Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2018, 02:59   #1
Registered User
 
Gilletarom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Boat: 10.50 mètres
Posts: 2,648
Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Hello,

So I have a raspberry with Debian stretch up to date.

So I see this page :
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...spberrypi_rpi2

I try to add trusty sources and to add xenial sources. In each case when I try this :
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C865EB40

Not good.

I try also the ppa bdbcat/opencpn

Not good (It seem that this ppa is "Page 403")

So who can explain more ? (Please, do not said me that it is best to use the NOOBS OpenPlotter version)

Thank by advance.
__________________

Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 04:38   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 588
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello,

So I have a raspberry with Debian stretch up to date.

So I see this page :
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...spberrypi_rpi2

I try to add trusty sources and to add xenial sources. In each case when I try this :
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C865EB40

Not good.

I try also the ppa bdbcat/opencpn

Not good (It seem that this ppa is "Page 403")

So who can explain more ? (Please, do not said me that it is best to use the NOOBS OpenPlotter version)

Thank by advance.
Gille,

I also tried this before: installing Linux Stretch and then tried to add OpenCPN. That does not work.

If you do it the other way: first OpenPlotter with OpenCPN using the oeSenc charts.

Update OpenPlotter with latest 0.17. version. Update Jessy, update the kernel.

Then change the server settings from Jessy to Stretch. Then update and upgrade.
A long update follows. Removing unused files with apt autoremove.

Then you get Linux Stretch with OpenCPN working, latest OpenPlotter update and the oeSenc still in place and working.

Then with switching on the VC4 driver. You have a very stable Linux version with quick screen movement. And everything still working.

Works great here,

Only with the latest beta 4.8.10119 most of the plugins are not available, because of the change of directory.

OpenCPN version is still Trusty.

Regards,


Bram
__________________

verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 05:54   #3
Registered User
 
Gilletarom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Boat: 10.50 mètres
Posts: 2,648
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Hello Bram,

Thank you . But, that I did it already until during the update of OpenPlotter from 1.6 to 1.7, something occur that definitely "breaks" my SD card.

I could have started again in the same way, following your solution which was also mine.

But, I wanted to "rub" Debian and all his commands.

So, I keep saying "Help". Maybe RGleason or Bdbcat (if he has time) or Pavel (if he has time) will go through here to tell us a little more.

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 06:13   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 588
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Bram,

Thank you . But, that I did it already until during the update of OpenPlotter from 1.6 to 1.7, something occur that definitely "breaks" my SD card.

I could have started again in the same way, following your solution which was also mine.

But, I wanted to "rub" Debian and all his commands.

So, I keep saying "Help". Maybe RGleason or Bdbcat (if he has time) or Pavel (if he has time) will go through here to tell us a little more.

Gilletarom.
Hi Gille,

that was also my idea. To start with a fresh version of Linux Stretch and then add OpenCPN. But that seems at the moment impossible. There is no compatible version of OpenCPN with Debian 9.2 aka Stretch.

Why it works the other way around, still with OpenCPN Trusty and oeSenc in place and working on the latest Linux Stretch version is not clear to me as a simple user.

Upgrading OpenPlotter to 0.17 gives no problem here. I have done that several times.

It is expected that Sailoog is coming (soon ??) with a new version of OpenPlotter based on Stretch.

Latest kernel version is now 4.9.77-V7+

Regards,


Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 06:50   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 588
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkerkbr View Post
Hi Gille,

that was also my idea. To start with a fresh version of Linux Stretch and then add OpenCPN. But that seems at the moment impossible. There is no compatible version of OpenCPN with Debian 9.2 aka Stretch.

Why it works the other way around, still with OpenCPN Trusty and oeSenc in place and working on the latest Linux Stretch version is not clear to me as a simple user.

Upgrading OpenPlotter to 0.17 gives no problem here. I have done that several times.

It is expected that Sailoog is coming (soon ??) with a new version of OpenPlotter based on Stretch.

Latest kernel version is now 4.9.77-V7+

Regards,


Bram
Now with the latest upgrade of OpenCPN oeSENC does no longer works. Perhaps due to the replacement of the plugins.

These are no longer visible in OpenCPN. Oesenc-pi is missing.

A pity. Try now to take a backup to see when it stops working.

Regards,

Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 07:41   #6
Registered User
 
Gilletarom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Boat: 10.50 mètres
Posts: 2,648
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkerkbr View Post
Now with the latest upgrade of OpenCPN oeSENC does no longer works. Bram
Perhaps : If you change the system (From Jessy to Stretch), then, you cannot used the oeSENC charts. And then because the old FingerPrint is not good !

Am Iwrong ? Have you try to ask this ? So ask this to BCN.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:26   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 588
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Perhaps : If you change the system (From Jessy to Stretch), then, you cannot used the oeSENC charts. And then because the old FingerPrint is not good !

Am Iwrong ? Have you try to ask this ? So ask this to BCN.
Gille,

your are wrong. You can do the update to Stretch and OpenCPN and oeSenc are still working.

The trouble comes with the update to the latest beta's We have seen that the Tital info was gone. Because the plugins are placed in other folder.

I now try to found out at what point the working of the oesenc plugin is no longer available.

Regards,


Bram
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:51   #8
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 3,540
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Perhaps : If you change the system (From Jessy to Stretch), then, you cannot used the oeSENC charts. And then because the old FingerPrint is not good !

Am Iwrong ? Have you try to ask this ? So ask this to BCN.
Shall not influence. If you just upgrade from Jessy to Stretch, oeSENC will see the same system.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 10:24   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Halmatic 30
Posts: 588
Re: Debian, Raspberypi : How to install OpenCPN 4.8 from ppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Shall not influence. If you just upgrade from Jessy to Stretch, oeSENC will see the same system.
Hi Hubert,

changing from Jessy to Stretch can be done without losing the oeSENC keys and charts.

It works with OpenCPN 4.8.0.

But if you update OpenCPN to one the beta versions then the plugins are no longer recognized. Because the directory has moved from usr/share/opencpn/plugins

to usr/local/share/opencpn/plugins.

Whatever I try I cannot get the plugins back in OpenCPN.

How about users changing to the new forthcoming OpenCPN version ?

Regards,


Bram
__________________

verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
enc, opencpn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
opencpn 4.4 stable install on debian jessie cruiseran OpenCPN 3 16-12-2016 12:09
Is Ver 4.2 available in the PPA?? Skua OpenCPN 2 25-02-2016 02:42
Raspberry Pi PPA Packages - Help needed. rgleason OpenCPN 2 03-02-2016 07:55
Debian 8 (jessie) install problems svmystique OpenCPN 1 23-01-2016 18:59
OpenCPN Build on Debian antonm OpenCPN 176 21-08-2012 08:40

Advertise Here


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:46.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.