Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2016, 03:51   #1

Compiling for Android

I have added some changes to the source code and succeeded to compile that on Windows and Linux. Now I want to compile it for Android as well.

There is a compiled version for download from Google Play. So I suppose the problem is already solved but has not yet made it into the Developer's guide. Is there a "howto" available for me?

+++, Egon
egon.5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:08   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Compiling for Android

https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/b...android/README

You will sure have a lot of fun. If you don't really know what you are doing and don't actually intend to work on the code, I would not hesitate to say it is a waste of time.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:26   #3

Thank you for the warning. I will predefine the time I will spend on this matter.
Old 13-12-2016, 01:28   #4

Following the instructions on how to build for android I am told to clone wxWidgets from github. But I am missing the user name and password. Unfortunately I am not told which version to download either. So I am stuck.

+++, Egon
Old 13-12-2016, 02:10   #5

Egon...
I'm really not sure I will have enough patience to walk you through the whole README line-by line, especially as I haven't done an Android build myself for a very long time and simply don't remember. But this one is easy.

At https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/b...oid/README#L97 you are told exactly "which version" of wxWidgets you have to use.
If you continue reading, it also tells you how to use it, please pay a lot of attention to those instructions, they really matter.

You do not need any username or password to use it (You would if you needed write access to that repository, which you don't. If you need to make changes and contribute them back, fork it under your account and then you obviously will have the credentials. When done with your changes, create a pull request to the original repository)

Again, please look closely at the README and asses whether continuing makes sense, there are gonna be much harder and more frustrating moments ahead...

Pavel
Old 13-12-2016, 02:32   #6

Yes, I missed a letter - which caused git to ask for a password. I was not smart enough to see the real problem.

By the way: line 89 states
https://qt-project.org/wiki/Install_Qt_5_on_Ubuntu which I cannot open either, but
Install Qt 5 on Ubuntu - Qt Wiki does the trick.
Old 15-12-2016, 00:44   #7
kb1

Unfortunately I'm trying to compile for android too!
Why am I getting compile errors?

eg.:
[ 27%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/options.cpp.obj
/home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/CMakeFiles/include -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -o CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/options.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/src/options.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/options.cpp: In member function 'void options::OnButtoncompressClick(wxCommandEvent&)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/options.cpp:6461:22: error: no match for 'operator+=' (operand types are 'wxArrayInt' and 'int')
pListBoxSelections += n;
^
[ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/pluginmanager.cpp.obj
/home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/CMakeFiles/include -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -o CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/pluginmanager.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/src/pluginmanager.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/pluginmanager.cpp:242:41: error: 'OnEndPerformCurlDownload' is not a member of 'PlugInManager'
EVT_CURL_END_PERFORM( CurlThreadId, PlugInManager::OnEndPerformCurlDownload )
^
[ 20%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/LLRegion.cpp.obj
/home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/CMakeFiles/include -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -o CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/LLRegion.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/src/LLRegion.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/LLRegion.cpp: In member function 'void work::PutVertex(const contour_pt&)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/LLRegion.cpp:266:33: error: cannot convert 'double*' to 'GLdouble* {aka float*}' for argument '2' to 'void gluTessVertex(GLUtesselator*, GLdouble*, GLvoid*)'
gluTessVertex(tobj, p, p);
^
[ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/androidUTIL.cpp.obj
/home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/CMakeFiles/include -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -o CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/androidUTIL.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/src/androidUTIL.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/androidUTIL.cpp: In function '_jstring* Java_org_opencpn_OCPNNativeLib_getVPCorners(JNIEnv *, jobject)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/androidUTIL.cpp:903:43: error: 'class LLBBox' has no member named 'GetMaxY'
s.Printf(_T("%g;%g;%g;%g;"), vbox.GetMaxY(), vbox.GetMaxX(), vbox.GetMinY(), vbox.GetMinX());
^
[ 17%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.obj
/home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/CMakeFiles/include -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -o CMakeFiles/gorp.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp: In member function 'void glChartCanvas::SetupOpenGL()':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp:855:77: error: 'isPlatformCapable' was not declared in this scope
g_GLOptions.m_bUseCanvasPanning = isPlatformCapable(PLATFORM_CAP_FASTPAN);
^
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp: In function 'void combineCallbackD(GLdouble*, GLdouble**, GLfloat*, GLdouble**)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp:2247:14: error: cannot convert 'double*' to 'GLdouble* {aka float*}' in assignment
*dataOut = vertex;
^
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp: In function 'void vertexCallbackD(GLvoid*)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/glChartCanvas.cpp:2252:36: error: 'glVertex3dv' was not declared in this scope
glVertex3dv( (GLdouble *)vertex);
^
and more ...
I think Mr Register could help if he is stll available
Regards,
KB
kb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 02:34   #8

