Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-03-2017, 09:22   #2266

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm View Post
Personally, I find the map print feature very useful. I use it to make copies for navigation exercises. I also tend to give copies to my crew if they want to make some research and annotate the copy with information on interesting places to visit. I also like to make a backup print for planned route just in case electronics fail. Therefore my polite feature request for better printing support.
You're not alone liking the print chart feature - off the beaten track it can be party night on the boat with the best printer with cruisers making chartlets of the next harbours up the coast and swapping info about anchorages - some parts of the world it's hard or even impossible to get hold of paper charts so printing from Opencpn can be a very useful feature, and any enhancements would be welcome.

Old 27-03-2017, 19:23   #2267

Boat: Van der Stadt Samoa 48

We have during our soon two years of passage, found a need to make a detailed passage plan consisting of several routes and days at anchor and days in marinas. The purpose of the passage plan is to make sure that we get to your destination without getting into trouble with hurricanes, etc..

I have developed a spreadsheet for the purpose, but it will much more efficient if it is a part of OpenCPN.

After making a route it could be included into a passage plan and you can input how many days you plan to stay in that marina or anchorage. After each change the passage plan is recalculate and you will know when at the final destination.

There should be an alarm if you plan to sail a route when there is is a risk of hurricanes etc..

The passage plan should be updated with actual data after sailing a route.

Lars
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passageplanning.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	144106  

Old Today, 09:27   #2268

Boat: Colvic Countess 33

When Routes are imported from a gpx they are all set visible and is a pain in the bum making each one invisible individually.
A button to make Routes all invisible or for Routes to be imported with the default to be invisible (Rt click on import GPX?) would be a nice feature.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: