Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-05-2014, 04:10   #1606

Re: Feature Requests

I would like to have the opportunity to remap the keys. For Instance my mini waterproof bluetooth keyboard does not have a F11 button. So changing back and forth fullscreen requires another keyboard. I would like to change that to key "f" or F8 or whatever.

Regards
Peter
it-slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 23:37   #1607

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-slav View Post
I would like to have the opportunity to remap the keys. For Instance my mini waterproof bluetooth keyboard does not have a F11 button. So changing back and forth fullscreen requires another keyboard. I would like to change that to key "f" or F8 or whatever.

Regards
Peter
This has been a long time idea of mine. The idea is all the keys as well as toolbar buttons and context menu items are all converted to actions. The actions can be configured by any user and plugin, and can also be invoked remotely via a tcp interface.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 00:01   #1608

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-slav View Post

Regards
Peter
Try the Key Tweak program. Download here.

Terry
yachtvalhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 05:18   #1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
Try the Key Tweak program. Download here.

Terry
Thanks but I run Linux, but you gave me an idea so I will try xmodmap.

Regards
Peter
it-slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 23:14   #1610

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

xmodmap is not per-application, and doesn't really allow for a lot of things I had in mind, but it can work in some cases.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:34   #1611
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Isladelobos,

Table of Maritime Identification Digits

perhaps?
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:47   #1612

Boat: Under Const.

A simple MMSI number to country translator is a good idea, for a rapid country registration view.

Thi is the structure:

Maritime Mobile Service Identity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reedit: Yes bcn, and this:

Maritime identification digits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
isladelobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:45   #1613

Boat: Najad 34

isladelobos...bcn..
Or why not just vote for: FS#1161 - "AIS Add country to the target query dialog" in flyspray?

A screenshoot from my OCPN attached.
Håkan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIS_capture.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	84392  
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18   #1614

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
isladelobos...bcn..
Or why not just vote for: FS#1161 - "AIS Add country to the target query dialog" in flyspray?

A screenshoot from my OCPN attached.
Håkan
Yes, I use this patch also.
Don't know why such things don't find it's way into master code.
Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:01   #1615

Boat: Phantom 19

Gerhard....
The reason is pretty simple, there is limited quantity of people to review, fix and merge stuff like this so it takes time.
Re this particular patch, it needs fixing the typography, which now is inconsistent with the rest of the dialog as shown on Hakan's screenshot.
And as with all the other patches that make sense: Had it been sent as a pull request on github, it would have been in the master branch for months now...

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03   #1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
......Re this particular patch, it needs fixing the typography, which now is inconsistent with the rest of the dialog as shown on Hakan's screenshot.
And as with all the other patches that make sense: Had it been sent as a pull request on github, it would have been in the master branch for months now...
Pavel
Pavel, many thanks for your nice wording. I like to understand it as I'm allowed to mix a little with the excellent coders here, like yourself. It may be I'm to shy to push my trivial attempts. But now I may dare give it a try.

Before that please explain your view of the typography inconsistency. Should the text "Flag:..." be bold or...?
And, should the country names be market for translation or kept in English? (I think Gerhard likes it translated)
Thanks Håkan
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30   #1617

Boat: Amel Sharki

I never made a pull request to github because I can test my code only with my machine and not with any other operating system. So it will probably only work with Mac OS X and the latest wxWidget version 3.1.0 which is still not finished for Mac OS X. If anybody is able to bring his code into the master then I wonder how a quality proof should be done. As seen with latest beta versions there seems to be in fact no quality control at all.

As Pavel pointed out the FlySpray is rather useless when nobody cares about it.

And yes, I like to have a german version.

Gerhard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AIS-Flag.png
Views:	247
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	84410  
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:03   #1618

Quote:
Pavel, many thanks for your nice wording. I like to understand it as I'm allowed to mix a little with the excellent coders here, like yourself. It may be I'm to shy to push my trivial attempts. But now I may dare give it a try.

Before that please explain your view of the typography inconsistency. Should the text "Flag:..." be bold or...?
And, should the country names be market for translation or kept in English? (I think Gerhard likes it translated)
Thanks Håkan
Hakan...
All the other fields in this dialog have a label (not ending with ":") in a bit smaller and lighter font above the value (which is in bold) - My view on typography is that a newly added field should follow this convention.
And yes, the full country names should IMO use the _ macro, not _T to make it translatable as Gerhard probably did in his private version.
@Gerhard - I'm really sorry for not constantly looking for patches attached to all the FS tickets. Will punish myself somehow, don't worry.

Pavel
Old 04-07-2014, 14:41   #1619

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Hakan...
All the other fields in this dialog have a label (not ending with ":") in a bit smaller and lighter font above the value (which is in bold) - My view on typography is that a newly added field should follow this convention.
And yes, the full country names should IMO use the _ macro, not _T to make it translatable as Gerhard probably did in his private version.
@Gerhard - I'm really sorry for not constantly looking for patches attached to all the FS tickets. Will punish myself somehow, don't worry.

Pavel
Pavel..
- A dialog as the attached one then?
- Translation for the long country name is no problem but what about the short term for each country used in the mouse rollower box. Are there national designations also for them? It's not a big thing to mark them for translation but is it practical for the translators? See some examples:
Code:
case 373: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Panama") : _T("PA") ;
    case 375: 
    case 376: 
    case 377: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Saint Vincent and the Grenadines") : _T("VC") ;
    case 378: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("British Virgin Islands") : _T("VG") ;
    case 379: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("United States Virgin Islands") : _T("AE") ;
    case 401: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Afghanistan") : _T("AF") ;
    case 403: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Saudi Arabia") : _T("SA") ;
    case 405: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bangladesh") : _T("BD") ;
    case 408: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bahrain") : _T("BH") ;
    case 410: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bhutan") : _T("BT") ;
- And Pavel.. No one should excuse for not spending more free time to offer theirs effort to serve us this wonderful OCPN. We are so grateful with your extraordinary generosity. For me flyspray is a list of wishes and not a list of demands.
Thanks Håkan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AIS_target_querry.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	84439  
Old 04-07-2014, 14:54   #1620

Quote:
Pavel..
- A dialog as the attached one then?
- Translation for the long country name is no problem but what about the short term for each country used in the mouse rollower box. Are there national designations also for them? It's not a big thing to mark them for translation but is it practical for the translators? See some examples:
Code:
case 373: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Panama") : _T("PA") ;
    case 375: 
    case 376: 
    case 377: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Saint Vincent and the Grenadines") : _T("VC") ;
    case 378: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("British Virgin Islands") : _T("VG") ;
    case 379: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("United States Virgin Islands") : _T("AE") ;
    case 401: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Afghanistan") : _T("AF") ;
    case 403: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Saudi Arabia") : _T("SA") ;
    case 405: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bangladesh") : _T("BD") ;
    case 408: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bahrain") : _T("BH") ;
    case 410: return b_CntryLongStr ? _T("Bhutan") : _T("BT") ;
- And Pavel.. No one should excuse for not spending more free time to offer theirs effort to serve us this wonderful OCPN. We are so grateful with your extraordinary generosity. For me flyspray is a list of wishes and not a list of demands.
Thanks Håkan
Hakan...
Yeah, looks much better now
I would definitely not make the country codes localizable - they are simply standardized by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

So my take would be
Code:
case 401: return b_CntryLongStr ? _("Afghanistan") : _T("AF") ;
Pavel