Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-11-2014, 05:46   #1681

Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
...May we add your vote to the ballot, to eliminate this option in Options > UI?
Checkbox for "Show Toolbar in Full Screen Mode" --> Such that the Toolbar will always be shown no matter what screen mode...
I am fine with eliminating this option. As Dave said, without the toolbox, OpenCPN is just a pretty picture.
Quote:
PS: If the Toolbar is always shown no matter what Screen Mode, then Opencpn can remember Full Screen Mode without messing up Tablet functionality.
I'm not so sure about this. Currently I see no way to turn off full screen mode using the toolbar or options dialog. As far as I know, the only way to turn it off is F11, which is often not available on tablets because of no keyboard.

So if we are voting, I would vote for adding a new checkbox in Options > UI to turn on/off fullscreen mode. That would eliminate the problem for tablets.
RhythmDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 06:13   #1682

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

rgleason
Quote:
PS: If the Toolbar is always shown no matter what Screen Mode, then Opencpn can remember Full Screen Mode without messing up Tablet functionality.
RDr
Quote:
I'm not so sure about this. Currently I see no way to turn off full screen mode using the toolbar or options dialog. As far as I know, the only way to turn it off is F11, which is often not available on tablets because of no keyboard.

So if we are voting, I would vote for adding a new checkbox in Options > UI to turn on/off fullscreen mode. That would eliminate the problem for tablets.
RDr about the F11 Full Screen/Partial Screen problem because there is no keyboard on tablets... Mouse or Touch screen operation is preferred I believe. Ok maybe there should be an optional "Screen Toggle Icon" button for the Toolbar that toggles between full screen and partial. Need to figure out a way to not use up real estate...

Alternative: How do you mouse right click? If you can do that maybe you mouse right click on "?" icon and pick a new menu item "Full/Partial Screen toggle"

RDr Maybe there should be an optional "Command Keyboard Icon" button for the Toolbar that brings the keyboard up for the purpose of entering Opencpn Commands such as keyboard shortcuts (rather than the normal mode, to enter text into a field).
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 07:19   #1683

Refer to this thread for related discussion on F11 and show Toolbar

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1682706
Old 22-11-2014, 04:55   #1684

Boat: Allegro 33

Hi!
Can't seem to find the trip and sum log in the dashboard. I am running 3.2.2 (Latest).
/Hans
hasse_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 13:36   #1685

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasse_A View Post
Hi!
Can't seem to find the trip and sum log in the dashboard. I am running 3.2.2 (Latest).
/Hans
Hasse

They are only available in the 3.3.2316.
They are not present in the 3.2.2 version.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 19:30   #1686

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC

Maybe this is already available but I can't find it in the search function. I would like to be able to overlay grib files on my open charts. Chuck

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 19:40   #1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorageGuy View Post
Maybe this is already available but I can't find it in the search function. I would like to be able to overlay grib files on my open charts. Chuck
Grib Weather Plugin | Official OpenCPN Homepage
RhythmDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 19:54   #1688

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC

Many thanks. Chuck

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:42   #1689

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

For keyboard control, I need a way to switch to vector charts or current scale raster. Currently Ctrl+ and left and right arrows work, but causes me to go to the smallest scale raster before reaching vector.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:00   #1690

Sean
Quote:
For keyboard control, I need a way to switch to vector charts or current scale raster. Currently Ctrl+ and left and right arrows work, but causes me to go to the smallest scale raster before reaching vector.
What about a shortcut like "Ctrl + C" for change Chart type, similar scale (approximate)? Then you just keeping hitting it to cycle around the chart types available.

Here is the current list
http://opencpn.org/ocpn/keyboard-shortcuts
Old 03-12-2014, 16:44   #1691

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

yes, well, maybe, but I would also like to see partial transparency to blend vector and raster charts.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 17:14   #1692
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
yes, well, maybe, but I would also like to see partial transparency to blend vector and raster charts.
A long time ago, I put in a feature request in Flyspray for "Intelligent transparent overlays". I THINK it is still there. Haven't looked in many months.

This would not only blend chart groups together, but do things like show the nav chart where it is water, but a Google image where it is land.

With the addition of topo data, you can make it where lights that should be visible to your boat glow brighter.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 17:17   #1693

Wow, what an idea. How would that help us? and wouldn't it take a lot more HP?
Old 03-12-2014, 17:34   #1694
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360

Quote:
Wow, what an idea. How would that help us? and wouldn't it take a lot more HP?
Yep to more HP. Obviously it would be an opt-in type of feature for those with systems that can handle it. On my power boat I have a 8 thread i7 with 16gb ram. It would handle it fine. Actually those features exist in Nobeltec that ran fine on a P4 laptop with 512mb.

The light feature helped immensely when tired at 3am coming into Ft. Meyers for the first time after an 18 hour trip across the gulf.

The aerial photo overlay helps in making the land features easier to recognize. A transparent overlay degrades both images. An intelligent overlay means the marine charts are crisp on the water and photos are crisp on the land.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 18:32   #1695

FS#342 : Chart Tool Transparent and/or Intelligent Overlay, many file types[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&cha ngedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedf rom=&closedto=