KB...
My crystal ball says you are trying to build a branch that does not currently work on Android (probably master looking at the line number from your first error).

Same as what I suggested to Egon of course applies. The build for Android is BY FAR more fragile than for the other platforms, please keep it on mind and really read the errors you get from the build. And please, at least try to describe what exactly you are doing when posting questions. And use the CODE tags (# icon in the toolbar when you write your post) to enclose the long texts like logs.

Pavel
Old 15-12-2016, 03:49   #9

Boat: Amel Sharki

Why not tell the truth?
At least the Android version is not OpenSource anymore.
You have to pay 10 Dollar at the Google Play Store for a (hopefully) running version and might get help here: OpenCPN Android Forum for the Purchased App

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 06:16   #10
kb1

Nohal,
Your crystal ball is correct! I think that somebody should fix master!
The branch mentioned in the README was useless! Way out of date!

Please explain the error in androidUTIL.cpp.
There is NO WAY this should not work in master for android!

/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/androidUTIL.cpp:903:43: error: 'class LLBBox' has no member named 'GetMaxY'
s.Printf(_T("%g;%g;%g;%g;"), vbox.GetMaxY(), vbox.GetMaxX(), vbox.GetMinY(), vbox.GetMinX());
Old 15-12-2016, 06:17   #11

@kb
I had a similar issue. The problem in my case was that the setup.h file found in wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1/wx was not adequate.

All the necessary variables are there but some of them are set to 0. So I opened that file, looked vor the variables called wxUSE_GLCANVAS and wxUSE_SOCKETS and set them to 1.

After that I recompiled the wxWidgets ...
That solved part of my problems.

But then at 87% compiled the make command complains about not having a rule for libopencpn.so which apparently has to be built first but is described later in chapter G.

Problem there is that the CMakeLists.txt in the plugins directory contain hard coded paths to /home/dsr/.... I have fixed that but running the Makefile.android as suggest the compiler complains about not finding wxWidget header files. I will try to tackle that tomorrow.
Old 15-12-2016, 07:32   #12
kb1

egon,
Are you using the master branch? Or the one in the README:
F. Build OCPN
___Checkout the OpenCPN "wxqt" branch from github opencpn site.

This branch is way out of date.

I'm using the master branch NOW!
And configured wxqt --with-opengl:
../configure --with-qt --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --host=arm-linux-androideabi --enable-compat28 --disable-shared --disable-arttango --enable-image --disable-dragimage --with-libtiff=no --disable-baseevtloop --disable-xrc --disable-cmdline --disable-miniframe --disable-mdi --enable-debug --disable-stc --disable-ribbon --disable-propgrid --with-opengl --enable-selectloop

How about you?
beaumont_k@yahoo.co.uk
Old 15-12-2016, 07:39   #13
kb1

egon,
In my master version those 2 variables (wxUSE_GLCANVAS wxUSE_SOCKETS) ARE set to 1 !!!
you NEED to use the master git !!!!

see my previos posting (waiting to be approved by moderator!)
Probably because I included:

beaumont_k
AT
yahoo
DOT
co
DOT
uk
Old 15-12-2016, 08:40   #14
kb1

egon,
Update:
Just hit your problem with the plugins!
commented out the hard coded stuff - building libopencpn.so comes later
and presumably so does:
${NDK_Base}/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/libs/armeabi-v7a/libgnustl_shared.so

More:
cd /home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins
kb@kb-VPCYB15AB:~/OpenCPN/plugins$ find .|xargs grep -n -dskip Projects
./dashboard_pi/orig_CMakeLists.txt:214: #KB /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./dashboard_pi/CMakeLists.txt:214: #KB /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./dashboard_pi/CMakeLists.txt~:214: #KB /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./grib_pi/orig_CMakeLists.txt:188: #KB /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./grib_pi/CMakeLists.txt:188: #KB s/home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./grib_pi/CMakeLists.txt~:188: #KB s/home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./grib_pi/data/selzone.svg:20: inkscape:export-filename="C:\Users\Jeanpierremartine\Documents\Vis ual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\data\s elzone.png"
./grib_pi/data/request_end.svg:20: inkscape:export-filename="C:\Users\Jeanpierremartine\Documents\Vis ual Studio 2013\Projects\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\data\r equest_end.png"

./wmm_pi/cmake/PluginConfigure.cmake:141: /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so
./chartdldr_pi/cmake/PluginConfigure.cmake:105: /home/dsr/Projects/opencpn_sf/opencpn/build-opencpn-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libopencpn.so

./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:76: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll.d ef"
./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:158: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll.d ef"
./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:248: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll.d ef"
./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:340: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll.d ef"
./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:433: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll_n ocrypt.def"
./chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/UnRARDll.vcproj:525: ModuleDefinitionFile="D:\Projects\WinRAR\rar\dll_n ocrypt.def"

and now in the 90's % !!!!!
But next one:
[ 92%] Building CXX object plugins/chartdldr_pi/CMakeFiles/chartdldr_pi.dir/src/unrar/strfn.cpp.obj
cd /home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/plugins/chartdldr_pi && /home/kb/android_ndk_toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -DANDROID -DARMHF -DLIBUNRAR_BUILD -DOCPN_USE_WRAPPER -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DRARDLL -DSILENT -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUNRAR -DUSE_GARMINHOST -DUSE_GLU_TESS -DUSE_S57 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D__OCPN_USE_CURL__ -D__OCPN__ANDROID__ -D__WXQT__ -Dchartdldr_pi_EXPORTS -DocpnUSE_GL -DocpnUSE_GLES -pthread -fPIC -s -O2 -g -fPIC -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtCore -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtWidgets -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtGui -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtOpenGL -I/home/kb/Qt/5.2.1/android_armv7/include/QtTest -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/build_android/lib/wx/include/arm-linux-androideabi-qt-unicode-static-3.1 -I/home/kb/wxqt/wxWidgets/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/mygdal -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/lz4 -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/build_android/plugins/chartdldr_pi/CMakeFiles/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/include -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src/unrar -I/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src/tinyxml -Wall -Wno-unused -fexceptions -rdynamic -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -Wall -Wno-unused-result -g -O2 -fexceptions -o CMakeFiles/chartdldr_pi.dir/src/unrar/strfn.cpp.obj -c /home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/strfn.cpp
/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/strfn.cpp: In function 'void IntToExt(const char*, char*, size_t)':
/home/kb/OpenCPN/plugins/chartdldr_pi/src/unrar/strfn.cpp:22:35: error: 'UnkToWide' was not declared in this scope
UnkToWide(Src,DestW,ASIZE(DestW));
^
plugins/chartdldr_pi/CMakeFiles/chartdldr_pi.dir/build.make:218: recipe for target 'plugins/chartdldr_pi/CMakeFiles/chartdldr_pi.dir/src/unrar/strfn.cpp.obj' failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/chartdldr_pi/CMakeFiles/chartdldr_pi.dir/src/unrar/strfn.cpp.obj] Error 1
Old 16-12-2016, 00:34   #15

KB
I am happy to know that I am not struggling all by myself.

Since I am not a regular git user I do not really know which branch I am using. I pulled the repository indicated by the instructions into a subfolder of my other compilations. git branch tells me I am using "mingw" which probably is not the truth. I will check that.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to carry on today, but keep my updated.