I wanted to recompile Climatology for Opencpn v3.2.0 with Sean's recent changes.
With Pavel's couching, I was able to create a new directory for the repositiory, git init, then
git clone git://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN.git
then change to the Opencpn 3.2.0 state
git checkout opencpn-3.2.0
then from the opencpn-git directory
then (critical to do this as it sets up opencpn.sln and *.h files) -Pavel's help
cmake .. and cmake --build in the build directory.
then open MSVC and the appropriate opencpn.sln file in the correct directory under build directory.
then it will compile as Opencpn 3.2.0!!
I was trying to short cut omitting cmake commands and just do MSVC and what happens is the Opencpn version remains as v3.3.604 as before.
There was one other problem I was having with all of Sean's plugins, there was a message in cmake output regarding lines in his cmake files.
My git version apparently did not have the necessary file PluginLocalization.cmake so Pavel suggested that I download it here
and advised "You will have to rename/delete it before switching back to master, otherwise there will be a conflict as the file exists there. The best solution would of course be if you create your own local 3.2 branch which contains this file."
--So I have created my own local 3.2 branch, which takes space but works now thanks to Pavel.
Now to compiling Climatology. There were some difficulties. The first times I tried the plugin in MSVC Debug mode
1. Cyclones did not work
2. TABS did not work
3. Data did not show and the checkboxes were greyed out.
4. The plugin also prompted, saying data was missing, to download it from the SourceForge Opencpn Plugin site. The link was for CL-Data-5 which was a surprise since he had asked me to do one final download and processing to create CL-DATA-6! So, I tried copying over the climate/data/ directory files with CL-DATA-5 files. That kind of fixed the data problem and it became apparent to me that Sean intended to still use CL-DATA-5. (I had taken that off the beta site, but will put it back up). He could have told me about that!
5. Now there were other problems... TABS and Cyclones. Sound familiar?
The code changes suggested by ChuckSK in Post #184
and Post #192
solved those problems (found the changes were on different lines).
6. The MSVC Debug Climatology plugin for Opencpn v3.2.0 exhibited breaks and complaints about wx inserts etc. so I could not run it, but when I compiled the release and put it into a release Opencpn v3.2.0 it works.
7. Now I have some news for you folks, for some reason this plugin version is 0.2
minor version "2" and it runs in Opencpn 3.2.0 and greater.
8. There is another version of Climatology that runs in Opencpn 3.3.604 and that compiles as plugin version 0.3 and it uses CL-DATA-6 I believe.
9. Additionally, I just recently modified weather_routing so that #8 would work, but changing the minor version number.
10. I think Sean should have just told me what he wanted to do, rather than program his way around it (me) to do what he wanted to do! However I am still unsure about what he actually wants.
- Is Climatology_v02_Ov3.2.0 to use CL-DATA-5 and run with Wx-Rte?
- Is Climatology _v03_Ov3.3.604 to use CL-DATA-6 and run with Wx-Rte?
Before I continue, and upload this updated version for Ov3.2.0 I am going to have to consider the alternatives a bit, unless Sean wants to let us know.