Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2011, 21:09   #1

Boat: Albin Vega 27 "Velocir"
CYC Chart CDs

So, I know enough to think its possible but I don't know nearly enough to get it done. Some help from the wise please!

I got some 08' cyc chartbooks from a friend and I want to use their digital charts (on cd) with opencpn, a vastly better plotter than their POS 'navigation light'. Could anyone help me figure out how to use the charts on Opencpn? Idiots guide version please.
Velocir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:27   #2

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: CYC Chart CDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocir View Post
So, I know enough to think its possible but I don't know nearly enough to get it done. Some help from the wise please!

I got some 08' cyc chartbooks from a friend and I want to use their digital charts (on cd) with opencpn, a vastly better plotter than their POS 'navigation light'. Could anyone help me figure out how to use the charts on Opencpn? Idiots guide version please.
I'm not familiar with cyc digital charts. What is the file extension of the chart files? For more info check Chart Formats | Official OpenCPN Homepage.
Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:32   #3
Marine Service Provider

Her is an extract from fugawi site looks like they might be bsb chart. CYC means Caribbean Yachting Charts

"...."..."...........

2011 Edition Charts Now Shipping
These nautical charts of the the US East Coast and Caribbean are made in the BSB/EAN format from Nautical Publications' (NV.Charts') popular Caribbean Yachting Charts, for use with Fugawi Marine ENC or other compatible software.

US East Coast and Caribbean Yachting Charts are especially produced by Nautical Publications with the requirements of the yachtsman in mind.

Each set includes both the paper printed map and a companion CD with the electronics BSB version of the charts.

NEW: Raster charts are also available for direct download from Fugawi X-Traverse for use in select software products.

..".......................

If the file extension is .kap they should work ok with OpenCPN

Regards

Richard
r.fairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 17:14   #4

Boat: Albin Vega 27 "Velocir"
I can,t seem to get them to unlock even though they are accepting my cd keys. The company has not responded to my problem.
Velocir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts