it more than sure gets lost...
Old 18-06-2018, 11:04   #2640

Feature Requests: Color coded Safe Clearance, depending on mast height

Hi

I would be nice to have an option for a minimum safe clearance.
Then display cables and bridges as red line if lower than mastheigth
and green if larger.

And also an option for thickness of the cable and bridge lines.
They are a bit thin by now.

Best regards

Hans
kordula is offline   Reply With Quote