Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 17:45   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 37
Dashboard

I have a Raymarine system (C70) and just installed a shipmodul to send the NEMA info to my computer running OpenCPN

I have the newest stable version of opencpn installed on my windows xp machine. I have also taken a look at the newest beta.

I was using the dashboard - like it - but can't figure out how to change depth to feet rather than meters. The "temperature" also shows "A" (for ambient?) but the only NMEA data would be water temperature. Shows centigrade, but I would prefer fahrenheit.

I also have a question about the compass reading (flux gate compass). The compass is mounted in "reverse" and I set the C70 to display 180 degrees from "normal". I'm not sure what's happenign with OpenCPN as I've only been in the slip. Does it perhaps correct with movemant?

Thanks in advance for what are probably simple (for you) questions.

Robert
sf-robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51   #2

Boat: Journeyman
Re: Dashboard

The "A" in the temperature is a bug. Will be fixed for next beta, along with a significant number of improvements in the Dashboard.

The units should follow the units in your NMEA stream, although a few bugs in this respect have also been fixed for next beta.

Your instrumentation system should use its calibrations and put the proper values in the NMEA data, so you will have a correct compass reading in the dashboard.
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote