Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 03:18   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Den Helder, the Netherlands
Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"
Posts: 118
Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

I just have added a feature request in Flyspray (FS#2556).
It is about an option to show or hide all items in either Routes, Tracks, Waypoints or Layers

Reason: I am a OpenCPN-user for quite a few years now, but what I really miss in Route&Mark Manager, is an option in the "Routes" tab to show or hide all items (so when the Routes-tab is selected: all routes). The same goes for the tab "Tracks", the tab "Waypoints" and the tab "Layers".

Especially when you have a great number of routes or tracks, it is not practical if you have to select or deselect each route or track one by one in order to have them shown or hidden. This goes for every version of OpenCPN, but of course especially when working on small screens (like when working with the Android version on a smartphone).

My suggestion/request: add a button "Show All" and/or "Hide All" (see attached screenshot).

The new feature in OpenCPN 5 (shortcut "V") is already a great step forward, but shows/hides all Routes and Tracks and Layers. Very often I want to hide all Tracks or Routes, but keep my Layers visible.

Am I the only OpenCPN-user who misses this option?
If you feel the same about this, then vote for this feature request.


Roel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flyspray-RM-suggestion.png
Views:	24
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	191592  
__________________

Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 18:32   #2
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 13,281
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Roel, you are not the only user. Would you mind entering this in Tracker and label the Short Title starting with "RM -[your description]" under the OpenCPN task?


You'll find Tracker on the main website menu. Also add a link to this good post for under description.

Thanks!
__________________

rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 00:42   #3
Moo
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 407
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel Smidt View Post
I just have added a feature request in Flyspray (FS#2556).
It is about an option to show or hide all items in either Routes, Tracks, Waypoints or Layers

Reason: I am a OpenCPN-user for quite a few years now, but what I really miss in Route&Mark Manager, is an option in the "Routes" tab to show or hide all items (so when the Routes-tab is selected: all routes). The same goes for the tab "Tracks", the tab "Waypoints" and the tab "Layers".

Especially when you have a great number of routes or tracks, it is not practical if you have to select or deselect each route or track one by one in order to have them shown or hidden. This goes for every version of OpenCPN, but of course especially when working on small screens (like when working with the Android version on a smartphone).

My suggestion/request: add a button "Show All" and/or "Hide All" (see attached screenshot).

The new feature in OpenCPN 5 (shortcut "V") is already a great step forward, but shows/hides all Routes and Tracks and Layers. Very often I want to hide all Tracks or Routes, but keep my Layers visible.

Am I the only OpenCPN-user who misses this option?
If you feel the same about this, then vote for this feature request.


Roel

The "V" hotkey hides everything, marks, WPs, tracks, etc, which might help you.



I would like to see each group of those objects selected on/off individually but have not got around to entering at as a feature request.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:32   #4
Registered User
 
Gilletarom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Boat: 10.50 mètres
Posts: 2,648
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
The "V" hotkey hides everything, marks, WPs, tracks, etc, which might help you.
.
I just try "v", "V", "Ctrl + v", "Ctrl + V", "Alt + v", "Alt + V" ...

With Windows 10 and, OpenCPN 5.0.0+0aab4de

I thought that keyboard shortcut was active in the manager of routes, tracks, WP and layer. Oups ... Error ... Really it run and the objects are hide/shox on chart area.

I think this keyboard shortcut can cause problems because, what it hides on the chart area does not show eyes closed in the manager.

It is enough that a user uses the key "v" inadvertently, not to understand where the routes, tracks, and WP have passed.


I would prefer a toggle "hide / show" in the manager of routes, tracks and WP.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:04   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Den Helder, the Netherlands
Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"
Posts: 118
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Would you mind entering this in Tracker and label the Short Title starting with "RM -[your description]" under the OpenCPN task?
You'll find Tracker on the main website menu. Also add a link to this good post for under description.

Thanks!
Hi Rick,
I'm a bit confused. Because when I open Tracker via the main website menu, I can see my request is already entered. So I'm not sure what action you want me to undertake right now (I did just add a link to this post though).
Best regards,
Roel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00-Feature-Request.png
Views:	23
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	191683  
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:43   #6
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 13,281
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Ok now you should VOTE for it. You need to get this into the "vetted" features list and I am going to change greater than 7 to greater than 10 pretty soon.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:44   #7
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 13,281
Re: Feature Request: Show All/Hide All in Route & Mark Manager

Ah I see it is in Vetted features
__________________

rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
route

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Route & Mark Manager width Sir_Crabs_A_Lot OpenCPN 8 07-10-2018 13:22
Route and Mark Manager Change Proposal SerialHobbyist OpenCPN 13 12-09-2018 07:16
Slow Route & Mark Manager fiacca OpenCPN 2 12-06-2018 01:10
Waypoint manager, Hide all waypoints. Gilletarom OpenCPN 3 06-04-2014 01:09
Tracker: RM [Route Manager] Feature Requests rgleason OpenCPN 0 14-09-2013 07:58



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:53.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.