Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2015, 14:15   #1

Export GPX issue

Hi, hope I didn't miss the answer to this but can't seem to find it in a search. I'm new to OpenCPN, so I imported my routes and waypoints via GPX (from OziExplorer). Seemed to work fine...I went through and changed all the icons to ones that I had brought into UserIcons (via the OpenCPN web site).

The problem is, these waypoints won't export to a GPX file, only a select few are saved. I need to install them to other computers on board a ship, and to be able to change waypoint/route sets during a cruise (it's a research vessel).

It seems that the exported GPX file retains the original icon names, which are unknown to OpenCPN so they default to 'Airport'. I addition, they don't all export anyway, many are missing completely. The routes seem to export okay however. Just not the waypoints.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any help...
DRYelland is offline   Reply With Quote